• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Time for QB change

Reaction score
If they bench Hasselbeck and start one of the High School QBs, they will lose the rest of the season. If Hasselbeck remains the starter, they have a chance at the playoffs or at least another win.

Reaction score
Olyspud;52254 said:
This is Seahawkshuddle, not Coltschatter. I personally don't give a flying frig about what Peyton Manning is doing. I'm talkin' Seahawks and what we should do. It's pretty obvious that 'flipaburger, '94 and some others have a serious hero worship thing going with Hasselpickforsix, but try and stay on subject.

Right, my argument is irrelivant because we're not Colts fans, Peyton has a really similar situation to what Matt is going through. Bad offensive line and injuries to his receivers. This isn't "hero worship" we just realize benching one of our very few good offenisve players isa bad idea.

OP
O

Olyspud

Huddler
Reaction score
Here's one we're never going to agree on. Maybe Hasselbeck will pull a win out of somewhere, but I doubt it. I wish he would. I like the guy. I even flew over to Hawaii one year to watch him in the Pro Bowl. I just think he's past his prime and we've got nothing to lose by trying something else. At the very least, this thread has generated some interest, judging by the number of views. But let's drop it, it's getting boring and soon it'll come down to Me: "Did so!", You: "Did not!" Me: (Hands over ears..."Can't hear you...Nyah, nyah."

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else besides me think that Mike Teel wouldve been a better choice then Whitehirst or Losman??? Last i heard hes Bradys backup in NE.

As far as for Matthew: I want to see him end his career in Seattle. But part of me wants him to go somewhere like Minnesota next year where he could have a lot of success. I want him to win regardless of where hes at. Also, this way anyone that says "Hass is to blame" can eat crow and watch as our team does a COMPLETE nosedive.

K heres where im going to get some criticism:

Hasselbeck had a LEGIT team in 05'. Outstanding line, good receivers, excellent FB (why isnt mack strong in the ring of honor?) Good running game, opportunistic defense, etc etc.

Im a firm believer that ALMOST anyone (including Weed Dealer Whitehirst and Losman) Could be top tier winning QBs with a solid team/good coaching around them.

YOUR QB IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE TEAM AROUND HIM!!!

PERIOD!

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;52277 said:
I wouldn't even call our '05 group of receivers good.. Matt just had good chemistry with them.

That's a fact none of those receivers have done anything before or after Hasselbeck.

Hasselbeck played terrible against the 49ers we can all agree on that.

We also can agree that when you rush for under 40 yards every week, missing your top receiver, having a bad defense, an offensive line that starts a few guys I still have never heard of, etc makes things tough on Hasselbeck.

Since the Super Bowl year Hasselbeck has only had one good year(2007) but Loserman(my bills friends nickname for him) isn't the answer and neither is Whitehurst. Seahawks should resign Hasselbeck and seriously develope a quarterback behind him even if that QB is a first round pick.

" The Seahawks have a tough decision to make at quarterback in the offseason. Matt Hasselbeck is a free agent in the offseason. He has a QB rating of 75.2 and has thrown 12 touchdowns to 15 interceptions. He has two touchdowns to six interceptions the last two weeks. Charlie Whitehurst I think it's safe to say isn't the guy and Hasselbecks numbers aren't very good. Hasselbeck though when he had a healthy Mike Williams was pretty productive. It doesn't matter who the quarterback is without a running game which the Seahawks haven't had since 2005 the year they reached the Super Bowl makes it extremely tough on the quarterback week in and week out."- From my blog post I just finished.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Engram, Jurevicious and D jack?

Its sad to think that that might have been the best receiving core weve ever had lololol. I honestly cant think of a better one in the last 20 years..

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
HawksFan1987;52281 said:
Engram, Jurevicious and D jack?

Its sad to think that that might have been the best receiving core weve ever had lololol. I honestly cant think of a better one in the last 20 years..

I'd say 2007 with Burleson, Branch, Hackett and Engram.

Remember in 2005 D-Jack missed 11 games and Engram missed some time as well. We were starting Peter Warrick some games that year.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thats right. DJ Hackett too if i remember correctly. Man I miss Burleson. Him and BMW would be butter. Thanks a lot for bringing that up man now im sad lol

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;52284 said:
have we ever had a true #1 rec?

Since Largent? Ummm no.

Blades and D-jack were nice but they were #2's. K-Rob was supposed to be a #1 and was in 2002 but overall he wasn't.

Housh again was supposed to be but he was more talk than productive and is a #2 anyways.

Galloway is another one who could have been a #1 as he was pretty explosive but realistically he was a #2 although Dallas gave us two first rounders for him so maybe he was a #1???

