• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

So at 6

Reaction score
stl.gif
[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25545[/ame]
Quarterback
OklahomaThe Rams have set up their roster to add a franchise quarterback in the draft. Bradford might not be the highest-rated player on the board, but his selection will give the organization someone to build around. (Mike Sando)
det.gif
[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25542[/ame]
Defensive Tackle
NebraskaThere has been significant debate about the wisdom of giving No. 2 money to a defensive tackle. Oklahoma State left tackle [ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25396[/ame] is a financial alternative. But if the Lions want the best player here, Suh is their man. (Kevin Seifert)
tam.gif
[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25395[/ame]
Defensive Tackle
OklahomaThe Bucs might prefer Suh. But they'll be very happy to add McCoy to the middle of a defensive line that desperately needs help. McCoy has been compared to [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=756"]Warren Sapp Profile - Oakland Raiders - ESPN[/ame]. The Bucs will be thrilled if he's anything close to that. (Pat Yasinskas)
was.gif
Russell Okung
Offensive Tackle
Oklahoma StateWith [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1753"]Donovan McNabb Profile - Washington Redskins - ESPN[/ame] now in the fold, the Skins need someone to protect his blind side. Okung is the most complete left tackle in the draft and he'll be expected to lock down the position for the next 10 years or so. Andy Reid's "genius" prevents Mike Shanahan from making a play for Sam Bradford. (Matt Mosley)
kan.gif
[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25753[/ame]
Safety
TennesseeThe Chiefs would have a decision to make if Okung fell past Washington. Berry has to be the choice over the other available left tackles. Berry can be the impact defender Kansas City desperately needs. (Bill Williamson)

With they guys we want now gone
should we just trade down?

drop back to the 10-12 range
and get DE Brandon Graham?
S [ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25729[/ame] Thomas?
DT Dan Williams?

I think trade down :shok: dammit
come on KC and Skins screw up the draft again

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I have a feeling Trent Williams goes to the Redskins, Chiefs take Okung and then we get Berry. Just a feeling.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;47572 said:
I'm not sure why but I have a feeling Trent Williams goes to the Redskins, Chiefs take Okung and then we get Berry. Just a feeling.

I don't think you can turn down Berry if he is available.

If you had to change it: I think Okung will go to Detroit to protect Stafford. I think Suh will go to Tampa Bay. Trent Williams goes to Washington in #4, KC gets Berry and we get McCoy.

Reaction score
sigpro;47572 said:
I'm not sure why but I have a feeling Trent Williams goes to the Redskins, Chiefs take Okung and then we get Berry. Just a feeling
I wonder what would happen if the Buccaneers decide to take Okung instead of McCoy. I don't think the Redskins would take him since they have Haynesworth, but the Chiefs might.

CHawks4life29

Huddler
Reaction score
My feeling is Okung or Berry falls to the Hawks at 6. If not I see a team wanting to move up and make a trade with Seattle, who that is I don't know but its just my gut feeling. I guess we will find out in 24hrs....Looking forward to tomorrow. GO HAWKS.....

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47575 said:
I wonder what would happen if the Buccaneers decide to take Okung instead of McCoy. I don't think the Redskins would take him since they have Haynesworth, but the Chiefs might.

It's fairly well known at this point that the Chiefs don't want the #5 pick so they could trade down to a team that isn't interested in Mccoy and the Hawks get him; this is highly unlikely but could happen. I guess we'll find out in little over 24 hours. I see the Hawks trading down multiple times in this draft; expect a 3rd rounder at some point, deep draft!

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
CHawks4life29;47577 said:
My feeling is Okung or Berry falls to the Hawks at 6. If not I see a team wanting to move up and make a trade with Seattle, who that is I don't know but its just my gut feeling. I guess we will find out in 24hrs....Looking forward to tomorrow. GO HAWKS.....

I don't think Okung will get past KC. KC is looking for a OL. I'm so excited about the draft too!

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;47579 said:
It's fairly well known at this point that the Chiefs don't want the #5 pick so they could trade down to a team that isn't interested in Mccoy and the Hawks get him; this is highly unlikely but could happen. I guess we'll find out in little over 24 hours. I see the Hawks trading down multiple times in this draft; expect a 3rd rounder at some point, deep draft!

Never really thought of Seahawks trading down from the #6 pick. So what do you get in return for the #6 pick?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It would likely take a 1st and a 2nd to get to pick 6. And there is no way the Bucs don't draft McCoy... he is exactl what they need.

If Okung, Berry, McCoy, Suh, and Bradford are all gone, we either get a DB (Haden or Thomas) or preferably... trade down. Not sure who would want to go there, though. And KC really, really needs a LT. Cassel is getting killed.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I was thinking of the Hawks trading down from #14; I bet the Eagles would love to move up and take Earl Thomas in front of a bunch of teams who would want to draft him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Lot of teams would love to trade down, but doesnt sound like its gonna happen. Teams want more picks in the deep draft class.

I did a mock draft with a friend last night and this is what we got:

In both E. Berry was off the board @ 6:

#6 OT Trent Williams / OT Brian Buluga

#14 DE Dereck Morgan / DE Jason Peirre- Paul

Spiller dropped to Texans @ 20
Clausen dropped to Vikings @ 32

Wouldnt be too upset with either set.
:good:

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
If we don't take Berry we better take Thomas there

sigpro;47590 said:
I was thinking of the Hawks trading down from #14; I bet the Eagles would love to move up and take Earl Thomas in front of a bunch of teams who would want to draft him.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Gotta get rid of that 6 pick if those were our choices

I'd take Thomas over the JPP maybe even DM
Where was Haden in your mock? He is also better than anything on our team.

szat;47594 said:
Lot of teams would love to trade down, but doesnt sound like its gonna happen. Teams want more picks in the deep draft class.

I did a mock draft with a friend last night and this is what we got:

In both E. Berry was off the board @ 6:

#6 OT Trent Williams / OT Brian Buluga

#14 DE Dereck Morgan / DE Jason Peirre- Paul

Spiller dropped to Texans @ 20
Clausen dropped to Vikings @ 32

Wouldnt be too upset with either set.
:good:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like E. Thomas too, but his rank is at middle of 1st didnt want to reach and DE fell to #14 another need.

How do you propose we address our OT issue?

Haden went 13 SF, I wouldnt have taken him over Either DE.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Both the DE IMO are products of the combine

I read that Cleveland is looking to take Thomas at 7

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47595 said:
If we don't take Berry we better take Thomas there

That's why we should take Berry at 6, trade down out of #14 to the 20's and Take Charles Brown and pick up a 3rd rounder.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Cleveland's biggest need is S... and QB. But - Holmy doesn't like Claussen. So - they hope Seattle is DUMB enough to take the 2nd or 3rd best OT at 6 even if Berry is on the board. If not, Thomas makes sense. Some people have Thomas ahead of Berry even. That's a litle nuts, but Thomas is a better talent than most other options at 6. I think Haden is better, but the Browns don' need a CB.

As for my "DUMB" comment... I still don't understand why we would reach for an OT that isn't worthy of the pick at 6. Okung is the only top-10 talent. Williams I wouldn't touch... he gave up way too many hits last season. Bulaga, Davis, Campbell, Brown... can we really say one of them is that much better than the other? Brown is my favorite, but I wouldn't take him at 6. So why pass up on the talent that will be there at 6 when we can get someone just as good at 14? The Chiefs may need to reach because they don't have another 1st round pick and 6 more OTs will be off the board before they pick in the 2nd round. They HAVE to protect Cassel, which is why Berry isn't an option for them.

Top Bottom