• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WalterFootball 1/27 Mock Draft

Reaction score
I don't care who we take as long as the team improves. The more I think about it, we don't need to take a tackle in the 1st round or in the draft at all. The line improved a lot and has a lot of potential. If the GM and Carroll play their cards right they can fix the line in free agency and with the help of Gibbs.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Eric Berry/Derrick Morgan as well. This would make our defense very strong for years to come and with the talk of Patrick Kerney retiring we are going to need another DE if we didn't need one anyway. WalterFootball.com scouting report(WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Derrick Morgan) compares him to Patrick Kerney, so we would replace Kerney with the same type of rusher and we all Know Eric Berry is the next Ed Reed.

Reaction score
I wouldn't care if they took the best available player with the 6th pick. We do need to fix the O-Line, but it's not as important as a lot of people make it, especially if Jones doesn't retire. We have 3 picks out of the first 40 so the new GM should be able to get someone with the other 2 and use the 6th for a dynamic player like Berry.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;44398 said:
I'm not counting on Jones being there at all.
If Jones doesn't come back then we definitely need to draft someone with the 6th who can replace him. If he does, we can wait until the 14th or the 2nd Round.

A DE at 6th makes sense because the Hawks couldn't get in the backfield much this past season, but if there's someone available at 14th or Eric Berry is there at 6th I'd rather them pass up on a DE at 6th.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't want them stretching for an o-lineman just because we need one. If there isn't one worth a 6 or 14, don't take one. We have enough holes that any position (except linebacker) taken in those spots will help.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Drafting for need does not work! We need to take the best available player. I would love to see if there is a article somewhere that shows how O-linemen do that are drafted in the top ten. It seems like it takes 3 or 4 years for an O-Linemen to get it. By then they are a year from free agency and we only get one good year from them.

I say find a 27, 28 year old lineman that has proved what he can do, and get them in free agency.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak;44408 said:
Drafting for need does not work! We need to take the best available player. I would love to see if there is a article somewhere that shows how O-linemen do that are drafted in the top ten. It seems like it takes 3 or 4 years for an O-Linemen to get it. By then they are a year from free agency and we only get one good year from them.

I say find a 27, 28 year old lineman that has proved what he can do, and get them in free agency.

Yeah, look at how Jake Long worked out for the dolphins or Joe Thomas with the Browns :roll:.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;44409 said:
Yeah, look at how Jake Long worked out for the dolphins or Joe Thomas with the Browns :roll:.
Ryan Clady with the Broncos too. I think OT is one of the easier positions to evaluate.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
With your attempted parallels to Long, Clady, and Ferguson, you are making an assumption that a tackle of that quality is available when we are picking. If there is not, don't pick one that should be taken x number of spots lower. You overpay for a lesser talent. Just doesn't make any sense.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It depends on how the draft falls. There may be better value at 14 than the available tackles. You are dead set on making a lineman work in one of our picks. I think that is the wrong approach. You only have to look at Ruskell's drafts to see that (Spencer, Jennings, Jackson, etc.).

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
Hi guys! First ever mess on here, so if it sounds like BS, plz, forgive the euro guy :)

I consider myself as the biggest hawks fan in belgium, as i think i m the only one. Here, when ppl talk about football, it s about a sport where players actually play with their feet :)

I read what u guys said about the draft. Lots of interesting stuff. I ve been a big seattle fan for only 5 yrs, and u get way more extensive coverage (not even 1 seahawks game was broadcasted this year) than i do... so my opinions will probably be pretty irrelevant.

But here s what i ve noticed. Since 05 and the SB run, we always drafted D men with our 1st pick... And our O fell from prolific to pathetic. I was pretty surprised that we didnt take a LT last year (tho i really hope Curry turns out to be a great player). I think we all agree now it was a mistake. Big walt s getting old, and our OL is terrible. And a bad OL makes ur QB look bad, ur RBs look bad etc... + i completly disagree with the guy sayin OT s tough to draft. It seems to me, based on recent succes by other teams that OT is one of the best evaluated position for high draft picks. I really hope we can fix that thru the draft or FA, although, this uncapped year doesnt seems to be a good one for FA (i m not sure i understand everythin in that area). The OL is the biggest concern !

As i read, the OL class is pretty poor, so i dont kno what they ll do. How do u adress a need with a thin position class?

In the other hand, the DT class seems very rich. Shouldnt we go for one of those big guys? with our stellar LB group, a big DT would be pretty effective... Tubbs was a bust, Bernard s gone. Who do we have? Terril? Mebane? the green bay guy?

I would be pretty happy too with the Walt predictions. Would give us great players, filling needs... but once again, we have so many to fill...

I have seen another mock draft that was sending Bradford and Spiller in Seattle. wat would u think about that (2 O guys for the first Carrol draft, idk...)? Matt s gettin old, and i d love to see another Chris Johnson in seattle. As the College coverage is pretty poor in europe, i havent seen those guys playin, so i dont kno much bout hem...

damn, draftin s really an art !

Reaction score
It seems like a lot of mocks out there have us taking Spiller in the first. 5 of the last 6 I looked at.

Now maybe it's just me, but it seems like last years michael crabtree "hoopla" all over again.

What do ya'll think... real good chance hawks will target him, or is it just idiots who know nothing about the hawks trying to make predictions again?

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
if Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, Derrick Morgan and Earl Thomas are all off the board then I would take Spiller, but that won't be the case. I want Earl Thomas if we can't get Berry, or Davis or Bruce if we can't get Okung, but Derrick Morgan over either if he's still there. We can get a guy like Pierre Thomas or Chester Taylor as a free agent, so I can't see why we have to take Spiller.

Top Bottom