• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who starts Sunday at Quarterback for Hawks?

S

Seattlehawk94

"Short leash"----so a clipboard holding loser 3rd string can over throw WRs and throw more picks than Matt?

Everyone bashes Matthew's turnovers but Whitecursed throws more INTs per attempt than Matt and can't hit a WR unless he's wide open in a prevent defense..

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
If Whitehurst was the starter I'd say the same damn thing! Whoever is the starting QB should be on a short leash.

Hasselbeck turned a winnable game into a blowout in the second half last week. Three possesions in the second half and three turnovers.

Against the 49ers he did the same damn thing and all those mistakes are all mental mistakes. He has been killing this team with poor decisions even causing announcers to call him stupid(Billick during 49ers game).

I"m not a huge fan of Whitehurst and am a big defender of Hasselbeck but I can see that he is killing the team.

As for Whitehurst he played poor against the Giants in a no-win situation and that pick against the Cardinals looked bad but he looked good both drives. Look all right against the Falcons. I thought Whitehurst looked great in the first preseason game, terrible in the second, decent in the third and pretty good in the fourth.

S

Seattlehawk94

You can't lead a team on a short leash, and basically you force your QB to make no plays...Look at Leinhart, his numbers aren't bad but he was so scared to fuck up that he would be like 14-21 94 yards 0 TDs 0 Ints and no flow in the game...Would rather make mistakes than go 3 and out all the time like AZZ did under that dude..

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52521 said:
He hasn't done shit in the regular season that's why we traded for Beast Mode.....

What?! Forsett isnt a fucking star starting RB but he does have 4.5 YPC average and has been a success story considering where he was drafted.

Matt is starting in TB due to senority, and maybe if he'd make less plays that would be a good thing. He has had some great games this year, but he is finishing very very badly.

Reaction score
HATE using this as an excuse... but, if that douche bag gets called for the face mask against Matt like he should have, that gives us yards and a spark. Instead the ref "chooses" to look the other way and ATL gets the TD.

Now Matt shouldn't have made that one throw in triple coverage, that was his fault, he forced the ball... but he was put in a bad position by a HORRIBLE call, HORRIBLE offensive coordinator and a HORRIBLE defense on 3rd down. I mean come on Kernard Cox (sp?) wtf do you guys expect?

Charlie Whitehurst WILL not be a winner in this league... I have never played "organized" football, and I can see that he just will never amount to shit. The fact that some of you still think he can is ludicrous!!

Matt is a "gun slinger" and I think he needs better coaching when it comes to play calling and the head coach also needs to be more accountable and check Matt every game like Holmgren used to do. I just watched a FX: Mike Holmgren on NFL Network.. and there was a shot of him giving Matt is a speech before a game. It went along these lines "don't make any stupid throws Matt, if it's not there throw it away.... you hear me?? Throw it away, play smart and don't be stupid".... Matt nods. Matt was NEVER the INT machine during Holmgrens tenure... wonder why??

I love the guy, he wants to win games, his team and coaches put him in a horrible position all the time where he tries to put the game on his shoulders and just throws carelessly. He's a warrior and sometimes it costs him. Not an excuse. It's on him to stop the mistakes....

BUT, Charlie Whitehurst is NOT the better option.

Plus, Pete is keeping Matt as the starter... Matt throws 2 picks and a fumble, Whitehurst throws non and gets a TD yet he's still holding the clipboard... I wonder why? That's what I love about Pete, he's not like that faggot Ruskell who will play a guy just because he drafted him high or gave up a lot for him regardless of his lack of talent. Pete see's they made a mistake in Charlie, and he goes with the MUCH better QB.

GO HAWKS!!

Reaction score
btw... as much as I HAAAAAATTTEEE to admit, but 94, bob and 18 were right about Forsett.

I love the kid, I thought he could pound the rock full time, I was wrong. Pete gave him a chance, we saw what he was capable of. Maybe on a team like the Patriots with an AMAZING line he would do great as a starter (see Danny Woodhead), but on a team like ours, with a shitty offensive line, he fits the role of the situational back best. Marshawn is the prototypical starting RB, even with our line Marshawn runs hard and is strong and big enough to knock a defender or two on their ass.

Again, I love Forsett, he's a great blocker, good hands and a perfect 3rd down/change of pace back.

