• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2014 NFL Draft Thread

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm for any weapon on offense , if we can put 30 points a game up with that defense , there's nobody to hang with us .
I don't think defensively there much to add anyway ? Like PC said last year it's going to be tough for anyone to make this roster .

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
If Marqise Lee is still on the board at 32, do you want him?

I'm a bag fan. Watched him torch my Ducks many times. Dude is a consistent play maker.

A lot of people have him going to Philly. He'd be a good fit for their offense and would fill the void left by Jackson.

I wouldn't mind takin him at 32. I just want Brandin Cooks soooooo bad. I'm hoping by some miracle he will fall to 32. i doubt it, but still.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind takin him at 32. I just want Brandin Cooks soooooo bad. I'm hoping by some miracle he will fall to 32. i doubt it, but still.
Wouldn't shock me if Cooks was there. There are a lot of first-round talent receivers this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Cooks, Lee or Benjamin still available at 32.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me if Cooks was there. There are a lot of first-round talent receivers this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Cooks, Lee or Benjamin still available at 32.
If cooks is there at 32 its a no brainer. Cooks, percy, baldwin, and kearse would be a nice wr corps.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't forget Sidney and that new kid out of the CFL. One of those two bigger guys have got to stick.
i completely forgot we resigned sidney. I see him beating out the cfl guy based on familiarity with the offense. whats his name, Matthews? He would have to do big things in training camp to beat out sidney. Thats where the whole "Always Compete" thing comes in i suppose. But i think Matthews is already at a disadvantage. The locks i have for us at WR would have to be Percy, Doug, Kearse, Sidney, and an early round draft pick at WR. There may be one spot left to earn between Matthews, Lockette, Bates, and Maybe a late round or UDFA WR.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I would be lying if I told you I didn't want Benjamin, you can't teach 6'5.

You can't teach 4.4 speed neither. As far as measurables go, would you take 6-5 with 4.6 speed or 6-3 with 4.4 speed? I'm referring to Latimer, Martavis Bryant and Jordan Matthews, any one of which could still be there at 32. KB also has a rep for a bad motor and drops. But you're right. You can't teach 6-5. If the Hawks went with KB I could live with that.

Best case scenario to me is if Davante Adams falls to the 2nd round and they can snag him. He might be the Keenan Allen of this year's draft. That way they can get a solid WR prospect without having to use their first round pick on him.

Last edited:
OP
#ONE
Reaction score
i completely forgot we resigned sidney. I see him beating out the cfl guy based on familiarity with the offense. whats his name, Matthews? He would have to do big things in training camp to beat out sidney. Thats where the whole "Always Compete" thing comes in i suppose. But i think Matthews is already at a disadvantage. The locks i have for us at WR would have to be Percy, Doug, Kearse, Sidney, and an early round draft pick at WR. There may be one spot left to earn between Matthews, Lockette, Bates, and Maybe a late round or UDFA WR.

I think Lockette makes the team purely off of his contributions on special teams. He emerged as one of the best gunners in the game towards the later part of the season. The combination of him and Lane may be one of the best in the game.

The big IF with Sidney is his health. He's had a well documented injury history and he's coming off ACL surgery. I don't have enough on the CFL kid to make any kind of prediction. He did win ROY and I've heard some high praise. Perhaps he bulks up an plays that WR/TE hybrid ala "I'm Jimmy!" Graham. Perhaps he shines on special teams. We shall see. I know one thing, If the Seahawks end up drafting a big WR with their first round pick, Sidney and the CFL kid should be very concerned.

Idahawk

Reaction score
So far all the high picks are going to the AFC ...except for the man mountain the Rams snagged , he doesn't look like Manziel , lol ....

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I'm just glad Sammy Watkins isn't coming to the division.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Nice pick Lambies...was that the shortest DT in the draft or just the widest?

LOL

Top Bottom