• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2009 Season predictions?

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay, let's see what everyone thinks...Figure we can start it before preseason and then you'll have up to the week before the regular season to make changes.
Say what you THINK we'll do, rather than what you WANT. (Otherwise we would all say 16-0!)

I see four to six games we could easily lose depending on which teams show up and the injury situation. Some will depend on whether AZ succumbs to the stereotype or not. I'd LOVE to see us sweep them but we could split.

Hoping for 11-5 but could see 9-7. So I'll split the diff, 10-6.

Anyone else?

Granderson28

Huddler
Reaction score
I haven't done my predictions for this year yet, but each day i get more optimistic about the season. so I would have to say 9-7 as of right now.

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
I see alot of things wrong with this team, and at the same time I see alot of the good things that came from the offseason. Our secondary and running-game is rape-city. I also see a much easier schedule. We play terrible on the east coast, at at 10am. Well, our trips this year don't reach the east coast, so that alone is a major plus. Having everyone healthy will be an upgrade over last season. Let's break down the schedule:

Here are some games I think we have no business losing, just because of how mis-managed the other teams are:

Rams @ Seahawks
49ers @ Seahawks
Seahawks @ Rams
Seahawks @ 49ers
Lions @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Seahawks
Buccaneers @ Seahawks

There are three more home games:

Titans @ Seahawks
Bears @ Seahawks
Cardinals @ Seahawks

I like us to win the Bears game, just because of how early it is with Cutler being so new. Their D has softened up alot more than most people realize as well. The Cardinals are still tough and until someone hurts Kurt, I don't think our secondary can do jack to stop him. The Titans game could be a win, but who knows if we or the Titans will be playing for anything.

Now here's where we really get into trouble. The road games. It might be our airline company, but we never seem to fully be awake or something.

Seahawks @ Vikings
Seahawks @ Packers
Seahawks @ Colts
Seahawks @ Texans
Seahawks @ Cowboys

I know the Cowboys are nothing to fear, but we really shit the bed there last year. In fact it was our worst loss. Anyways, we'd be lucky to win one of these games if we play like we have in recent years. I think that game will be the Vikings, since we always get beaten through the air, and Vikings and air is an oxi-moron. The Texans are a whole new ballgame since we played them last. They have some beasts in their front 7 (Ryans, Okoye, Mario) and Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton on offense. They are the darkhorse team this year. We can keep it close in Indy, just because of how thin they've gotten at WR. You just gotta stop Wayne and put Aaron Curry on Dallas Clark. We can keep that one close but it's still the pesky Colts, and they'll edge us out by a field goal.

For now I'm being a little more conservative and saying 8-8, but that could all change if we come to our sense and use Forsett more at RB, the OL plays like it's capable, and the secondary steps it up. This team has to show me something before I invest all my emotions in them like I've done in the past. It makes me feel better to under-estimate and be wrong than to over-estimate and be wrong. I'm still excited to see us make another playoff push and hopefully be in contention and knock off the Titans at home.

Reaction score
BCheezy59 said:
I see alot of things wrong with this team, and at the same time I see alot of the good things that came from the offseason. Our secondary and running-game is rape-city. I also see a much easier schedule. We play terrible on the east coast, at at 10am. Well, our trips this year don't reach the east coast, so that alone is a major plus. Having everyone healthy will be an upgrade over last season. Let's break down the schedule:

Here are some games I think we have no business losing, just because of how mis-managed the other teams are:

Rams @ Seahawks
49ers @ Seahawks
Seahawks @ Rams
Seahawks @ 49ers
Lions @ Seahawks
Jaguars @ Seahawks
Buccaneers @ Seahawks

There are three more home games:

Titans @ Seahawks
Bears @ Seahawks
Cardinals @ Seahawks

I like us to win the Bears game, just because of how early it is with Cutler being so new. Their D has softened up alot more than most people realize as well. The Cardinals are still tough and until someone hurts Kurt, I don't think our secondary can do jack to stop him. The Titans game could be a win, but who knows if we or the Titans will be playing for anything.

