• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trade Matt for Jay Cutler ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Broncos | Drama with Cutler continues
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:51:40 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels and QB Jay Cutler talked on the phone Monday, March 9, but things were not smoothed over for the disgruntled quarterback. Per a league source, Cutler left the conversation believing he will be traded by the Broncos between now and the NFL Draft if the team finds the right deal. The Broncos previously announced Cutler would not be traded. Cutler thought everything would be smoothed over during the call, but was reportedly told by McDaniels that no one is untradeable. The team told him they expect him to report for their offseason conditioning program, but, per a source, Cutler has not decided if he will report Monday, March 16.

I love Matt...but this could be a way to get young at that position in a hurry...and Cutler has a gun ,don't know if it would be an upgrade or downgrade because both guys are good in different areas........something fun to ponder ;)

Reaction score
Ida- I thought the same thing, but still I would take Matt any day over Jay. Cutler has never won a play-off game and if not mistaken is actually a .500 or worst QB as starter. As a starter his record is 17-20. I do understand he doesn't have the weapons around him, but I'm not so sold on Cutler. I do think he will turn out the best of his class that year and I said that before the draft, but then again Vince Young and Matt Linehart aren't anyone special.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether I would be for or against bringing him here, but if for, I think Cutler would be worth our 1st round pick...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Cutler is good. Real good, IMO. Probably better (or will be) than QBs like Roethlisberger. Had his defense not completely shitted out on him last year, he probably could have been even better.

Reaction score
Well he's a lot younger than Matt, he's got experience in a west coast style of offense... I think it makes sense, but I don't think it will happen.

Reaction score
The reason many coaches DON'T like him is that he always wants to throw 20 yrd down field even if he has to force it vs tossing the easy open 8 yarder. He kills their offense by taking away any rythm. THAT is not a good QB.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
The reason many coaches DON'T like him is that he always wants to throw 20 yrd down field even if he has to force it vs tossing the easy open 8 yarder. He kills their offense by taking away any rythm. THAT is not a good QB.

I seem to remember a Bronco's team that kicked ass last year Marshall and Royal and Cutler were un stoppable...then they lost every running back they had and their D fell apart....but early on they were pretty good..didn't cutler go to the pro bowl ?

Reaction score
Cutler is an amazing young QB who is only getting better, but skill is only one part of a QB's game. What Matt has over Cutler is his leadership and the mental side of his game. The thing that Matt is maybe second best at in the NFL is going through his reads quickly. That pays off huge dividends. Cutler from simply a throwing the ball standpoint however is better than Matt. I do not want this trade to happen. In my mind Matt is the face of this franchise until he proves otherwise. On a side note anyone who brings up Senneca Walace as being a better option at QB than Matt must spend large amounts of time hanging out in an alley huffing paint.

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
wow i can see where everyone is coming from with this topic but matt is not getting any younger and his body is already showing that it just can't keep up with the beatings that it recieves during the season. a lot of you say that Cutler doesn't have enough experience but then again look at last year with no running game and just the passing game he tore up opponents with is arm and accuracy. The only reason they lost so many games last year is cause there defense was just as bad as ours was last year and couldn't stop anyone. As much as i do like matt dont get me wrong now I would understand if Seattle did go for it and i would love to see Cutler play here with the recievers that we now have here.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I guess cutler is a real jerk to his teamates and coaches....They say he's not a nice guy....don't know if he would be a cancer...look at Manny and they said the same thing about him... and boston just threw his ass away, because of it.

Reaction score
I don't think Cutler can handle the fact that he could be traded just as quickly as anyone else on the Broncos and that is how it should be, but he thinks that he is that special guy who should never be touched.

Reaction score
I would personally love a trade like this. Cutler's the stuff, Matt's got 2, MAYBE 3 years left...why not rebuild now with a new coach/staff...

