• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wilson impressive

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think we all need to see how Wilson does in the starting role. I figured with his size he wasn't a realistic option but that pass to Tuinei changed my mind. The guy has heart, something I'm not seeing much of in Flynn. I still doubt he can perform like that against starters. If the defenses he's been facing were just a little faster he'd be getting sacked a lot more.

It was good to see Flynn throw an accurate deep ball. Too bad TO was wearing baby oil, slippery pig.

It with also good to see the oline doing well and McCoy.

If I was a Denver fan I'd be real worried about depth.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
He has been treating the opposing sides 2nd and 3rd stringers like complete tossers so far. I think we need to see him perform against starters at some point. Impressive is an understatement for what we have seen so far.

Reaction score
I might consider giiving Wilson the first quarter next week. Then Flynn can take the 2nd and some of the 3rd.

Reaction score
It would be a good thing to see, just to take a look.. but not much else, at some point, the Seahawks need to display faith in Flynn as the starter and commit to the start of the season.

HAWK

Huddler
Reaction score
I think we all need to see how Wilson does in the starting role. I figured with his size he wasn't a realistic option but that pass to Tuinei changed my mind. The guy has heart, something I'm not seeing much of in Flynn. I still doubt he can perform like that against starters. If the defenses he's been facing were just a little faster he'd be getting sacked a lot more.

It was good to see Flynn throw an accurate deep ball. Too bad TO was wearing baby oil, slippery pig.

Do you think Flynn would show more heart if he was more affirmed? How do you do when you are doubted, and constantly have to prove yourself to someone else? Would you do better if the other person actually affirmed you?

HAWK

Huddler
Reaction score
He has been treating the opposing sides 2nd and 3rd stringers like complete tossers so far. I think we need to see him perform against starters at some point. Impressive is an understatement for what we have seen so far.

It would be interesting to see this. However, he has not earned this in practice.

HAWK

Huddler
Reaction score

I don't think we need to see Wilson in the starting role. The reality is, he would be scrambling for his life all day long. Give Flynn Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Kellen Winslow, and Zach Miller and we'll be fine. The rest of our wide receivers would be good in the arena league. Unfortunately, Carroll and Schneider waited until training camp to address this problem. Now, it is too late.

HAWK

Huddler
Reaction score
I might consider giiving Wilson the first quarter next week. Then Flynn can take the 2nd and some of the 3rd.

This would be a terrible decision. It would drag out the competition process and make our offense even more out of sync. Unforutunately, this is where Carroll has placed himself by not declaring Flynn to be the starter a long time ago, and coming into the Denver game with a laughable/predictable game plan: get the ball to Terrell Owens! What a great way to set up your offense for failure! Try and get the ball to one person! Even if the defense knows it! Just keep trying! It will work, eventually! What if you put the ball right in his hands? It still might not work.

Here's a question for you: Would you still want to see Wilson if TO caught the 40 yard TD pass?

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I think that we need to see how Wilson does against the starters, We travel into KC next week, and need to see him against first string, I like his ability to keep the play going, and even when he runs he is always looking down field, he doesn't depend on his run he just knows it is there if he needs it.. GO HAWKS LOOKING GOOD BABY !

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
This would be a terrible decision. It would drag out the competition process and make our offense even more out of sync. Unforutunately, this is where Carroll has placed himself by not declaring Flynn to be the starter a long time ago, and coming into the Denver game with a laughable/predictable game plan: get the ball to Terrell Owens! What a great way to set up your offense for failure! Try and get the ball to one person! Even if the defense knows it! Just keep trying! It will work, eventually! What if you put the ball right in his hands? It still might not work.

Here's a question for you: Would you still want to see Wilson if TO caught the 40 yard TD pass?

Yes I would. That was a perfect pass and I give credit to Flynn for a TD there.

I totally agree with what you are saying about sync and I figure this season will be just that, syncing up the offensive timing.

I can see your point, if Wilson starts one and kicks ass it could create disention in the locker room, especially if Flynn is named the starter anyway. There is already going to be a lot of conspiracy. If Flynn struggles it probibly won't take long for the "Wilson" chants to start.

On the other hand if Wilson has a hard time against starters it would make the choice real clear and put the conspiracy to rest.

