• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WILD CARD SATURDAY: NOLA vs Seahawks

S

Seattlehawk94

Rematch with Ain'ts coming up if we do OUR part...

Seahawks: 27
St. Loser: 17

GO HAWKS!!!!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Back to back home games is just what the Dr ordered to get us right.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;52906 said:
Matthew will be starting!! There is a chance!!

Whiteworst got it done, despite lots of overthrows--but NO INTs.
Clipboard Jesus gets a win and for now I'm content.

Of course, as I'm leaving the sports bar, some chowderhead (probably a Raiders fan) sees me putting on my jacket and says, "7 and 9? Jesus! I'd put my jacket over my jersey too; how embarrassing!" What a dick. Yeah, it still beats staying home with LOSERS like the Whiners and Faiders, a-hole. Best of the worst is still best!
:nhl_checking:

I like the hats, too. Hope to get one after the playoffs and they go on sale!

DefendingChamps

Huddler
Reaction score
Would like to wish the Hawks a safe game and hopefully it will be a great playoff game. I know you fans are excited for your team, of course you all know there is still a lot of things that need to be done to make your Hawks a legit team. However, I am not here to talk smack about anything. I firmly believe the Saints win this game by double digits, but I still wanted to send my congrats to the Hawks and their fans.

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;52927 said:
I thought Whitehurst played well. Hasselbeck should take notes. Punts are better than picks.

Whitehurst did play very well in this game. He played smart and within the game plan. Made a few great plays with his legs inside and outside the pocket.

A tip of the hat to our D too. We really shut down their offense when we needed to. Great performance overall. Go HAWKS!

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Go Hawks..Whitehurst stuck with the game plan. Hasselbeck is just wat we need to get a victory over the saints. Remember he torched The saints in week 11. If our Defense plays like it did yesterday, knocking down balls at the line of scrimmage etc. I think we will get a surprising Victory

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
DefendingChamps;52932 said:
Would like to wish the Hawks a safe game and hopefully it will be a great playoff game. I know you fans are excited for your team, of course you all know there is still a lot of things that need to be done to make your Hawks a legit team. However, I am not here to talk smack about anything. I firmly believe the Saints win this game by double digits, but I still wanted to send my congrats to the Hawks and their fans.

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guessing you're a Saints fan? Very cool of you.

May the team that plays better win! (As opposed to the one with the better record, lol.)

If we win this one and go no further, we'd still shut up a lot of naysayers, nattering nabobs and nincompoops.

Reaction score
Whitehurst looked like a solid back up. Managed the game, no INTs. But lots of issues with accuracy and decision making. Especially the ruunning, KEEP YOUR EYES DOWNFIELD! He starts running and he buys enough time for receivers to get open but he doesn't even look for them.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Whitehurst should start for 3 legitimate reasons:

1: He's most likely the future of our team and if we're expecting to lose to NOLA anyway, why not start early?

2: He's has been playing much more consistent than Matt and is much healthier than him. He has better pocket prescence and knows when to take off runnning. How can you argue with his stats in the NFC West Champ. game?

3: Matt will get hurt anyway. We all know what happens when Matt comes back from an injury, he gets hurt again. and although you could argue he should play the last game since he will probably retire, we need to move on and quit relying on him to win us big games, which he can't even do in this stage of his career.

Reaction score
12thManFan;52974 said:

1: He's most likely the future of our team and if we're expecting to lose to NOLA anyway, why not start early?

2: He's has been playing much more consistent than Matt and is much healthier than him. He has better pocket prescence and knows when to take off runnning. How can you argue with his stats in the NFC West Champ. game?

3: Matt will get hurt anyway. We all know what happens when Matt comes back from an injury, he gets hurt again. and although you could argue he should play the last game since he will probably retire, we need to move on and quit relying on him to win us big games, which he can't even do in this stage of his career.

1. Because it's a playoff game and you want to put your best player possible out there and Charlie is NOT the future. If you say that again I will cut you! Lol

2. Consistantly? He played one game. And he didn't play bad but he DEFINITELY did not play well.

3. Is just all around stupid.

Reaction score
12thManFan;52974 said:

1. He shouldn't be considered the future. Right now, he is just a fill in guy if Hasselbeck doesn't get re-signed next season. If he turns out to be a pretty good QB, then that's fine, but at this point he is a below-average QB at best.

2. His stats weren't that impressive. If the Hawks run game didn't get going in the 2nd half he would have been forced to make plays and probably would have thrown a INT or two.

