• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Vincent Jackson to Seahawks?

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Jackson trade possibility opens up

3:46PM ET
Vincent Jackson | Chargers

Top Email

The situation with two of the San Diego Chargers' unsigned RFAs has gotten very ugly, with both sides seeming to be well-entrenched in their positions. But for Vincent Jackson, might he get his wish of a long-term deal in an indirect way?
That was the subject of some speculation by Jason La Canfora of NFL.com on Monday. La Canfora notes that there could come a time when the Chargers decide that -- as a malcontent -- Jackson is not worth as much to them as he might be to some other team. If they do elect to put him on the block, one team that La Canfora believes might step up is the Seattle Seahawks. The 'Hawks lost out on Brandon Marshall earlier this offseason, so the intent to acquire another WR could still be there despite the drafting of Golden Tate.
Given the shrewd past behavior of Chargers GM A.J. Smith, we're not totally sold on this idea. Sure, he's a man who likes to get good value for his assets; however, trading Jackson away would effectively be caving in because a team acquiring Jackson would likely also give him the long-term lucrative deal he desires. This would set a very bad precedent for future negotiations with players who wanted new or better deals.
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes that while a Jackson trade is certainly possible, it's not likely at this point:

williamson_bill_30.jpg
Bill Williamson

Jackson trade? Only as a last resort
"The NFL Network speculated that Seattle could be interested in Jackson if the Chargers got to the point of dealing him. It makes sense. The Seahawks tried to acquire Brandon Marshall. He ended up going to Miami for two second-round picks. The price tag for Jackson would likely be in that neighborhood. ... This could be a decent way out for San Diego down the road. But I don't think the Chargers will consider this until they appear to be out of other options."

Lets take all of the Chargers good players and we will end up in the NFC championship game. Ellison, Jackson what about McNeil? Just don't let him drive or spike the ball before he his touched by the defense

How about House and Jackson as starting WR's? this is nice!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUe6ZzqMiyY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxAM3kRYVAM&feature=PlayList&p=8644839C9EAE5B6D&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1[/ame]

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man the Seahawks are trying to make some legit moves right now.

This would definitely bring the receiving core up to the next level, but this trade is still a massive long shot.

Reaction score
Vincent Jackson is an absolute freak of nature, I'd love to make a move for him but the price is probably going to be too much.

OP
M

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
on San Diego's sports radio station Mighty 1090 Streamtheworld Live Player - XPRSAM

says that Vincent Jackson people are telling people that Vincent is wanting to be traded and that he is not coming back. Jackson was told that if he doesn't sign within a week, he would be offered $400,000. He didn't like that and told GM AJ Smith he would sit out the whole year. Then yesterday, he said he wanted to be traded!

Reaction score
HawksFan1987;48828 said:
I heard on the radio that he declined to even meet with the Hawks. Sorry guys...:frown:

wrong
the Chargers said no thanks to the trade inquiry from the hawks

Reaction score
HawksFan1987;48838 said:
Well either way he aint gonna be a Hawk dude. Same difference.

I conquer. If any of you have been watching ESPN lately it has said that AJ Smith is "ready to move on" from Vincent Jackson and their tackle Marcus Mcneil.

Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora: On the Vincent Jackson front, I first reported Seattle's interest weeks ago, and of any clubs Seattle still best positioned to get him.

@JasonLaCanfora: Chargers still making it appear as if he will sit and not be dealt anytime soon. If that changes I like Seattle's chances.

Reaction score
According to ProFootballTalk Vincent Jackson is expected to be handed out a four-game suspension for his two DUI arrests. He's also a multiple offender of the Personal Conduct Policy. Seattle could now wait for his suspension to finish to make a move because the trading deadline is Week 6.

Reaction score
Wonder if Smith is playing hard ball...

If by some odd chance we got Jackson I think that would add an unprecedented dynamic to our receiving core.

Wonder what the Hawks would have to give up....

Reaction score
They want a 1st and a 3rd according to sources. Meaning they would have our first three picks in the 2011 NFL Draft (they got our second via the Charlie Whitehurst deal).

Reaction score
They won't get that, they'll be lucky to get just the 3rd round pick. Jackson is a free sgent after this year and he's suspended for 3 games, no way anyone gives all of that up for a 13 game rental.

UK_Seahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Wait a year, pick him up in Free Agency next year when our team is a bit more ready to compete. Start having subtle little words in his ear now though haha

Reaction score
Bob,

That is irrelevant because any team that trades for him is going to sign him to a long term contract.

I don't believe he's worth a 1st or 1st and 3rd.

I'd give them a 3rd and maybe package a player or two... ie. Branch, and/or JJ (any oppurtunity to get rid of those two).

Reaction score
#ONE;48858 said:
Bob,

That is irrelevant because any team that trades for him is going to sign him to a long term contract.

I don't believe he's worth a 1st or 1st and 3rd.

I'd give them a 3rd and maybe package a player or two... ie. Branch, and/or JJ (any oppurtunity to get rid of those two).

He has to earn the contract, his off the field stuff is kind of making it difficult for that to happen right now. It's not that he's a bad person, he's just made two stupid decisions (DUIs) and he made them waaay to close to each other.

Top Bottom