• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TOP DEFENSE VS. THE SCRUBS

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
There must have been some people left behind when the bus headed to the stadium... (too bad it was not the offensive play caller).

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Offense did their job, Defense sucked ass. I just dont get how we continue to allow everything underneath. Its like we are committed to stopping everything outside and deep, but the middle is all yours. Even though we have great cover LB's. Well guess what, you give up the middle then not only you give up 1st downs you give up TOP and let thier defense rest.

Reaction score
Now the Optimus Prime thing looks fucking stupid. Might not get a lot of play in the Media, but you can bet the Lions and their fans are laughing about it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I suppose if you care about what the Lions and their fans think, it's a big deal. Sherman was covering Titus most of the day anyways. It almost made the Optimus Prime gig irrelevant.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
they definitely contained Johnson, seemed to have forgotten about everyone else though. And the Vikings offense is a lot like what we saw today too. Better figure it out quick.

OP
BeerBeak

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
There must have been some people left behind when the bus headed to the stadium... (too bad it was not the offensive play caller).
That was sarcasm, the # 1 Defense was somewhere in a Seattle High School practice field today... and if I know a run up the middle is not working, I think we really ought to do it again, and again, and again, (and maybe again), until it finally works ... right ? WTF was today about ?

Reaction score
That's the biggest part of our offense, power running. Lynch only ran 12 times, so I don't know what you're complaining about. If anything he should have gotten more carries.

Reaction score
That's the biggest part of our offense, power running. Lynch only ran 12 times, so I don't know what you're complaining about. If anything he should have gotten more carries.
And we threw 35 times. And usually power behind the left side is money for our offense.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We ran 19 - 133 with most of this from the lynch gash for 70+. Turb got lot of reps today. Wilson had 9 yard scrambel.
Det ran 22-84 which isnt as bad as I thought, there was so many effective screens and dump offs that I was thinkin they were runs. Are D gave up gangles of yards on screens, quick outs/curls.

Reaction score
Stafford had 30+ points in ffl. You know that's a bad day for the defense. I really think something happened that is causing them to play with less confidence. They don't seem as sure of what they are doing. At the start of the season they were flying around, delivering punishing hits, getting after the QB and were stellar against yards after the catch. Now its like they are scared to get burnt by the run or deep ball so they give up the underneath shit all day. One bad game, it happens, 3 in a row and its a trend that worries me.

Reaction score
This is one of those losses where you have to re-evaluate what's going on... Divisional losses happen, especially on the road.. But a loss to the Lions? That should be an eye opener. Hopefully at the end of the year we look back at this loss as the launching point of our season.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well the Pats showed you could dink and dunk on us all day , the 49ers used our aggressiveness on defense to gash us with the run. The middle, the linebackers are getting used up and we don't seem to be adjusting as well at half time like we use to . Coaches need to fix what's happening , Wagner is really good , but he's also a rookie and teams are testing him. The offense is coming along , get this d fixed !

OP
BeerBeak

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
This is one of those losses where you have to re-evaluate what's going on... Divisional losses happen, especially on the road.. But a loss to the Lions? That should be an eye opener. Hopefully at the end of the year we look back at this loss as the launching point of our season.
===
I just relooked at some of this joke of a game
the Defense left something like 450 yards on the field, and 350 yards of that went to passing ! (who knew Detroit passed alot ?)
I am sorry, but I thought our Offensive play calls were like on a time -delay call in (one play off), with no shockers in the mix . . . up the middle up the middle, my group was laughing ...."I wonder if they'll go up the middle ?" especially on long yardage 3rd downs. I agree that hindsight, and post game review "should" give you ways to fix your miscues and repair blown assignments, but, it does little to fix bad (illogical) play call scheming (or doing change up), like up the middle and zero yardage sideways passes to the flats, wanna' bet we will see more of that next game ?.
Defense ? I think we need a new name for what we saw... Defunct works, Defools, or Delay, but wait ! we are one of the best Defenses in the NFL ..
back to my original comment, are you "sure" everyone got on the bus to the stadium yesterday?

Reaction score
===
I just relooked at some of this joke of a game
the Defense left something like 450 yards on the field, and 350 yards of that went to passing ! (who knew Detroit passed alot ?)
I am sorry, but I thought our Offensive play calls were like on a time -delay call in (one play off), with no shockers in the mix . . . up the middle up the middle, my group was laughing ...."I wonder if they'll go up the middle ?" especially on long yardage 3rd downs. I agree that hindsight, and post game review "should" give you ways to fix your miscues and repair blown assignments, but, it does little to fix bad (illogical) play call scheming (or doing change up), like up the middle and zero yardage sideways passes to the flats, wanna' bet we will see more of that next game ?.
Defense ? I think we need a new name for what we saw... Defunct works, Defools, or Delay, but wait ! we are one of the best Defenses in the NFL ..
back to my original comment, are you "sure" everyone got on the bus to the stadium yesterday?
I don't think Doug Baldwin made the trip.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Funny thing is at opening kickoff, it was a touchback, and the ST unit jogged into the endzone, I turned to my GF and said, "they look sluggish" half joking, but little did I know that would be the case all game.

I thought the O-Play calling was better actually, I liked that they got RW in a rythmn by getting some short easy completion stuff going. Few of those flat passes (drops) were bad, but they were able to be effective threw the air. That bomb to Sid was so close! fingertips baby. Zach Miller made a tremendous one handed, double clutched, catch for TD, and how about the 4 and 2 to Tate slant! That took serious balls to call, and Im not sure I agree with it, but it worked.

They were not able to run, anywhere, middle, left right, lead, sweep, pitch, nothing really worked. Pass protection was pretty damn good I thought.

Top Bottom