S

Seattlehawk94

Largent wasn't a #1.....He was a damn good WR but...A #1? Not a chance....You didn't double Largent, you didn't gameplan to stop Largent...

Galloway....Yeah, he was the only TRUE #1 we've ever had...Teams actually had to gameplan for him because he could score ANYWHERE on the field at anytime...Probably the most explosive player in Seahawks history..

Man you youngin's with no sense of history...lol

Best WR group?

1997:
Galloway: Deep threat, could score anytime from anywhere.
McKnight:: Led NFL in YPC, was amazing on the deep ball (got the drops in 1998)
Pritchard: Made so many acrobatic catches it was unreal...Pulled in a 40 yard bomb with one hand, while falling down, on the sideline marker...and stayed in bounds..Led NFL in 1st Down Recs that year..
Blades: Anytime a catch over the middle was needed...Brian made it...

We WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS in 1997....IF....We didn't have to play ST...We set records that year for worst STs EVER...Yet finished in the Top-10 in Offense and Defense...Only time Hawks have EVER done that...

The rest of this thread is just fucking stupid....Loserman is a joke, go to a fucking Bills board and post your love of Loserman...I'll guess it's 1 post before you are torn up...

Are you related to Just Terrible Loserman? I don't even think his parents want to admit he's their's.....

OP
O

Olyspud

Huddler
Reaction score
2010=Matthew's Revenge alright, except against San Francisco, it was a little more like Montezuma's Revenge. Seriously '94, you need life other than Hasselbeck. He was a pretty good quarterback for a while, but he's past it. I figure you are either Hasselbeck's mother, on here posting about her boy, or some pimply faced twerp who lives in his mommy's basement, wearing number 8 jammies, surrounded by his outdated Star Wars paraphernalia. I know I said that I would quit posting on this, but you're such an ass-lick that I couldn't resist.

S

Seattlehawk94

None of the above....

Just a fan of my team who KNOWS football not some bandwagon faggot from Oly that probably had a hard on for Matty Ice before the bandwagon jumped who brags about having a toothless wife...You=EPIC FAILURE as a fan...

Go back to rooting for Loserman and jacking off to pics of Marv Levy...Fucking wannabe....You've "accomplished" making yourself look like a fuckstick who knows not a damn thing about football...So ya got that going for you....(somehow I picture you looking like the groundskeeper Bill Murray played in Caddyshack, don't ask why but it's just a hunch)..haha...Tell your son Just Terrible he's a bigger lump of shit than Interception Jesus...

seriously 94 you need life other than Hasselbeck

Got one....Just don't turn on heros...Only losers and bandwagon fucks do that shit....

OP
O

Olyspud

Huddler
Reaction score
"probably had a hard on for Matty Ice before the bandwagon jumped"

Shit, you are dumber than an oyster. Don't know how to tell you, but Matty Ice is someone other than Hasselbeck. Watch the next game and you might figure out who it is. As far as clever nicknames go, you kind of missed the boat on Just Terrible Losman too. His initials are J. P., not J. T. so if you want to be insulting, try something like Just Pathetic Losman, or Jumbled Psychotic Losman or something like that. Get it? You musta' got your brains out of a Wheaties box.

S

Seattlehawk94

Olyspud;52306 said:
"probably had a hard on for Matty Ice before the bandwagon jumped"

Shit, you are dumber than an oyster. Don't know how to tell you, but Matty Ice is someone other than Hasselbeck. Watch the next game and you might figure out who it is. As far as clever nicknames go, you kind of missed the boat on Just Terrible Losman too. His initials are J. P., not J. T. so if you want to be insulting, try something like Just Pathetic Losman, or Jumbled Psychotic Losman or something like that. Get it? You musta' got your brains out of a Wheaties box.

Funny because Hasselbeck was called Matty Ice at BC long before the poseur even got out of Jr. High...In fact some BC boards call him "the original Matty Ice" or "Matty Ice Original"..

As far as you go...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You are the fuckstick sucking on Loserman's dick...So you DQed yourself from ever calling anyone "dumb" for the rest of your life....Same with your toothless wife for letting you tubesteak her in the rear...I'm guessing your children play a mean banjo and have spare digits...:rotfl:

Reaction score
HawksFan1987;52273 said:
Does anyone else besides me think that Mike Teel wouldve been a better choice then Whitehirst or Losman??? Last i heard hes Bradys backup in NE.

K I like Mike Teel and i was pissed when we cut him For The Losman and i would rather have him then whithurst.

With that said he doesnt play for The PATS any more :(

Top Bottom