• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Would You Draft a Bust Knowing...

Drafting Busts & Franchise Players

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Would you draft a bust knowing that in the same draft you would also draft a franchise mainstay? So in the Seahawks' instance, would you draft a Dan McGwire knowing that you would also draft a Walter Jones?

I guess what I am getting at is, do you feel it is better to play a high risk/high reward draft (poll option Yes)? Or a play it safe draft (poll option No)?

S

Seattlehawk94

We've done it before recently..

In 2000 we took McInbust but also got Shauna in the same 1st Round..

In 2001 we took Kornrows Robinson but got Hutch later in the same 1st Round..

Would I take that again....In a heartbeat!

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay, let's modify this question slightly.

Looking ahead to the 2011 season, we all know what we want. In big bold letters, JAKE LOCKER. However, in order to get Mr. Locker one must have one of the top two or three picks, which lead to this question.

Would you sacrifice a season in order to secure what could be a franchise quarterback for years and years to come?

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
I wouldn't blow a season on purpose for any reason. But i believe that there is a chance that could happen this year and my feelings would not be hurt in the slightest if we got Jake next year!!! As for the original pole q I would draft a bust for a franchise guy in a heartbeat. Especially a qb!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk30;45470 said:
I wouldn't blow a season on purpose for any reason. But i believe that there is a chance that could happen this year and my feelings would not be hurt in the slightest if we got Jake next year!!! As for the original pole q I would draft a bust for a franchise guy in a heartbeat. Especially a qb!

I dont like the idea of blowing a season. There are other ways of getting the 1st or second pick in the draft. If they want Locker that bad they should package together a huge trade offer to whoever has the 1st pick in the draft next year. If we dont have the personnel then sign depth this year for trade bait next year.

Top Bottom