Now here's where we really get into trouble. The road games. It might be our airline company, but we never seem to fully be awake or something.

Seahawks @ Vikings
Seahawks @ Packers
Seahawks @ Colts
Seahawks @ Texans
Seahawks @ Cowboys

I know the Cowboys are nothing to fear, but we really shit the bed there last year. In fact it was our worst loss. Anyways, we'd be lucky to win one of these games if we play like we have in recent years. I think that game will be the Vikings, since we always get beaten through the air, and Vikings and air is an oxi-moron. The Texans are a whole new ballgame since we played them last. They have some beasts in their front 7 (Ryans, Okoye, Mario) and Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton on offense. They are the darkhorse team this year. We can keep it close in Indy, just because of how thin they've gotten at WR. You just gotta stop Wayne and put Aaron Curry on Dallas Clark. We can keep that one close but it's still the pesky Colts, and they'll edge us out by a field goal.

For now I'm being a little more conservative and saying 8-8, but that could all change if we come to our sense and use Forsett more at RB, the OL plays like it's capable, and the secondary steps it up. This team has to show me something before I invest all my emotions in them like I've done in the past. It makes me feel better to under-estimate and be wrong than to over-estimate and be wrong. I'm still excited to see us make another playoff push and hopefully be in contention and knock off the Titans at home.

I think the Jaguars will be a lot better next year, they had some serious including what happened to Coullier... Poor dude... And with how good our defense is looking I don't think there are ANY games on the schedule you can just look at and immediately say "Oh well there's no way we're going to win that game" I'm not saying we're going 16-0 or anything, but i do think that having a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense is very possible and if that's the case we will be a playoff team for sure... But like I said I'm not making any predictions, so I'm not saying that's GOING to happen. I think it can and I hope it will.

Reaction score
Haha I think it's funny how most of us are weary of making any predictions this year due to what happened last year.

And I am in the same boat. Last year was the first time I made a prediction of how many wins we would have. I did it with a couple of guys at work. We wrote on a piece of paper how we thought we would do each week, and I picked us to get at least 11 wins. One guy said 8 - 8 at best because Matt would end up getting hurt, and I said he was "crazy". Well, he wasn't and we got royally butt f*cked!

So I am never going to make predictions, I am fine with being under rated and under the rader like we have been in the past!

ps: got Madden 10 last night. Sicker than shit! Stayed up way to late playing it even though I had to be at work at 5am this morning! Loved it though, they have the Hawks 80's throwback unis and they are awesome.

Only thing I am pissed about is they got rid of the training mode for franchise... fucking sucks cause now you can't train your players and improve their ratings.

Reaction score
I hope to see K Orten tearing it up like last night and us getting a top 3 pick next year

thank you Denver! Keep Orten in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't aware of this board last year so I made no such predictions....and I'm not really superstitious because it doesn't make any logical sense how my little measly prediction could seriously hex a professional football organization. Anyways, we're not Superbowl ready, not yet at least, I'd be alright with 9-7, playoff appearance...and I'd be ecstatic with getting out of the first round. So I'm calling it...
9-7

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
#ONE said:
they have the Hawks 80's throwback unis and they are awesome.

They had those last year too.

How do you access them?

In 10 - franchise mode it lets you select right before your game. When I played franchise in 09 it just chose to uni for you, usually home and away respectively.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
bobflipaburger said:
[quote="#ONE":3r54iuiv]they have the Hawks 80's throwback unis and they are awesome.

They had those last year too.

How do you access them?

In 10 - franchise mode it lets you select right before your game. When I played franchise in 09 it just chose to uni for you, usually home and away respectively.[/quote:3r54iuiv]

before the game starts from the team select screen go to advanced options (on the 360 I think you hit X to do that) and from there you can change playbooks and jerseys.

Top Bottom