• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seattle Seahawks to Follow an Old Pattern to Land Their New Quarterback?

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
The Green Bay connection makes for reasonable & interesting speculation in that article. Would the Seahawks actually be happier with Flynn, than they are with Tarvaris right now? I kind of doubt it, as Jackson has put together a surprisingly solid season after the team had such a bad beginning with the o-line rebuild. My guess is that Whitehurst is the QB that will be displaced for a younger seadling, but there are a lot of variables not worked out yet.

OP
Ballzdeep

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
The Green Bay connection makes for reasonable & interesting speculation in that article. Would the Seahawks actually be happier with Flynn, than they are with Tarvaris right now? I kind of doubt it, as Jackson has put together a surprisingly solid season after the team had such a bad beginning with the o-line rebuild. My guess is that Whitehurst is the QB that will be displaced for a younger seadling, but there are a lot of variables not worked out yet.

I think whitehurst is gone. TJ will stay,if they do get this guy from GB he would have to beat out TJ. I really hope they draft a qb though. I think TJ is a gawd awful qb,so whoever comes in i feel should be able to beat him out.Or i can only hope.I really believe that if pete thinks Jackson is the future of the team,it will cost him his job.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Agreed Ballzdeep. I really believe T-jack will be the starter next year (Unless Brees decides he doesn't like the climate In 'Orleans..LOL) Seriously though, if the Hawks draft a QB, TJ is still the starter for next a season at least. Charlie is trade bait, and not much at that even as a second. TJ would make an excellant #2 concidering our options. In the perfect world, Draft an up, and coming QB to learn the system for a year, maybe two?, and let this new team learn how to play with each other. Even with the injuries to our Rookies on the OL, I'm somewhat impressed. Heck, before Carpenter went down, he was showing improvement. God, think about the last three Season's OL wise. HORRIBLE! I'm stoked as far as what will be in the upcoming next two seasons. This Defence with a year or two under their belt, and a coheasive Offence, LOOK OUT, anything can happen, it's there for the taking.

OP
Ballzdeep

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
Agreed Ballzdeep. I really believe T-jack will be the starter next year (Unless Brees decides he doesn't like the climate In 'Orleans..LOL) Seriously though, if the Hawks draft a QB, TJ is still the starter for next a season at least. Charlie is trade bait, and not much at that even as a second. TJ would make an excellant #2 concidering our options. In the perfect world, Draft an up, and coming QB to learn the system for a year, maybe two?, and let this new team learn how to play with each other. Even with the injuries to our Rookies on the OL, I'm somewhat impressed. Heck, before Carpenter went down, he was showing improvement. God, think about the last three Season's OL wise. HORRIBLE! I'm stoked as far as what will be in the upcoming next two seasons. This Defence with a year or two under their belt, and a coheasive Offence, LOOK OUT, anything can happen, it's there for the taking.

Yeah, to ME, this team is literally one player away from being a top notch team. QB is the problem, we need a qb that can deliver accurate,on time passes. TJ just can't process at game speed,it takes him 5 seconds to do what a good qb takes 3 seconds to do.(That's make reads) Those exta few seconds get him sacked constantly,or cause his throws to look amateurish.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Agreed again, not to mention the Defensive coverage having those few more seconds to read the play, and get into coverage! He's getting better, but he has a bad habit of looking down his primary reciever also. The first few games were insane as far as that. THAT, and penalties cost us three for sure, and maybe the Cowboys game

OP
Ballzdeep

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
Agreed again, not to mention the Defensive coverage having those few more seconds to read the play, and get into coverage! He's getting better, but he has a bad habit of looking down his primary reciever also. The first few games were insane as far as that. THAT, and penalties cost us three for sure, and maybe the Cowboys game

That cowboys game made me sick. I can't stand the cowgirls and want to beat them so bad. I still think they are better than dallas even with an average qb. Problem is,we have a below average qb. But yeah, we let a few get away! Could actually have a winning record .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess this is a possibilitty, but even tho this is a schnieder draft pick, i think the FO would look at draft senerios before looking FA, exspecially if they have to wait a whole another season. I will say Tjack has improve with this team and staff so that could buy more time for before gettin young qb.

