• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thoughts from a Viking's Fan

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
as far as the team goes i agree with frownifdown about alot of wut u said...but even tho i have never thought much of jackson and bevell hasnt shown much other than one year my thought on all of it is, IN CARROLL I TRUST

Reaction score
Well the Steelers really tried making sure Jennings didn't hurt them, but I hear what you're saying.

I think that's what a #1 is, a guy even when he doesn't directly impact a gme impacts it indirectly because teams foccus so much on taking them out of the equation that it opens up opportunities for other players

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Well the Steelers really tried making sure Jennings didn't hurt them, but I hear what you're saying.

I think that's what a #1 is, a guy even when he doesn't directly impact a gme impacts it indirectly because teams foccus so much on taking them out of the equation that it opens up opportunities for other players
exactly, teams have to change there whole defense just for one player....and jennings had a decent game he had like 80 yards and 2 tds, but not very many catches from wut i remember

OP
frownifdown

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
A number one receiver is definitely a real thing. Usually teams consider their most talented WR the #1 and that is the biggest threat to a defense. Jordy might have had the most catches or whatever because other teams are so focused on Jennings and the packers many other weapons.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Why must everyone give their opinion about players they lost? I'm pretty sure I can read the paper or watch ESPN for that. I've seen it time and time again. Vikings fans are so butthurt about losing two players. Get over it already, it's the offseason.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
we gotta give them a chance. no one is happy about t.j but give him a chance. anything better than whitehurst

OP
frownifdown

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
My point is you don't need a #1 receiver to win...

This can get confusing. What defines a #1 receiver? Is it that they are a top WR in the league or a top WR on their team. The last 5 SB winners have been:

Packers - #1 Jennings
Saints - Only team without a true #1 but I think you would put Colston in here
Steelers- #1 Holmes
Giants- #1 Plax
Colts- #1 Wayne

All of these are great WRs and helped their teams a bunch. Of course you don't NEED an elite receiving talent out there, ala the Saints, but if you don't then you are going to need to make up for it by having a bunch of above average WRs, ala the Saints.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I went over to purple pride and they have a 7 page thread on CW vs TJ over half those guys say TJ and Bevel never had a chance to shine .I hope their right !

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Regardless, T-Jax will do better than Hasselbeck, and he would even if we didn't get Rice. He's more athletic, younger, healthy, and has room to improve on, 4 areas Matt lacked.

OP
frownifdown

frownifdown

Huddler
Reaction score
I went over to purple pride and they have a 7 page thread on CW vs TJ over half those guys say TJ and Bevel never had a chance to shine .I hope their right !

Sorry I tried to reply from my nook color last night but somehow my message got erased and I just ended up quoting you, lol. What I was saying last night was that it's hardly half of us over there that believe it, but there are a couple members, like Marrdro and Tad7. Like I said, TJ is one of the most controversial players in purple history and we will be arguing about him until he is out of the league or is stuck as a 3rd string qb on the bills because he failed so bad. There is also a beer bet between a couple members on purple pride on whether TJ will be successful in the NFL and that is why the CW vs TJ thread is so long. But we'll see once the season starts.

Also, do you guys not like CW? I was under the impression that he was one of the most wanted QBs last year and that he did alright for you. I didn't really pay attention, but for some reason I thought he was decent. Is he not?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Let's just say that TJ has had 10 times the opportunity that CW has had , most here hate him . I hope he takes the starting job at some point .

Reaction score
Whitehurst is TERRIBLE at using his eyes. He stares down his receivers as if he were still a rookie, but he's 29.

Top Bottom