• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Andrew Suck?

Reaction score
1st overall pick?? As much I love my Ducks, they would rank about 50th in the NFL and this guy is suppose to be a savior in the NFL. Overhyped imo. I think Barkley make a better NFL QB.

Luck even had a great run game, and still couldn't get it done.

Weak shit!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Btw, getting my drink on in Yakima with the inlaws. Bunch of Husky and Coug fans lol. Been rubbing it in all night!!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Oh and wheres Ida??! Want to personally thank him for helping our chances towards the BCS Natty!!

Joseph Joncich

Huddler
Reaction score
Last time I checked, Andrew Luck didn't play defense. That pick-six wasn't his fault either.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Jj, come on man... all duck hate aside.... can you confidently say you'd want this guy running your franchise??!

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game and I haven't seen the highlights, but look at the DBs Oregon has produced lately.. Especially Jarius Byrd and Pat Chung.

Joseph Joncich

Huddler
Reaction score
@ #ONE - Why not. He's got a good head on his shoulders, is grounded and is a heck of a QB. Either Luck or Barkley should excel as an NFL QB. It's all a crapshoot these days anyways. Just look at the Seahawks QB draft history over the last 35 years. We could do worse and have.

@bobflipaburger - love the profile pic

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah, we've historically produced good DBs. Last night, we had 2 true freshmen starting at Corner. They played well, but for a guy that is suppose to step in and carve up NFL defenses, he couldn't do it against 2 college freshmen.

I don't think he's a bad QB, but I think he's overhyped.

I honestly think Barkley will be a better NFL QB. We'll see....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think this really showed anything about Luck or his future in the NFL. It showed what I personally thought about the Pac-12 all season long. Oregon, as much as it pains me to say, is the best and Stanford is number two.

As for being over hyped, I think anyone receiving this much hype is over hyped.

Reaction score
Yeah, the hype is ridiculous. He's not an NFL QB, he's still a college QB. They make it seem like you can throw him right into the middle of the playoff hunt right now and he'll do just fine. I think even a QB prospect as good as Luck is will take a season to really start succeeding in NFL. People will probably look at Dalton but I think his success can largely be contributed to having a good team around him. Then there's Newton this year, he has two good running backs but his defense is beat up. I think he's mostly responsible for his own success this year, which is crazy... I mean I kind of flip floped on him for a while (thought he would suck, didn't want us to draft him>thought he could be good, wouldn't have minded if we took him>thought he would suck again after seeing the gruden QB camp thing) but I NEVER thought he'd have this kind of immediate success.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
When Luck had to go to a one dimensional game, he sucked. The Ducks shut down Stanfords running game which has been their money so far in the season. Luck did nothing but over throw recievers, putting them in harms way, or throw into dangerous coverage. I'll be the first to admit I've been on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon, but last nights game (In Cali!) was a surprise. I'm a Duck fan through, and through, but I really thought Stanford was going to bring it. Hell, the Dogs put up a better fight. And this with a killer OL (acording to the so called experts). I still think the guy can play but I have to admit this isn't the Seahawk savior I thought he was going to be.. (if we had the draft #). Now what to do for the Draft as far as QB. Take the chance he'll improve without a running game, or go elswhere? To be honest, I think our OL is improveing, but not to the point we'll have the running game we all want next year. Better, but not enough to keep a good Defence humble. Without that, unless Luck learns to throw under pressure, he may be the guy, but not what I expected by any means after that game last night. Just my two cents.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
28, agree with most of what you said. We didn't "shut down" their run. They actually ran the ball pretty well. They just went to the pass after they fell behind and Luck stunk it up.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Absafrikkinglurly #1 As soon as Luck had to throw, that was the begining of the end. NO our Ducks didn't completely shut down their run game, but it made them have to throw. Stanford doesn't have crap for recievers that are healthy, and it showed Lucks weakness. I said in another thread, I really wonder if he is Seattles answer at QB. I follow the Ducks, and will admit I don't really know who's out there come Draft day at QB? maybe those on the Board can enlighten me.

Reaction score
Luck had one bad game, the Ducks are the better team... I mean their only loss is to LSU. I think people are making more out of this than they should. Luck is still the best QB prospect in the draft. Then Jones, then Barkley, then there's a big drop off to guys like Griffen.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Dude Ducks are the best in the Pac because of their offense, not because of their defense. They're defense isn't the worst, but it is nowhere near the best.

Bob, don't forget TJ Ward, and Walter Thurmond....

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks Bob for the heads up. If that where a bad game against a better team( ;)) I'll stay on the bandwagon. IF we can land this guy, a big IF with our record albeit not to impressive, but isn't going to give us the number 1 pick. I'll buy you a beer. Maybe we can trade up, who knows. If anybody is paying attention outside of this board, they damn sure don't want us getting an NFL ready QB! If we do have to trade up, it's going to cost us a kings ransum. I'd hate to see anybody go right now except a Vet., or two, and maybe a second round pick if ya'all have that much faith in him. Personnaly, I'd love to see the guy come in, and raise hell. Our two QB's are second sting (well, at least T-Jack) at best.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
We should still get a top 10 pick... we won't win more than 6 games this year. Depending on who's picking ahead of us, we will have to trade up to get a good QB. I want Barkley over Luck... call me crazy. If not Barkley, then I definitely want Kellen Moore!!! He will be the franchises' savior!!

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
jesus dude i cant believe what i just read...first barkley over luck, i mean barkley could be a pretty good qb(definitely better than the dirty sanchez at least)but no way he will be better than luck...and then kellen moore plz. hes a poor mans matt leinart. all he has is that hes been on a good offense playing shitty teams his career. i give it 70% he wont even get drafted

Reaction score
I've watched Barkley a few times this year, I'm not sure what it is about the way he plays... But I've started disliking him more and more every time I watch him play.

Top Bottom