• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WalterFootball 1/27 Mock Draft

Reaction score
A few mocks I have seen have Eric Berry falling down to 6th. If he is there, the Seahawks have to take him.

Reaction score
I would be shocked to see Spiller drafted by the Seahawks. Alex Gibbs has a history of making lesser lineman and running back work great. I can also see. The Seahawks trying to move down to around 20 if they can pick up a third rounder because they could get T. Mayes (A big Saftey, which fits the new regime, and played for Carroll or maybe Mike Iupati G from Idaho) both are long shots IMO but think theyare more likely then Spiller.

Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;44674 said:
I would be shocked to see Spiller drafted by the Seahawks. Alex Gibbs has a history of making lesser lineman and running back work great. I can also see. The Seahawks trying to move down to around 20 if they can pick up a third rounder because they could get T. Mayes (A big Saftey, which fits the new regime, and played for Carroll or maybe Mike Iupati G from Idaho) both are long shots IMO but think theyare more likely then Spiller.
Moving from the 14th down to the 20's should give the Seahawks a 2nd round pick, not a 3rd, but it all depends on how badly the other team wants the 14th.

Reaction score
Phaze- I said around 20 not in 20's. I'm thinking 18,19,20 which dropping back to the 20th spot is a 250 point difference which is equal to the 68th pick. The 4th pick in the third round. Since the team we traded with would more then likely be sending over around the 80th pick they would Likely send over their 4th rounder or other compensation to the Seahawks as well.

14th- 1100 points
20- 950 points
80- 160 points
117th-90 points

Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;44677 said:
Phaze- I said around 20 not in 20's. I'm thinking 18,19,20 which dropping back to the 20th spot is a 250 point difference which is equal to the 68th pick. The 4th pick in the third round. Since the team we traded with would more then likely be sending over around the 80th pick they would Likely send over their 4th rounder or other compensation to the Seahawks as well.

14th- 1100 points
20- 950 points
80- 160 points
117th-90 points
True, but I think they should try for a 2nd first. The other team might be a situation where they will give up more than what the value chart says.

Reaction score
Oh, they will try. But if the get a second it's likely to be in next years draft. They would love to get into the third round this year where there is some good value to have. They will get as much as they can in any trade.

Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;44693 said:
Oh, they will try. But if the get a second it's likely to be in next years draft. They would love to get into the third round this year where there is some good value to have. They will get as much as they can in any trade.
I wonder if it would be a good idea to get the lower pick in the 1st this year and a 1st for the next draft, but seeing as though there could be a lockout, it might be a bad idea, but having two 1st round picks in two consecutive years can quickly turn this team around if they are used right.

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I think that no matter where we draft in the first or with however many picks we may have, we draft the best player on the board (with the exception of linebacker and QB). I am not a big fan of any of the over hyped QB's coming out this year and we are stacked at OL. Every other position is in desperate need of an upgrade with OL at the top.

Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;44674 said:

Yeah the "mediocore running back turned star" experiment has worked out real well in Seattle the last couple years..

We need a "star" RB and we need to rebuild our line... NOW! I don't want to count on some old out dated coach to resurrect our running game.

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
we can get Jonathan Dwyer in the 2nd round, who may be the only rb in this draft who has #1 potential. we can get either Okung or Berry at #6 and Bryan Bulaga at 14 if we don't get Okung, or Earl Thomas if we don't get Berry, and then we can get a qb like Jarrett Brown from WVU in the 4th round

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Guys, don't be surprised if the Seahawks pass on OL in the first round. And likely the 2nd round. Locklear will move back to his normal spot or RT, Willis is a very good RG. Frye is the kind of guy Gibbs likes, and we also have Macintosh and Gibson to challenge at that spot, with Willis, Spencer, and Gibson vying for the LG duties. As terrible as we were on the line last year, we actually have a lot of bodies in queue to work with Gibbs and make this a very solid unit next season.

As for RB - Dwyer is the only top all-around RB coming out, but I question if he'll be there at 40. What I'd really like to see is a Cal rotation - Best and Forsett. Best is just about as fast as Spiller, and I think he makes better cuts. He can cut to the side like his hips are a swivel. Gives us that speedster threat we are missing.

So - a dream draft for me would be Berry at 6 (Haden if Berry is gone) and a Morgan or Price or similar at 14. Then at 40 look at Dwyer, Best, or maybe even Colt McCoy. That said - if we can move down from 14 to later in the 1st round and get a high draft pick for next year, I'm all for it. We could use another 1st round pick next season to set us up to get a QB.

Reaction score
D Hawk;44909 said:
Guys, don't be surprised if the Seahawks pass on OL in the first round. And likely the 2nd round. Locklear will move back to his normal spot or RT, Willis is a very good RG. Frye is the kind of guy Gibbs likes, and we also have Macintosh and Gibson to challenge at that spot, with Willis, Spencer, and Gibson vying for the LG duties. As terrible as we were on the line last year, we actually have a lot of bodies in queue to work with Gibbs and make this a very solid unit next season.

As for RB - Dwyer is the only top all-around RB coming out, but I question if he'll be there at 40. What I'd really like to see is a Cal rotation - Best and Forsett. Best is just about as fast as Spiller, and I think he makes better cuts. He can cut to the side like his hips are a swivel. Gives us that speedster threat we are missing.

So - a dream draft for me would be Berry at 6 (Haden if Berry is gone) and a Morgan or Price or similar at 14. Then at 40 look at Dwyer, Best, or maybe even Colt McCoy. That said - if we can move down from 14 to later in the 1st round and get a high draft pick for next year, I'm all for it. We could use another 1st round pick next season to set us up to get a QB.
Especially if we aren't in the Top 10 for the draft in 2011. We could use those two first round picks to move up into the Top 10 or even Top 5 and draft Jake Locker.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Exactly, Phaze. And I don't expect us to be in the Top 10. The Cardinals are losing too many pieces this off-season... I think they are done. Rams are two more "W"s, and a split at worse with the 49ers. We could go 8-8 and still win the West...

Top Bottom