• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who starts Sunday at Quarterback for Hawks?

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I know Seattlehawk94 is going to kill me but this question needs to be asked.

Sadly I hope we start Whitehurst. Hasselbeck has turned the ball over 10 times in the last three games while throwing for just one touchdown.

Last year he ended the season with four touchdowns to 10 interceptions. I think Hasselbeck is breaking down once again. The line is bad so having a younger more mobile quarterback in Whitehurst helps as well.

If we start Whitehurst I'd have a short leash though since we are still in the division title hunt. Something needs to be done as Hasselbeck is killing the team with his non stop turnovers.

Reaction score
I think the fact that Carroll didn't say Hasselbeck is their guy, shows that Whitehurst has a real chance at starting. Whitehurst actually looked decent out there today compared to his start against the Giants.

Reaction score
As much as Matt pissed me off today with those stupid over thrown deep balls and turn overs, but after that initial drive, Bates play calling went back to the gay old "knapp" style and it killed our rhythm and our defense ended up on the field 90% of the time.

I am not making excuses for Matt's mistakes, he made some stupid throws that he knows he shouldn't have made. But there were plenty of drives that went no where due to play calling before Matt starting making turn overs.

SO PISSED!!! We had a legit chance to win this game. We fucking scored on our opening drive and then held the #1 team in the NFC to a field goal. We also picked Matt Ryan off.... that doesn't happen very often!!!

PISSED!!

Matt may be on the decline, but Whitehurst is not the ANSWER!!! I can score a fucking touchdown in garbage time!! When you are down 34-10 in the 4th the other team isn't playing aggressive defense.

Whitehurst does not have the "IT" factor as Bob put it in another post.

Keep Matt the starter and sign/draft a QB to replace him EVENTUALLY!!!

ALSO draft us a couple WRs and OL to help the QB Please

Reaction score
WE NEED CORNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also Pete Carroll said that they were going to re-evaluate the starting QB position this week.

Reaction score
Whitehurst stared down his receiver EVERYTIME. The only reason he didn't look terrible is because he was facing a prevent defense.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
We need to make a change. For better or for worse, Hasselbeck isn't getting it done. That is just the facts. It couldn't get anyworse than 11 turnovers in 4 games.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the game but from what you're saying it sounds like a condensed repeat of the Whiners debacle.
I'm just embarrassed that the division winner will NOT be a winning team! Egad.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt made 5 turnovers @ SF and 3 yesterday! What else do you really need to see!!!!!

Charlie made some nice throws, he found Carlson, wide open, he down the ball before taking a sack, and he ran for TD.

Its clear to me you make this move now, thats why we paid the 8 million for this guy, and theres no way he does worse then Matt.

I love Matt but I just cant watch him throw another game.

S

Seattlehawk94

He did it against a PREVENT DEFENSE and they wanted us to drive and run clock....Most 3rd Stringers could do that against a prevent...

People need to shut up about benching Matthew....The PLAYERS are behind Matthew...That should say it all...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It's a tough call for me. I am really tired of Hasselbeck doing stupid shit. I mean really stupid shit that someone with his experience shouldn't be doing. But on the other hand, I don't have any confidence in Whitehurst. Hasselbeck, to me, has become a high risk, high reward player. If he's on, he'll be as good as anyone. If he's off, you've never seen a worse QB. Whereas Whitehurst is just there. So you either bet on Hasselbeck or take a flat game with Whitehurst.

Awesome choices...

S

Seattlehawk94

Question answered....Matthew is starting Sunday....

18.....You pretty much nailed it down to the letter in that last post....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm sort of glad because I admit I like Hasselbeck as a leader and just his personality. Really cool guy. And while I try not to let that interfere with my opinion what's best for the team at large, sometimes it kind of does.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Its such an easy argument to make, yeah well he was playing in garbage time/ against prevent or loose questions/ it was in pre-season.

That fact of the matter is Charlie played well regardless, your can minimize but he played well.