Reaction score
No HB can be successful behind our line (Marshawn hasn't had a 100yrd game)

The Yrd per carry avg before Lynch 3.3, with Lynch 3.4 .... wow how great...

Point is that you cant judge Forsett for not being able to run this season, he never had a freaking hole.

In no way am i saying he is better then lynch, I love the beast mode, I just believe our line is the problem with our run game and I do believe J-force could be a good back with a decent run blocking line.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;52555 said:
HATE using this as an excuse... but, if that douche bag gets called for the face mask against Matt like he should have, that gives us yards and a spark. Instead the ref "chooses" to look the other way and ATL gets the TD.

Now Matt shouldn't have made that one throw in triple coverage, that was his fault, he forced the ball... but he was put in a bad position by a HORRIBLE call, HORRIBLE offensive coordinator and a HORRIBLE defense on 3rd down. I mean come on Kernard Cox (sp?) wtf do you guys expect?

Matt is a "gun slinger" and I think he needs better coaching when it comes to play calling and the head coach also needs to be more accountable and check Matt every game like Holmgren used to do. I just watched a FX: Mike Holmgren on NFL Network.. and there was a shot of him giving Matt is a speech before a game. It went along these lines "don't make any stupid throws Matt, if it's not there throw it away.... you hear me?? Throw it away, play smart and don't be stupid".... Matt nods. Matt was NEVER the INT machine during Holmgrens tenure... wonder why??

GO HAWKS!!

its a good assessment of some of the metal part of the game between a HC and QB. I also saw FX Holgrem last night, awesome, made me really miss Holmy.

And Im sure Mike and only Mike had the best ability to rein a QB in.

But the the QB still is to be held accountable, and he made very poor decisions. The FF/TD was like was with under 1:00 to play in the half.
Then watching the game again (morbid curiosity) I saw 3 guys WIDE OPEN when he went to Mike WIlliams on the go route who was covered with a safety over the top. IMO, Matts biggest issue is he decides what reciever he is going to throw the ball before the snap.

But... I think if he can reign it in, take the sack or throw it away or the easy throw before "letting it rip" we can win next week. If not, same result.

Reaction score
Matt usually makes his reads pretty well when he has protection. But the play you're talking about I remember yelling that Obomanu was open. And on the deep ball to Obomanu I was actually watching him the whole time and he was never open, that was a bad throw. Williams can go up and make a catch on those kinds of routes so maybe that was the thought process behind that throw.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't see our O-line problems being fixed anytime soon. When hasselbeck has time and a run game behind him i see the turnovers and bad decisions decrease by tenfold. I believe forsett could have served us better in the run game alot of games this season but thats just my opionion. Whitehurst is horrible point blank.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
If Whitehurst has zero professional ability and zero hope to ever improve, why did we pay that much to get him--or get him at all? Does he have embarrassing pictures of Pete or folks up high with farm animals or something? Surely they saw him play at some point and aren't suddenly shocked and think he's now a complete bust after a few games. Or are they?

I have not seen enough of him to say he's completely hopeless OR that he's our best choice to start. I just wonder why he would be acquired if he's always been that horrible.

As for the debate between going with him or Matt, it's like Republicans vs. Democrats. Each side will point out their best and ignore their worst and bottom line, neither will change their minds. Better to let the coaches decide and root for the best. You can always throw stuff at the TV later.
:D

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Exactly, 10 million dollars for 2 years is unheard of for a back up specially one that never threw an NFL pass. i don't understand the thought process carroll had when he felt like making that trade. that was a 2nd rd draft pick we could have used to improve in other areas. i am not ready to totally dismiss whitehurst but i don't think he will get enough playing time for the staff to determine that we wanna keep him and after his two years he will be gone and we will look back and say it was a waste and a failure

S

Seattlehawk94

I like this tonos person!

They did an article on the Times website comparing Hasselbeck to Krieg and Whitecursed to Stouffer...READ IT PEOPLE...

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52588 said:
I like this tonos person!

They did an article on the Times website comparing Hasselbeck to Krieg and Whitecursed to Stouffer...READ IT PEOPLE...

Talk about good and bad memories! There's a reason the former is associated with Seahawks greatness and the other with frozen dinners...
:wacko:

Top Bottom