• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cliff Lee to Rangers

Reaction score
Texas gets: Cliff Lee, Mark Lowe

M's get: Justin Smoak, Blake Beavan, Josh Lueke, and Matt Lawson.

I'm just going to copy and paste my thoughts on this from what I said to pottsie on facebook.

I LOVED watching Lee pitch, he seems like a great guy off the field too. it's hard not to like the guy, he's a professional in every sense of the word and I'm glad to see him go to a contender. That being said Smoak is going to be a stud, Ackley is going to be awesome, Triunfel is a year away, I really like Saunders and Moore has potential. Not to mention the young, proven talent we already have in Guti and Felix. Z is taking this organization in the right direction. He took 3 prospects in Aumont who's been demoted to single A and just looks to be getting worse, Gillies who will never be a starter in the majors if he ever gets there, and a minor league relief pitcher. And turned them into Justin Smoak, a switch hitting first baseman who will be a 35-40 homer threat and he's only 23, Beavan is 6'7" and will be a back of the rotation starter, I think Lueke will be in the bullpen coming out of spring training next year, it sounds like he's got pretty good stuff and he's not small either at 6'5"... I'm taller though :p lol, the other guy is a throw in middle infielder, but he's a decent hitter considering the position he plays. The only thing we gave up is Mark Lowe who is on the DL and is coming back from disc surgery on his back, don't get me wrong though, I really like mark lowe and I was upset when I heard he was part of the deal but we won't see the fruits of this move until like 2012 anyway which is when he's a free agent.

Reaction score
It sucks to see Cliff Lee leave, but everybody knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Since the M's have decided to give up on the season (Traded Lee to Divisional Opponent) they might as well bring up some young guys and see what they can do. I'm really interested in seeing what Pineda and Nick Franklin can do.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;48889 said:
I've been calling for Pineda to be called up all day.
Pineda has been dominating hitters in the minor leagues, but the M's decided to bring up French instead. If he doesn't come up soon he definitely will in September when the roster expands.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
We needed an arm in the bullpen, it was too short of notice to have pineda start. I still think we'll see Bedard before pineda.

dtspecial

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont know hoe the angels could have past up on Lee...guy could have turned their whole season around!!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
The Angels didn't "pass" on him, they just didn't have the prospects to make a legit offer

Top Bottom