• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks were targeting DT with 1st pick

Idahawk

Reaction score
dominiqueeasly.jpg
Getty Images
While there was a pool of quarterbacks that many thought would lead to a rush of moves late in the first round, only the Seahawks bailed out to someone could take one.

And that move was apparently triggered as much by the Seahawks missing the target of their preference as much as the Vikings wanting Teddy Bridgewater.

Via the SeattlePI.com, the Seahawks were visibly deflated when the Patriots took Florida defensive tackle Dominique Easley 29th overall.

If well, Easley would be exactly the kind of inside rusher the Seahawks covet. But the Patriots did too, which left them willing to move out of the first round altogether.

Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a Florida fan said the kid is an "animal".

He fits that DE/DT hybrid that the Seahawks seem to covet. Edge guy on run downs and swings inside as an interior pass rusher on passing downs. Similar to Bennett

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I wonder if the Hawks would have traded up a few spots if they weren't short a 3rd round pick this year. Easley projected as a 2nd round pick though so they probably weren't excpecting him to be gone at 32.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
This from a Bleacher Report article on Easley titled: Why Dominique Easley Is the Most Overlooked Prospect In the Draft.

"Whoever takes Easley will be getting the best value of the draft, as he is a top-10 talent with the potential to be a dominant pass-rusher at the next level. As ESPN’s Chris Sprow pointed out during Florida’s game against Miami last year, Easley was just about unstoppable when he was on the field."

"The San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks are great first-round fits for Easley, as they both are looking for defensive line depth but don’t have an immediate need. Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots also love the type of versatility Easley brings to the defensive line and could be interested at No. 29."

Damn.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I think I may be the only person here who didn't want Easley. 2 ACL tears is enough for me to say pass. I doubt it'll happen but I REALLY am hoping for Xavier Su'a -Filo or Kony Ealy. I think they are an extreme value where we would be picking today.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I was surprised when NE took them, alittle off grid, but sounds like a sleeper.

There are a ton of DT's left on the board, 3 with 1st round talent.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
There's practically no bad picks in the 2nd round , New England snaked us , but nice to know our talent evaluation level is on par with one of the great organizations in the NFL , and maybe we did just get lucky 2 tears ...is scary .

Top Bottom