3. Hasselbeck is very injury prone at this point in his career, but if he is ready to go you start him over Whitehurst. If he gets hurt (which is unlikely), they can bring in Whitehurst off the bench.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
kdawg2980;52927 said:
I thought Whitehurst played well. Hasselbeck should take notes. Punts are better than picks.

Perfectly stated!! Problem with Matt is he thinks he is Tom Brady or something!! He trys to make the big play every pass.

Charlie didnt have accuracy problems, he just threw the ball away from the defenders.

He played just well enough to keep us ahead, and win the game. He didnt turn over the ball, and he is quicker then Matt in the scramble.

Start Chuck if you want to even have a chance at wining.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Give me a break. Someone pull up Hasselbeck's numbers from the Saints game earlier in the season.

Enough said.

And I'm going to have to disagree with this:

szat;52987 said:
Charlie didnt have accuracy problems, he just threw the ball away from the defenders.

He missed a lot of wide open receivers. His pass to Martin on the first drive should have been a touchdown. But Whitehurst was first staring down the other side of the field, then when he saw Martin wide open, he under threw him. If whoever was covering Martin was paying attention, they could have had an easy pick.

Reaction score
szat;52987 said:
Perfectly stated!! Problem with Matt is he thinks he is Tom Brady or something!! He trys to make the big play every pass.

He played just well enough to keep us ahead, and win the game. He didnt turn over the ball, and he is quicker then Matt in the scramble.

Start Chuck if you want to even have a chance at wining.

Charlie wasn't playing against the Falcons, let's not forget the St. Louis is only 7-9 too. Charlie didn't throw any picks because he wasn't forced into many obvious pass situations after the running game got going. The playcalling was set up to give him a lot of easy completeions. Matt gets forced into tough situations, give any defense enough opportunities against this O-Line and they're going to force some bad throws.

Charlie did to have accuracy problems, one throw in particular that comes to mind was on a quick throw to Obomanu where he had toget down to catch the ball so the play went for like 2 yards, An accurate pass Ben has a chance to make a man miss and. Go for at least 10-15.

He can run better than Matt, but he doesn't scramble. Once he starts running he stops looking down field.

Start Chuck if you want to see him get torn apart by better team.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
We will win it all!!! Only New England, Philadelphia and Indianapolis have more playoff appearances than Seattle over the past 12 seasons.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;52988 said:
Give me a break. Someone pull up Hasselbeck's numbers from the Saints game earlier in the season.

Enough said.

Yes i will take the Matt that played against the saints over alot of QB's in the league, the problem is you never know what your getting with Matt Hasselbeck. Reminesent of Dave Kreig. He is wildly inconsistant!

We can beat the saints if matt has a good day, and maybe thats our only hope. I'd just rather take a QB that wins and doesnt turn the ball over.

I was watching the game again last night, and yeah there were accuracy problems, but it was controlled, overthrows and the recievers were not open... BUT I REPEAT HE DID NOT THROW ANY PICKS! The single biggest deciding factor in the NFL is turnovers.

And Bob, please, Charlie ran for 30 yards, on only 8 attpts, with average of 3.8 yards per rush, against a good front 7, so he ran only when he needed to. Matt tries that and he's pulling something! Or he throws an int when he looks down field.

Reaction score
szat;53002 said:
Yes i will take the Matt that played against the saints over alot of QB's in the league, the problem is you never know what your getting with Matt Hasselbeck. Reminesent of Dave Kreig. He is wildly inconsistant!

We can beat the saints if matt has a good day, and maybe thats our only hope. I'd just rather take a QB that wins and doesnt turn the ball over.

I was watching the game again last night, and yeah there were accuracy problems, but it was controlled, overthrows and the recievers were not open... BUT I REPEAT HE DID NOT THROW ANY PICKS! The single biggest deciding factor in the NFL is turnovers.

And Bob, please, Charlie ran for 30 yards, on only 8 attpts, with average of 3.8 yards per rush, against a good front 7, so he ran only when he needed to. Matt tries that and he's pulling something! Or he throws an int when he looks down field.

Right, no picks on a lot of easy short throws. With Charlie in there you can't run the full offense. Then the running game got going, when Matt has had a running game supporting him (which has been rare) we've won.

My point wasn't that Whitehurst couldn't run, my point was that he ran too much. He bought himself time but instead of looking down field he would just tuck it and get one yard.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Clearly we beg to differ, so who is that is starting anyways?? Whos takin snaps today?

Top Bottom