• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Adversity and the lessons learned has shaped this team...

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Receiving Rec Yds Avg TDs
Golden Tate 41 574 14 4
Doug Baldwin 34 523 15.4 2
Jermaine Kearse 13 246 18.9 4
Sidney Rice 15 231 15.4 3

With Rice out of the lineup just two weeks we can see that his total yards are easily surpassed by Kearse with ease. I’m not happy Rice is injured by any stretch, because he did allow those other receivers to get open drawing the extra coverage. But the fact was that Rice wasn't putting up true #1 WR numbers. His absence has allowed the other receivers to step up their game by taking full advantage of their opportunities. And you have to admit, they truly have stepped it up.

These guys aren't just making catches, they're putting on a highlight clinic on Sunday's. And Golden Tate is pure gold...I already knew he was a gem, but he's stepped up his game big time. I've never seen a more laser focused player at WR.

The receiving lineup we have now is very very good and if we can get a true speedster back in the lineup, that very good lineup will turn into a scary good set of receivers. I think they are just barely scratching the surface of what Russ and company can do on the field. My opinion is that they're the number one set of receivers in the NFL right now. Not for tons of numbers, but just in shear receiving talent.

Keep in mind that we are rarely using the QB option anymore. We used it more last season and in the start of this season to some degree. But that option is still there to be utilized when Russ needs to pop one. That makes this offense very dangerous. With Lynch pounding the ball that allows us to fully exploit the option when they least expect it.

I’d say these guys haven’t even hit 3/4 of their full stride yet as a team.

The timing of the earlier key injuries and the close wins this season have help solidify and create an even stronger dynamic team. We know how to adapt and win. We know how to overcome being way behind and we also know how to work with what we have on the field game day. You can't teach that, you can't plan that and you sure as hell can't expect that on just ANY team. But we've been doing it week after week.

See what happened to the 49ers Sunday? That was a byproduct of only having key personnel as part of the overall offensive strategy. We've learned to just play with who's out there. You can't teach that at halftime.

I'd even go so far as to say that one loss to the Colts was a blessing, because it humbled us, it took the undefeated monkey off our back and allows us to focus on one game a week. I full expect to beat the 49ers at home and to handle the Saints at the Clink. The Ram's look to be firing on all cylinders lately, but if we have our starting OLine back, our next meeting will be much different AND our current line has improved since that first game.

Sure, I'm a homer and of course I'm going to always pick the Seahawks. But the fact remains that in order to make it to the show you need all the intangibles that we've been forced to learn over the course of the last two seasons. Its a recipe for achieving greatness. It's an education that's usually learned in losses...yet we've done this while winning. That usually doesn't happen.

It's all coming together nicely. Now is the time for the Seahawks to show the NFL just what we learned.

Hawks for life...

:)

Idahawk

Reaction score
Nicely done !

In the immortal words of the great poet Marshawn Lynch .

" We can take this shit to the Super Bowl "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with you Bleed. Now for crying out loud is the time for them to really start punching teams in the mouth, especially when they get the O-line back together and Harvin gets acclimated to the WR corps.
This team can be a juggernaut of epic proportions. If you got a team like that as well as having that resiliency to still beat anybody when it's not going their way, then it becomes near impossible to beat them. New Orleans is wicked good scoring the rock and can get it done on defense, Carolina is as good as it gets on defense and there's no counting out the Niners.
The Hawks can beat them all if/when they hit that higher gear and the game in Atlanta was a good sign. Sorry to get you down with the negative stuff but I'm only sounding off because I know this team is much better than what they've been showing.
They've shown in earlier games this year that they can win no matter how much the chips are down. In the Atlanta game they showed that they can play pretty much lights out even with the injuries. When they get healthy, well, I can't wait to see them play when that happens.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I agree with you Bleed. Now for crying out loud is the time for them to really start punching teams in the mouth, especially when they get the O-line back together and Harvin gets acclimated to the WR corps.
This team can be a juggernaut of epic proportions. If you got a team like that as well as having that resiliency to still beat anybody when it's not going their way, then it becomes near impossible to beat them. New Orleans is wicked good scoring the rock and can get it done on defense, Carolina is as good as it gets on defense and there's no counting out the Niners.
The Hawks can beat them all if/when they hit that higher gear and the game in Atlanta was a good sign. Sorry to get you down with the negative stuff but I'm only sounding off because I know this team is much better than what they've been showing.
They've shown in earlier games this year that they can win no matter how much the chips are down. In the Atlanta game they showed that they can play pretty much lights out even with the injuries. When they get healthy, well, I can't wait to see them play when that happens.

I agree. We need to pound teams now. We should be able to put up decent numbers all while or defense holds teams or even starts scoring for us. We were a couple defensive drops and defensive penalties away from completely humiliating and crushing the Falcons even worse.

If the defense can do what they've done week after week we should be able to gas their defense with long sustained drives. I want to really see some dominating play before the bye weeks and then come back full strength.

We're good enough to win the show and I wouldn't say we NEED home field throughout to do it...but I'll take that shit in a heart beat. ;) They have the swagger, now they need that hardware.

I know where you're coming from and we've got the same end game in mind. Standing tall hoisting the Lombardi.

Hawks for life!

Top Bottom