• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wild Card Opponents Locked In...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Just getting over the loss to the bucs, but by Sunday I will be ready to party in Seattle in PRIMETIME!!! :yahoo:

If we beat the Rams I would so love for the saints to come to town. The SB winning saints, man, that would be a great playoff game at home.

Anything can happen.....

Reaction score
Number 18;52793 said:
I was very much on the fence with this one, but when it comes down to it, why would you root against your team making the playoffs? Makes no sense to me, regardless of how terrible the team is.

Mariners Blog | Advice to all local sports fans? Take a playoff shot when you can get it | Seattle Times Newspaper
Danny O'Neil | Sure, you're frustrated, but do you really want the Seahawks to lose Sunday? | Seattle Times Newspaper

How can you really call yourself a Seahawks fan if you are not going to say "GO HAWKS!" when the team is on the field?

Same way the players can cash in their million dollar checks and not play their best football.

Reaction score
BTW, I won't be rooting for the hawks to lose, I will be rooting for them to win, but the Rams are a better team at almost every position...other than maybe kick returner. They are better coached, better disciplined. They will win, and I won't need to root for them too lose.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;52828 said:
Same way the players can cash in their million dollar checks and not play their best football.

You ever not work your hardest at your job?

Being a fan is different. You stick with your team and always want them to win.

Reaction score
I totally disagree with the whole "anything can happen" mantra. We may be able to beat one team that's more talented than us, but 2 in a row is very unlikely and 3, 4 and 5 is borderline impossible.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Didn't say we would....But it could....And again...Picking in the Top 12 is waaaay more likely to produce a bust than at 20something....

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Where was Brady picked? Hass? Mecklenburg? Sinclair? Etc. etc. etc..

After the Top-5 the talent in the 1st Round is pretty much par...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Anthony Davis OT was picked by the 9ers at number 11. And there are a lot of better players taken after him, even into the second round. I mean, we had the fourth pick in the draft in 2009 and we botched that. There are plenty of players to be had where we will be picking.

Holiday Bowl was proof anything can happen. The anything can happen mantra is legitimate even statistically speaking. After you win one game, that has no bearing on the "anything can happen" in the next. While it may be improbable, it is possible.

Reaction score
The Huskies were expected to be good preseason because they have some talented players. They won last night because those talnted players all finally played the way they were expected to all season plus the defense played out of their minds. The Seahawks don't have that much talent. Although there is some potential talent that hasn't done much, Tate and Curry come to mind, but for the most part has played the way everyone expected and maybe a little bit better.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;52859 said:
The Huskies were expected to be good preseason because they have some talented players. They won last night because those talnted players all finally played the way they were expected to all season plus the defense played out of their minds. The Seahawks don't have that much talent. Although there is some potential talent that hasn't done much, Tate and Curry come to mind, but for the most part has played the way everyone expected and maybe a little bit better.

It think the Hawks are on par with the league talent wise give or take a few positions. I think its more what you do with the talent and how to tap that potential. We've seen flashes of brilliance and complete debacles. I hope this week we've turned a corner.

Reaction score
A few positions? We need CB, CB, SS, DT, MLB, RT, RG, C, LG, WR, a future QB and depth pretty much everywhere. Actually maybe one of the interior OL positions can be given to Unger.

Reaction score
Number 18;52831 said:
You ever not work your hardest at your job?

Being a fan is different. You stick with your team and always want them to win.

When I don't work as hard one day, I just have more shit to do the next day.

When the players don't work hard they lose games. It's a bit different.

Obviously I am going to root for them to win the game. I am just saying we as fans have the right to be pissed off at this team for the way they have been playing.

Now the whole draft position argument can go either way. Like 94, anything beyond top 5 is pretty much a toss up.

But, I think that you have a better chance of drafting a potential franchise building block at picks 10-15, like an OL, DE, CB or QB as appose to later in the 20's like WR, TE etc.

I am going to root for the hawks to win, I am going to get drunk, they will probably lose, I will be pissed but life will go on and we can look forward to the draft and FA.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll take the win, thank you! No, we don't have a chance against the Saints if the offense plays this way next week, but at least I have a reason to watch now.

DefendingChamps

Huddler
Reaction score
Good luck guys. Congrats on winning the division, as crappy as it was this year you still did what it took to be crowned champs of your division. I hope both teams leave this game this weekend healthy and of course I hope for a Saints win. Good luck!

WHO DAT

Reaction score
Welcome to the site CardsFan and Defending Champs. The majority of people will say the Saints will win, but this is a whole "new" season and anything can happen. Did anyone see the Cardinals going to the Super Bowl a few years ago? I'm not saying the Hawks will, but you can't automatically rule them out.

Top Bottom