• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Willis re-signed

Reaction score
Ray Willis has signed a two-year deal with Seattle today. He previously had visted Washington and Oakland, but was expected to draw more interest. He had started 10 games last year after injuries to the line. Seattle was hoping to re-sign him, but was unsure about the cost.

Schefter had him as a break-out Offensive Lineman free-agent in the begining of free-agency.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Wag-
Maybe, but Willis knows our system and we know what he brings to the table. Good signing here keeping the line intact.

Reaction score
I like this signing, he gets the job done, and like Hawk096 said, he doesn't need to break into our system.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Good deal! this guy is a great big body on the line, with a forte for pass block if i remeber.
What are our weak points now? I think we are set to pick the best player at #4 in the draft.

Reaction score
Wait, I'm confused. Does this mean that in the draft OL is not an option?
But on a serious note, what are opinions about Womack? I personally think that if the price is right they should keep him just on an experience standpoint and as a good team guy. If he wants any real money they should let him go due to fragility.

Reaction score
szat said:
Good deal! this guy is a great big body on the line, with a forte for pass block if i remeber.
What are our weak points now? I think we are set to pick the best player at #4 in the draft.
LT - Jones/Williams
LG - Whale/Wrotto
C - Spencer
RG - Sims/Vallos
RT - Willis/Locklear

And they have a 4 or 5 other Tackles/Guards/Centers that have been with the system. If we get Womack back we will have all the positions filled (Vallos to Center).

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Good sign, great to keep a vet and someone who knows the system in seattle! Let's keep Hasselbeck off his back

Reaction score
I thought I read we were going to go with zone blocking this year THAT is a different system is it not :?

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Wag-
Maybe, but Willis knows our system and we know what he brings to the table. Good signing here keeping the line intact.

can't be that hard for a olineman to figure it out. Plus this team needs a lineman with a little nasty side to him.

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Wait, I'm confused. Does this mean that in the draft OL is not an option?
But on a serious note, what are opinions about Womack? I personally think that if the price is right they should keep him just on an experience standpoint and as a good team guy. If he wants any real money they should let him go due to fragility.

Well the fact the terms of the deal were not disclosed and that willis turned down an offer to be a starting LT for the redskins could mean something and or someone is going bye bye ..I can't see not disclosing what we paid unless somebody would get pissed...Why would Willis turn down a starting job to come back and play a role with the hawks.... :?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I keep hearing willis & vet in the same message. Hes only a 4 year guy right? Was he in the armed forces?

Anyways,
SeahawkWag said:
I thought I read we were going to go with zone blocking this year THAT is a different system is it not :?

Under Solari last year was also zone blocking and very effective I thought.

As far as willis goes, I think we saw him at guard too, could be wrong.
But... its not unheard of to play tackles at the guard position.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I believe Willis is Walters replacement when that time come's. I think we gave him a fat contract and that he will play...either platooning with walter or will take the guard position next to walter .. When walt retires Willis will be the starter at LT.....so it appears that o-line is not an option :)

Top Bottom