• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will Bradshaw ever respect the Seahawks ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
e2y9yzy5.jpg

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Damn, they all picked the Niners? Lol. Talking smack is one thing, but I never would have bet money on us to win that game.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It's the market we are in way up on the West Coast. Even bad teams in big markets like NY get more air time and more respect.

If you want National respect you win a Superbowl and stay competitive. The Seahawks have slowly raised themselves up to an elite level since Paul Allen bought the team. I kind of liked it when I was one of the 20,000 at the Kingdome in the 90's. :) But I will admit, winning is much better for my nerves. ;)

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
It's the market we are in way up on the West Coast. Even bad teams in big markets like NY get more air time and more respect.

If you want National respect you win a Superbowl and stay competitive. The Seahawks have slowly raised themselves up to an elite level since Paul Allen bought the team. I kind of liked it when I was one of the 20,000 at the Kingdome in the 90's. :) But I will admit, winning is much better for my nerves. ;)

The Niners are a huge market. However, in 2011 and even into 2012 there was an endless stream of complaints about getting no respect from the media.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The Niners are a huge market. However, in 2011 and even into 2012 there was an endless stream of complaints about getting no respect from the media.

They don't go so far as to insult the City of SF. Bradshaw called Seattle "South Alaska". Then thre is the endless rain jokes. I mean it's just old.

The 49ers fell off the radar for a while so that kind of gave them an excuse to not respect the recent success.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
They don't go so far as to insult the City of SF. Bradshaw called Seattle "South Alaska". Then thre is the endless rain jokes. I mean it's just old.

The 49ers fell off the radar for a while so that kind of gave them an excuse to not respect the recent success.
Ah, I didn't know it went that far. Over at the Niners Board, the complaints were all "East Coast Bias."

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't know it went that far. Over at the Niners Board, the complaints were all "East Coast Bias."

There is an East Coast bias. I believe that.

What do you think about the new stadium? I use to live in San Jose, so I know right where they are building it.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
There is an East Coast bias. I believe that.

What do you think about the new stadium? I use to live in San Jose, so I know right where they are building it.
I am torn. It looks nice, but I really hate to see them leave the City. I always thought they should have done a remodel on the Stick, like the Bears did with Soldier Field.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
They should move it to millpitas, that way when the 49ers start sucking again, you just go north to colisem.

No Im sorry that was wrong, I shouldnt have said that...

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
They should move it to millpitas, that way when the 49ers start sucking again, you just go north to colisem.

No Im sorry that was wrong, I shouldnt have said that...

That's ok. Don't worry about it. By the way............................

Niner's Lombardi Trophy Case:

trophies.jpg

Seahawks Lombardi Trophy Case:

6fpugwh.jpg

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

What? Don't you miss the awesome drinking games back in the day, like pounding a beer every time Krieg lost the ball during his wind up. If it wasn't for Largent and Cortez. 8-8 was the norm and always kept us hopeful year after year.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
However, in 2011 and even into 2012 there was an endless stream of complaints about getting no respect from the media.
That kinda goes counter to the snobby Niner fans out there who are always saying 'give it up Seahawk fans, nobody cares about your team, your team is irrelevant, they've never won anything and they never will.'
In reality nobody really cares about the Niners neither unless they are really good, which they currently are. But when they fall in the standings, they fall off the map just like the Seahawks do. Maybe to a slightly lesser extent probably because the Niners have the history but it's still the same deal. It applies to all teams in all sports located west of the Mississippi with a few exceptions, mainly the LA teams and the Cowboys. I still remember when Marshall Faulk was criticizing the Cowboys saying they "played down" to the Seahawks when they were taken to the woodshed here last year.

Reaction score
Whining about not getting any respect won't get you any respect. The Seahawks have for the most part been a dismal franchise. We haven't done much to deserve "respect". This is all changing now. Carroll and this Seahawks will step on your throat and stab you in the heart until you bleed out respect. Go Hawks!!!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
We haven't done much to deserve "respect".
That's true. Respect from most of the people who call themselves fans wouldn't mean much anyway. They are the bandwagon jumpers on the one hand while on the other reciting the history of this franchise as their reason for trashing on them. They don't care about history one way or another. Those same people will be wearing their Russell Wilson jerseys after the coming Super Bowl win as "lifetime Seahawk fans." Then when some other team knocks them off, like say the Cleveland Browns, their lifetime of being a Seahawks fan as well as their Russell Wilson jersey that they've thrown into the trash bin are soon forgotten and then they become "lifetime Cleveland Brown fans." What the hell do they know or care about history?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Remember In 2005 after we kicked the dog shit out of the Panthers , Bradshaw during the NFC championship trophy presentation at mid field had to add to the celebration with " you'll never beat my steelers " I remember thinking what a shitty thing to say at that time and place after the biggest win in team history for Seattle.

Top Bottom