• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Branch just traded to NE

Reaction score
mark;50875 said:
well now that housh and branch is gone what are we gonna do....isnt that special
Continue to play football...Housh was a distraction and Branch never really did anything. I'd take Williams and Stokley over Housh and Branch any day.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
mark;50875 said:
well now that housh and branch is gone what are we gonna do....isnt that special
Are you upset with this? Branch does and has done nothing for the hawks. For one, to me this means more opportunities to give the ball to Golden Tate...who is the most explosive player on our offense. Second, we get a 4th round pick for a guy that does absolutely nothing for us. I wouldnt have expected anyone to give us even a 5th round pick for a washed up player who has always been over rated. We pretty much stole a 4th round draft pick from new england even if it does benefit them. He will probably do fine in their system like every other receiver, but he has and never would have done anything in ours. Good job by our front office on this move.

Reaction score
Haha genius!! them not cutting Branch in the off season like many expected has turned out to be a very smart move by the front office... Schneider is a personnel pimp!

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Are you guys forgetting we get our 4th round pick back from the Lynch trade? So basically we traded Branch for Lynch :D

NHSeahawksfan

Huddler
Reaction score
Being a long time Pats fan (living in New England) and a Seahawks fanatic (since '78), I've been fortunate enough to watch Branch for several years. He was awesome with the Pats, but too many injuries and no production while with the Seahawks. He is a very classy, nice, down-to-earth guy and I love him....but nice, classy guys (as a rule) don't win football games. Too many injuries. I wish him luck with the Pats, and look forward to Tate getting more touches on the offense now! Go 'Hawks!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow, I dont know how they pulled this off, but kudos to JS for getting a 4th.

I predict Branch will overextend himself trying to prove himself in NE and gets injuried.

Who is our number #2 guy now? I think it goes like this:

Williams, Tate, Stokely, Butler

Be good to get Obo on the field some more too.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
i dont think branch was all he was cracked up to be either but housh could catch and i think he was the only reciever we had that was on the same page as hass, sure we got tate but alot remains to be seen. i have seen the front office do some dumb shit things over the years that has come back and bit them in the ass

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fenom;50877 said:
Continue to play football...Housh was a distraction and Branch never really did anything. I'd take Williams and Stokley over Housh and Branch any day.

I couldnt agree more.

I hope Butler gets the job. Big Mike Williams and speedy little Butler would be the most odd looking pair lol. But nonetheless effective i think. Hopefully Hass get his head together.

I would like to see the lineup as follows: BMW, Butler, Obomanu/Stokley, Tate. Tate has looked a little uncomfortable out there. Let him return punts until he calms down and gets used to playing in the big leagues.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch for Branch? Done.

We're rebuilding, all the veterans could go, maybe even Hass if we don't start getting some wins. We need to stel this game in Chicago. It's right up our alley too. Stuff the run (check) make them pass and sack 'em. We've beaten Martz offenses before.

Reaction score
We almost beat the Bears last year with Apple Sauce and a crappy team. We should be able to beat the Bears as long as we don't beat ourselves.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;50904 said:
Only problem with that is we can't get a pass rush on the road. If Cutler can't go we should win this game.

4 sacks in St. Loius... not too bad. We saw how bad the bears O line was... I am sure after watching film the Hawks D line could have learned at least a thing or two from the bears giants game.

I don't see the defense being an issue, I see the offense or lack there of being the issue

Reaction score
But did you see how much we had to blitz to get pressure? If we have to do that again they'll kill us with screens to forte. We can't get pressure by just rushing 4 on the road.

Top Bottom