• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks to cut JP?

Reaction score
Sad, JP is one of my personal favorites on the team. There is an awful lot of money sitting at the LB spot however.

Reaction score
KJR isn't exactly the most credible source. So until I hear someone who actually knows what they're talking about say it, I'm not going to put too much stock into it.

Either way, like 18 said, if we could get Curry I wouldn't be too upset with losing Peterson.

Reaction score
I hope not. JP was our only Pro Bowler on the defense this season. Which was an accomplishment when you look at our D. I think he is still a force and will show that this season.

Reaction score
KJR is not a credable source at all, JP will most likely stay in Seattle but if he does leave we need to take Curry at #4

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Houshmandzadeh18 said:
KJR is not a credable source at all, JP will most likely stay in Seattle but if he does leave we need to take Curry at #4

Uh....

That's two people who've said that...

How EXACTLY are they NOT credable? I'm curious....They are the only (till April) sports station in Seattle, they get inside info faster and better than both (soon to be one) newspapers and are usually on top of things.

They've broken more stories in this town in sports over the last 20 years than anywhere else. I trust KJR more than I trust guys like Larry "Junior Signed with the Braves" Stone and their ilk.

Claire is the exception to that rule....But the Penis Inhaler is folding and Claire feeds KJR inside info all the time.

Reaction score
I think this is the same situation that led the Colts to cut Marvin Harrison. The Colts wanted him to take a pay cut and he refused, so they decided to cut him.

I love JP, he is a great LB, but he makes way too much money. If we do part ways with him, I'd much rather trade the guy than just cut him. He is too good of a player to just get nothing out of it other than more cap room.

76hawksfan

Huddler
Reaction score
i will say one thing though about Ruskell and LB's, he has a pretty good record drafting them in later rounds. if we could pick up Curry or Orakpo i think we will be ok.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The team is very High on David Hawthorne our 23 year old LB

we spend a 4 pick on a LB then we are right back where we started $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and would have to cut or trade another linebacker next year ?? We didn't do this to get younger at linebacker , we did this to save money....to get leroy deal done..we all knew in the back of our minds that 3 big money backers was not going to work.....Thanks JP you were awesome !

76hawksfan

Huddler
Reaction score
Idahawk said:
The team is very High on David Hawthorne our 23 year old LB

we spend a 4 pick on a LB then we are right back where we started $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and would have to cut or trade another linebacker next year ?? We didn't do this to get younger at linebacker , we did this to save money....to get leroy deal done..we all knew in the back of our minds that 3 big money backers was not going to work.....Thanks JP you were awesome !

i concure

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Once we franchised Hill I thought this was possbile, if not probable.

I wasnt completely in love with JP, he never lived up to his potential in my opinion; But was a damn good player.
With our LB core, Hawethorne, D.D., Laury, I think we are okay.

And then trading with Lions who are projected to take Curry at #3? Now A.Curry could and will likely fall to us. At #4 that is a steal boys, believe me, he will be worth the money. I beg to differ; but very smart move again Ruskell.

We will have the strongest, headiest, LB starting line in the NFL with some youth. Plus an improved DT core and another draft pick because of the move.

Good Luck JP-

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I never really had a true problem with Ruskell, but now it's on it's WAR TIMMAY!!!!

94 and I welcome you to the dark side.....

Peterson took the money....LT took less to stay in san diego ....what kind of guy do you want on your team ? I guess JP would rather be richer then win..so not my type of guy , but at the same time I can't really blame him..if the seahawks low balled him...then our bad..but....it business....

Peterson went from the pro bowl to the toilet bowl....

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Hawk096 said:
I never really had a true problem with Ruskell, but now it's on it's WAR TIMMAY!!!!

94 and I welcome you to the dark side.....

Peterson took the money....LT took less to stay in san diego ....what kind of guy do you want on your team ? I guess JP would rather be richer then win..so not my type of guy , but at the same time I can't really blame him..if the seahawks low balled him...then our bad..but....it business....

Peterson went from the pro bowl to the toilet bowl....
Technically, he was a backup for the Pro Bowl. ;)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Happens every year, one of your favorites is cut. Hasent happened to me yet, but I think it will be bobby.
Well I heard porkchop signed somewhere else, not sure its confirmed. Bummer.

Reaction score
szat said:
Once we franchised Hill I thought this was possbile, if not probable.

I wasnt completely in love with JP, he never lived up to his potential in my opinion; But was a damn good player.
With our LB core, Hawethorne, D.D., Laury, I think we are okay.

And then trading with Lions who are projected to take Curry at #3? Now A.Curry could and will likely fall to us. At #4 that is a steal boys, believe me, he will be worth the money. I beg to differ; but very smart move again Ruskell.

We will have the strongest, headiest, LB starting line in the NFL with some youth. Plus an improved DT core and another draft pick because of the move.

Good Luck JP-
Lions have the 1st pick in the draft, not the 3rd. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Lions still drafted Curry, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't draft another WR, which actually makes sense because they lost Roy Williams and don't really have much talent below Johnson. They actually picked up Colbert if that shows how bad they are...:D

Top Bottom