• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Where's SIS , Tressel should be fired !!!!

Idahawk

Reaction score
He's caught in a big time lie and its gonna get ugly .

Ohio St should look to BYU basketball and do the right thing .

Tressel needs to shut up and come clean , all this othere crap is making him look like shit.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, he only gets two game suspension and players get 4. bruce pearlman from tenessee bball got suspended 8 games and fined over a million dollars for misleading the NCAA. Tressel should be put in the same situation

Reaction score
tonos253;56036 said:
Yeah, he only gets two game suspension and players get 4. bruce pearlman from tenessee bball got suspended 8 games and fined over a million dollars for misleading the NCAA. Tressel should be put in the same situation

8 games in basketball is less than 2 games in a
12 game season.

Reaction score
I was just saying. Not defending Tressel at all. He's a douche. Looks like a child molester in that gay sweater vest.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone hear an update on the Tressel situation? Still wondering if he is going to get fired or if the NCAA is going to impose a bigger penalty?

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Not excusing the Ohio State players or Tressel but the hypocritacy of the NCAA just baffles me.

Let's recap this situation shall we.

Players get in trouble for selling their own stuff. Yes I know it's championship rings and school stuff but that is their stuff to do what they want. Would they get in trouble for selling their T.V.? I don't know.

So in the eyes of the NCAA this is wrong and they'll be punished and suspended. Okay whatever the players knew the rules. Oh wait they can play in the Sugar Bowl?! So it must not be that bad then right? Nope they are suspended for five games(basically close to half their season) the following year.

We all know why the NCAA did this. Too much money on the line for the BCS game to suspend these players so they dragged their feet and let them play. Suspending them would lose some sponsorship money.

This whole situation sucks and represents what is wrong with college sports. The Kids do all the work and put their bodies on the line while the greedy presidents come away making millions and millions.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
But I thought the real issue is that Tressel lied right to the NCAA?

NCAA: "Do you know about XYZ?"

Tressel: "Nope, I have no idea what you are talking about."

Email: "Tressel our kids are getting money for selling stuff." (before season started)

NCAA finds out about the email.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
That is Tressel's issue and he is wrong 100% not excusing that. If schools truly valued academics and morals Tressel would be fired or if he had been average the last few years. I also contend Rick Neuheisel wasn't fired because he lied he was fired because the Huskies just went 7-6. If he did what all he did that offseason after going 11-1 nothing happens.

My point was how the Ohio State situation as a whole represents what is wrong with NCAA sports today. How they punished them for selling their own stuff. Punished them AFTER the big money making bowl game, etc.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NCAA takes forever to really get something done. But yeah, they will drag their feet when it comes to big money bowl games. (Hi Cam Newton)

But as far as football and basketball is concerned in college, education comes second to these sports. Way to much $$$ involved.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
NCAA takes forever to really get something done. But yeah, they will drag their feet when it comes to big money bowl games. (Hi Cam Newton)

But as far as football and basketball is concerned in college, education comes second to these sports. Way to much $$$ involved.

That is my point they will take forever like you said with the Cam Newton situation, Reggie Bush at USC, etc. They want their $$$ which is fine I guess. Just don't sit here and talk about intregrity NCAA when you yourself have zero.

College football and college basketball is big time business. The Presidents are making millions and millions off these kids. Why you'll never see a college football playoff. Why share these millions with the likes of Boise State's when you don't have to?

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You don't think they would make MORE money with a college football playoff?

Hell, if you got 14 teams into a playoff (1 and 2 seeds get byes), you have SO many more people watching the games. Since the whole 1 and done mentality will be there for the next 4 weeks. All the bowl games in the playoffs would be WAY more popular. As of right now, only 1 or 2 of BCS games are worth watching. Everything else means nothing.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes but the system is set up for a guaranteed paycheck for the big conference. Each BCS bowl game pays over 10 million which each BCS conference is guaranteed a team in no matter what. Look at UCONN they went 8-4 but Big East still received over 10 million for that bowl game.

For ratings and the fans yes a playoff would be great. With a playoff though there is no guarantee you'll get that big payday if you are a big conference. Why none of the six big conferences are eager to start a playoff. They will get paid over 10 million each and every single year. The power conferences like the SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 usually get two teams.

I hate the setup but that is why the BCS exists. The rich get richer while the smaller schools continue to get fucked over.

Top Bottom