Either way, at least we know we have a capable BU.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I really don't think now is the time for TO and Edwards. They bring false hope and take up a roster spot of players who have a future. A good example imo is Tuinei. He is a good looking rookie WR who will probibly be cut because these guys are on the team.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
True True.. I think the big problem is from a Fan's standpoint.. We see Wilson numbers are better and more points getting on the board.. However it is against 2nd and 3rd string players.. But Wilson is also playing with 2nd and 3rd string players... I think Flynn made a perfect pass to TO in the endzone and YES TO should have caught that.. I just want to see Wilson play against starters to see what he can do and see how the offense reacts to him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont think any good result could come from Russell starting next game.
If he plays well, then you are faced with a tough decision. Flynn has played well in starting but hasnt been lights out. Do you really want to start a rookie game one vs. Az over Flynn? It is way easier to switch from flynn to wilson, due to injury or poor performance then it is to Wilson to Flynn. Wilson has not seperated himself in the competition or games as the clear cut starter, so announce Flynn as the starter, and starting building that confidence up to Game #1.

Braylon is 28 (?) and TO is 39, the oldest WR in the league. Braylon has PLENTY of good years ahead of him, you can still build around him. TO, this is it.

Reaction score
If this truly is a competition, I would consider that. I don't see how you can call it a competiition and not give Wilson any first team snaps. That being said, I agree. Start Flynn, let Wilson study under him for a year or two.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I think Coach has a tough call on his hands, who knows whats gonna happen, they might be that impressed that they want to see more, and not announce a starter yet. My guess is though, that Flynn will be named tomorrow.

Reaction score
Slow’er down fellers….

Russell looked sensational, again, against the back-ups backs-ups and camp bodies…. Now I am not completely discrediting what he has done, just trying to put things into perspective. I’m as excited about this kids potential as everyone else. I think we may have found us a gem here. I’ve heard several analysts comparing his style of play to Drew Brees. Now, I’m sure a lot of that has to do with the shorter stature, but they’ve said he moves similar to Brees in the pocket and has really good downfield vision and accuracy. I am a little concerned about how he throws his deep ball though. Maybe it’s just me and I’m nit picking, but it looks like he has way too high of a release on the deep ball and almost chucks it up like a hail marry. Looks more like a punt than a deep throw to me. A type of floater many *starting safeties in the league would pick off. With that being said, I still think Matt Flynn is more “ready” to lead this team than Russell.

Flynn didn’t have a super-duper outing on Saturday, but it was clear that the game plan was “feed the ball to TO”. It looked like they were way off from the start. Flynn is all about timing and anticipation. He and TO were not on the same page. At least two of TOs routes were run incorrectly, and on the 3rd Flynn was expecting him to break his route earlier. The deep throw on the right side line was a back shoulder pass and TO just keep running into the stands. And of course there was the perfectly thrown TD pass that he dropped. Flynn couldn’t have thrown a better ball (I no longer have questions about his arm strength btw. He threw the deep ball well). Matt didn’t have as much time on the field either, and when he did, it seemed like Giacomini was getting fouled for being a dumb ass! Someone needs to talk some sense into that guy, because penalties like that are going to be killer in the regular season. Several drives were stalled either because of his stupidity or holding calls. Not cool. Plus, I haven’t seen the stats, but I’m pretty sure there were more run plays called in the first half than the second.

I think the coaches have their minds made up already anyways. If Pete really wanted to see how Russell does with the starters he would’ve started him last week. I expect them to start Matt this week, and he should play well into the 3rd. It’s all about the offense gelling now, and getting into rhythm before the regular season starts. Like many others, I truly believe this was the plan all along. They wanted Matt to be the starter. That’s why they signed him. They didn’t want to just hand the team over to him because they are all about “competition”. So Pete put on this competition circus knowing that Flynn would beat out Jackson. They also wanted to see what they have in Wilson and I think they are comfortable going into the season with Flynn as the starter and Wilson as a willing and able back-up with huge upside and potential to be a future franchise QB. Now it sounds like Jackson is willing to restructure his contract to help facilitate a trade. Pete and John should come out of this looking like geniuses and maybe, just maybe little Russell Wilson may get us to the promised land in a few years.

So enough Flynn vs. Wilson bullshit. GO HAWKS!!!

Reaction score
If this truly is a competition, I would consider that. I don't see how you can call it a competiition and not give Wilson any first team snaps. That being said, I agree. Start Flynn, let Wilson study under him for a year or two.

Did you truly believe this was a "competition"?? It never was. Just a formality.

Reaction score
On a lighter note, the Broncos second unit offense/defense looked putrid! I don't know if our back-ups are just that good or theirs are really bad. Either way, if Manning goes down, I think the Donkies will be lucky enough to win a game with Ole' "Osweiler the Giant" back under center.

Top Bottom