• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cliff Lee to the M's?

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/1052 ... lockbuster

There is a lot of craziness surrounding this deal right now, but as far as I can see, everyone expects the M's to get Cliff Lee. If this turns out to be true, and the best prospect we gave up to make it happen was Phillipe Aumont, I'd be ready to crown Jack Z the King of Seattle. Felix and Lee would easily make the best 1-2 punch in all of baseball.

Reaction score
Very good trade for the M's. They lose Aumont, Morrow and Saunders, but they gain someone who can make an immediate impact.

12thMan

Huddler
Reaction score
Nothing about Morrow is in this trade. This is who we will give up according to the mariners website. Phillippe Aumont and other prospects. Our starting rotation is starting to look scary good for next season.

1. Felix Hernandez
2. Cliff Lee
3. Ryan Rowland-Smith
4. Brandon Morrow
5. either Fister or Snell in the 5th spot

Reaction score
Fox Sports reported from "MLB Sources" the day this all happened that Morrow, Saunders and Aumont were the prospects mentioned in the deal, but Fox isn't the best news source.

1. Felix Hernandez (R)
2. Cliff Lee (L)
3. Rowland-Smith (L)
4. Ian Snell (R)
5. Luke French (L)/Doug Fister (R)/Brandon Morrow (R)

12thMan

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont know about French being a starter this season unless he shows us some amazing stuff in Spring Training. It will be Fister or Snell in the 5th spot

OP
S
Reaction score
It's Aumont, Gillies, and Ramirez.

This is absolute robbery. Worst case scenario is we get to watch the best pitching duo in the league for a year, Lee leaves in free agency, and we get 2 drafts picks to replace the prospects we gave up. I don't understand why the Phillies would want to make this deal, but that's not our problem. It just feels nice to be on the good end of a trade for once.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:

This is absolute robbery. Worst case scenario is we get to watch the best pitching duo in the league for a year, Lee leaves in free agency, and we get 2 drafts picks to replace the prospects we gave up. I don't understand why the Phillies would want to make this deal, but that's not our problem. It just feels nice to be on the good end of a trade for once.
I'd assume money and that they have too many lefties.

Reaction score
12thMan said:
Nothing about Morrow is in this trade. This is who we will give up according to the mariners website. Phillippe Aumont and other prospects. Our starting rotation is starting to look scary good for next season.

1. Felix Hernandez
2. Cliff Lee
3. Ryan Rowland-Smith
4. Brandon Morrow
5. either Fister or Snell in the 5th spot

lol @ Snell not being a starter.

Felix
Lee
Snell
RRS
Morrow or Fister.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:

Jack Z is my hero.

Reaction score
We have a lot of starting pitchers:

Felix Hernandez
Cliff Lee
Rowland-Smith
Brandon Morrow
Ian Snell
Luke French
Doug Fister
Carlos Silva

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:
phaZe said:
Carlos Silva

lol

Agreed. Why would you even bring him up. haha. By the way. January 11th..... I hope you all will be celebrating it with me. :) Jack Z is amazing. Just amazing.
He's technically still on the team. They gave him so much money, maybe he will shock everyone this year. :lol:

Reaction score
It's official!! Gilies, Ramirez, and Aumont for Lee..... We fucking stole him! Another bat or 2 and this team is not just a contender in the division, but a legit WS contender.

Top Bottom