Reaction score
Sign Flynn, he's a FA so it costs us no picks. Trade our 1st, 2nd and 3rd for a top 5 and grab Barkley. I think with the last two drafts and FA Pete and John have put us in position to burn a few picks for that elite QB.

Having both Flynn, Barkley and TJack wouldnt be a bad QB core.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Ballzdeep,
Getting back on topic for a minute, Tarvaris has a better quarterback rating this season than Hasselbeck had in his last season(s) with this team. Not by much, but it's enough to state the point that quarterback isn't the problem with this team. Flynn's numbers would be quite a drop off, from what we are used to seeing, and LSU is all about defense.

I'm aligning myself with 'Chaos Theory' as far as the QB position goes, and there are more important positions to fill:
1 - Since Hasselbeck is the measuring stick in these parts, Tarvaris Jackson is better than him, according to numbers.
2 - Seahawks have already won to many games to draft Luck or Barkley. Don't count on any Qb's from Milton college.
3 - The defense and special teams here are pretty good. So are the running backs and receivers. Unless...
4 - What this team needs on offense is a healthy & stoudt offensive line; LT, LG, RG, and perhaps RT as well.
5 - What this team needs on defense is a stud OLB that can turn people upside down while sacking the opposing QB.

It's either sell the farm and trade up to get a QB (I am in favor of this), or continue building a 1970/80's style of smash mouth Washington Redskins football team here in Seattle, but league rules are currently against that philosphy.

OP
Ballzdeep

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
He's not even close to being as good as Hass!LOL That's just funny. Last year the team sucked,?BMW was the only reciever that was any good last year. Not the same team. Hass is throwing to far worse tallent now,and until the last two games was a top 10 qb this year.Just no comparison! T-joke is horrible,can't stand him being on my team,it's an embarassment.There are other qb's in the draft besides Luck and Barkley.I wanted barkley,but probably won't happen now,they will still be able to get RG3 ,or Landry Jones. I don't know,i'm just surprised anyone would try to say T-suck is as good as Hass.But to each their own!

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think QB is the final piece of the puzzle to fill. Not saying it isnt important but a NFL QB is only as successful as the team around him. Aaron Rodgers is the only exception. I believe if you put Rodgers on ANY team they could be a SB contender immediately. That dude is something else..

Reaction score
I REALLY don't want RG3. I'd be fine with Jones, but he's a little bit more of a project than Barkley or Luck.

S

Seattlehawk94

Bleacher Report is for illiterates and kid writers who don't know really anything about sports and have to use pictures to define their "writing" would get my "news" from The Onion before those asshats..

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
He's not even close to being as good as Hass!LOL That's just funny. Last year the team sucked,?BMW was the only reciever that was any good last year. Not the same team. Hass is throwing to far worse tallent now,and until the last two games was a top 10 qb this year.Just no comparison! T-joke is horrible,can't stand him being on my team,it's an embarassment.There are other qb's in the draft besides Luck and Barkley.I wanted barkley,but probably won't happen now,they will still be able to get RG3 ,or Landry Jones. I don't know,i'm just surprised anyone would try to say T-suck is as good as Hass.But to each their own!
Perhaps you should visit the seahawks.com site and actually look at the production numbers of the two quarterbacks. Reviewing the actual facts is what changed my opinion, which by the way, used to be the same as yours.

OP
Ballzdeep

Ballzdeep

Huddler
Reaction score
Perhaps you should visit the seahawks.com site and actually look at the production numbers of the two quarterbacks. Reviewing the actual facts is what changed my opinion, which by the way, used to be the same as yours.

LMAO Perhaps you should do just that, study up. I do plenty of studying,that's why i',m 12-0 in my fantasy league,i know the good players when i see them. Like i said, not even close. I don't care about last year. They were a different team last year. LOL better than hass....
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=1056475

Top Bottom