• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seneca Wallace to the Browns

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I never said I wanted Tebow in here. I personally think we needed to get Teel some playing time last year to at least see what he could bring to the table. As of right now, we have just Hass as a proven commodity. We wouldn't, as an organization, bring in Tebow for a personal work-out if we were not seriously thinking about drafting him. Hopefully in about round 6, but still.

And what free agent QB's are out there that you would like if Hass goes down again...Jake Delhomme, Derek Anderson, Kyle Boller, JP Losman...I personally do not want to see any of them in a Seahawk uniform...

By losing Wallace we lost in the very least a stop gap in the offense if Hass were to go down again. Our season depends upon the health of Hass.

Reaction score
I don't think drafting a QB makes a lot of sense unless they release Teel or put him on the practice squad. Hasselbeck has had a lot of injuries these past few years so having two guys behind him with no real experience doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reaction score
This team is not going to the playoffs. Playing young guys if a vet goes down is how a team gets better for the next year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bigtexhawk;45884 said:
I never said I wanted Tebow in here. I personally think we needed to get Teel some playing time last year to at least see what he could bring to the table. As of right now, we have just Hass as a proven commodity. We wouldn't, as an organization, bring in Tebow for a personal work-out if we were not seriously thinking about drafting him. Hopefully in about round 6, but still.

And what free agent QB's are out there that you would like if Hass goes down again...Jake Delhomme, Derek Anderson, Kyle Boller, JP Losman...I personally do not want to see any of them in a Seahawk uniform...

By losing Wallace we lost in the very least a stop gap in the offense if Hass were to go down again. Our season depends upon the health of Hass.

Releasing Wallace opens up the door for QB in the draft whether it be at #6 (Bradford) or #40 (McCoy) or later (tebow).

Teal will then be come the #2 or #3 depending on who we get. Teal has more potential as a back up then Seneca did, we knew what Seneca had to offer, his complete potential. Plus, correct me if Im wrong, but Teal is probably alot better on the books then Seneca.

Reaction score
szat;45898 said:
Releasing Wallace opens up the door for QB in the draft whether it be at #6 (Bradford) or #40 (McCoy) or later (tebow).

Teal will then be come the #2 or #3 depending on who we get. Teal has more potential as a back up then Seneca did, we knew what Seneca had to offer, his complete potential. Plus, correct me if Im wrong, but Teal is probably alot better on the books then Seneca.
Hopefully Teel was a sleeper, but everyone is starting over with the new offense. I'm sure Teel has received the playbook and has been studying it though. That alone should give him an advantage over anyone they bring in.

Reaction score
phaZe;45901 said:
Hopefully Teel was a sleeper, but everyone is starting over with the new offense. I'm sure Teel has received the playbook and has been studying it though. That alone should give him an advantage over anyone they bring in.
i like Teel he has a strong arm.... good Accuracy and does good under pressure hopefully he can play strong for us this year...if we need him.

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
No way in hell would Seneca make a top 3 reciever! Teel is decent, but i dont think he'll ever be a great nfl starter. And it would not surprise me at all if we took Tebow at #40! The seahawks are not known for having good draft days,.....personaly i think the last good pic we had was Lofa!!!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why do people like Teel so much? He was okay in college and even Wallace was as good or better than him in preseason. If the guy works out into something, awesome. But I have no idea why people think he is SO much better than Wallace.

Reaction score
Number 18;45917 said:
Why do people like Teel so much? He was okay in college and even Wallace was as good or better than him in preseason. If the guy works out into something, awesome. But I have no idea why people think he is SO much better than Wallace.

Wallace has been in the NFL for seven years and Teel was a rookie performing better then wallace in preseason thats why i like him...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll give you that he has more upside because he is a second year player and Wallace is an eighth year player, but the numbers in preseason don't show any significant improvement in Teel over Wallace. The stats are readily available...

I don't think Wallace is very good, but I definitely don't buy into Teel as anything but a development project at this point...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;45924 said:
I'll give you that he has more upside because he is a second year player and Wallace is an eighth year player, but the numbers in preseason don't show any significant improvement in Teel over Wallace. The stats are readily available...

I don't think Wallace is very good, but I definitely don't buy into Teel as anything but a development project at this point...

I dont think anyone saying he's the next starter, he's a back up QB and a project. But in regards to comparison to wallace, He's got more potential, has a better stronger/longer arm, can see over his lineman so can throw over the middle verses Seneca who only knows how to roll out of the pocket and throw to the sidelines or run out of bounds for a loss.
He just looks more like a QB then the M. Vick wanna be.

IMO of course....:sword:

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45911 said:
30-
I think it's LB David Hawthorne who was undrafted.

True, keyword there being "undrafted" though. Im just saying we're not known for drafting too many franchise type players latly.

Reaction score
apparently we got a 7th round pick in 2011 for seneca...

i think thats really stupid he is going to most likely be their starter... we should at least get a fourth round pick.

Top Bottom