If you remember everyone said the same thing about forsett that he couldnt do it in the regular season, when he had those hudge pre-seasons games.

So Matts the guy, the last hooray, and he can play well, he just is sooooo inconsistant and Charlie gives us a better chance.

Oh well, go team.....

S

Seattlehawk94

If you remember everyone said the same thing about forsett that he couldnt do it in the regular season, when he had those hudge pre-seasons games.

I do remember saying that...And I was right....He hasn't done shit in the regular season that's why we traded for Beast Mode....And in spite of that we are one of the NFL's worst rushing teams.

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Forsett has had some good games in 2009 and even this year. He has a few games this year where he averaged 7.0 YPC so I'd say Forsett has turned out all right.

I'd start Whitehurst personally because Hasselbeck is a turnover machine. He has turned the ball over ten times the last three weeks. Remember last year? He threw 10 picks the final four games of the season. He has thrown 42 interceptions since 2008(34 games) while losing seven fumbles.

This defense isn't good enough to overcome turnovers and Hasselbeck just keeps turning the ball over and over again. I know Whitehurst isn't the answer either I want him to start more so to see what we have and I know Hasselbeck can't get the job done.

I mean if Whitehurst can't beat out a slumping Hasselbeck who is injured then you definately shouldn't have traded for him. Any competent backup QB would be starting over Hasselbeck now which tells me Whitehurst sucks.

Basically we are fucked and need to stick to a basic gameplan and ride our defense(which sucks) and run game(which sucks).

Reaction score
kdawg2980;52528 said:
Forsett has had some good games in 2009 and even this year. He has a few games this year where he averaged 7.0 YPC so I'd say Forsett has turned out all right.

I'd start Whitehurst personally because Hasselbeck is a turnover machine. He has turned the ball over ten times the last three weeks. Remember last year? He threw 10 picks the final four games of the season. He has thrown 42 interceptions since 2008(34 games) while losing seven fumbles.

This defense isn't good enough to overcome turnovers and Hasselbeck just keeps turning the ball over and over again. I know Whitehurst isn't the answer either I want him to start more so to see what we have and I know Hasselbeck can't get the job done.

I mean if Whitehurst can't beat out a slumping Hasselbeck who is injured then you definately shouldn't have traded for him. Any competent backup QB would be starting over Hasselbeck now which tells me Whitehurst sucks.

Basically we are fucked and need to stick to a basic gameplan and ride our defense(which sucks) and run game(which sucks).
I'd love to see what Whitehurst can do, but the Seahawks can still win the division and Hasselbeck gives them the best chance to win. Even though the coaches and players have a lot of respect for Matt, I'm sure he will be on a shorter leash than normal. If he goes out and starts turning over the ball like crazy, he will probably be benched, but only if they are losing by a wide margin.

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh....Matt's had games this season where he carried them....IN fact we wouldn't even have 5 wins if it wasn't for him...

"Hass is a TO machine"---and INT Jesus isn't? With Matt you have games where when he's on, he's on...INT Jesus, is NEVER "on"...

And, no...We shouldn't have traded for him....Because the "what we have in INT Jesus" is nothing...

As for Fore-play's "big games"....Yeah, doesn't mean he's an even okay RB...He's a scatback only made for draw plays and screens....Going into this year thinking he was the answer is so fucking retarded it would make the Special Olympics seem smart...Guy has no business being a #1 RB...Ever...

OP
K

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes Forsett is like Maurice Morris but at least Forsett was a 7th rounder instead of a 2nd rounder.

When was the last time Matt was "on" though? He kicked the Cardinals ass who just lost to the Panthers are the only good games he's played in the past two months.

Like I said neither option is good but Hasselbeck you have to admit has been killing the team. I hope Hasselbeck is on a short leash and is pulled before the game gets out of hand unlike last week.

Hopefully Hasselbeck plays well. Pretty simple just win the next two games and we are in.

Top Bottom