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I would trade Cutler for Hasselbeck straight up any day! Cutler can win right now and will be around for the next twelve years and will only get better. Hasselbeck is great but he's getting older and will only get worse and more injury prone as the years go on. This will not happen though as the Seahawks are pretty content with their quarterback and still I think the Broncos are not going to trade Cutler.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't see this specific trade going down, but I do see something like this happening in the near future, maybe next your or 2010. Hasselbeck won't be a seahawk for very much longer. And if he's out as much this year as he was last year he may go even quicker

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If this trade does not happen (which it likely will not), I would rather draft a QB next year (much better QB class) and keep Hasselbeck and Wallace around until that drafted QB can take over. I cannot think of another trade that would happen that would make long term sense.

Reaction score
I love reading all you PHDs incredibly informed opinion on Matt's heath based on your vast experience in the medical field after personally reviewing his condition during your many one on one visits. Matt Had a bad year in 08. That's it end of story. He had stats wise his best year in 07 and has led his team to a superbowl where they out performed the other team, and I belive he had a QB rating of over 100 in that game. Who knows how Matt's health is, not me and certainly not any of you jerkoffs.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I love reading all you PHDs incredibly informed opinion on Matt's heath based on your vast experience in the medical field after personally reviewing his condition during your many one on one visits. Matt Had a bad year in 08. That's it end of story. He had stats wise his best year in 07 and has led his team to a superbowl where they out performed the other team, and I belive he had a QB rating of over 100 in that game. Who knows how Matt's health is, not me and certainly not any of you jerkoffs.

Based upon your choice of a screen name I know I never have to worry about you being smarter than me...

S

Seattlehawk94

sigpro said:
Based upon your choice of a screen name I know I never have to worry about you being smarter than me...

Says the douchebag who'd rather have a Diabetic who's never done shit over our QB who took us to the Superbowl.

Nice intro to the Huddle going right after a well liked member.. :lol:

Sigpro, HAHAHAHA...Based on your choice of a screen name I'm guessing you are some sort of faggot who makes sigs and thinks he's cool because he's somehow "mastered" something most of us don't give a fuck about.

Congrats, you make sigs but can't get laid..And congrats on bashing our GREATEST QB and wishing we had a guy who could go into a coma from eating a Pez..Your life is an EPIC FAIL.... :lol:

You know where I stand VT....I borderline want to kill some of you anti-Matthew faggots...Fuck, what does the dude need to do to get respect here? Shit, he's ONLY taken us to the Superbowl and ONLY made the ProBowl many times...He's ONLY on pace to SHATTER every record in Seahawks QB history...He's ONLY in his EARLY '30s at the MIDDLE of his PRIME.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
sigpro said:

Says the douchebag who'd rather have a Diabetic who's never done shit over our QB who took us to the Superbowl.

Nice intro to the Huddle going right after a well liked member.. :lol:

Sigpro, HAHAHAHA...Based on your choice of a screen name I'm guessing you are some sort of faggot who makes sigs and thinks he's cool because he's somehow "mastered" something most of us don't give a fuck about.

Congrats, you make sigs but can't get laid..And congrats on bashing our GREATEST QB and wishing we had a guy who could go into a coma from eating a Pez..Your life is an EPIC FAIL.... :lol:

You know where I stand VT....I borderline want to kill some of you anti-Matthew faggots...Fuck, what does the dude need to do to get respect here? Shit, he's ONLY taken us to the Superbowl and ONLY made the ProBowl many times...He's ONLY on pace to SHATTER every record in Seahawks QB history...He's ONLY in his EARLY '30s at the MIDDLE of his PRIME.

Thank you. I am so sick of people saying Matt can't play ball, he gets hurt and people think he is the worst qb ever and we need a replacement right away. He has done so much for the franchise and still has good football left in him. I just can't wait for Matt to shine this year with a better HEALTHY receiving unit and watch him prove all the haters wrong.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
No need to call names, boys and girls. We can have differing opinions without getting personal. Grow up a bit, huh?

The future of the thread is in your hands. Don't let it get locked down.

Top Bottom