• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Interested in Lynch?

Reaction score
According to Yahoo Sports Charles Robinson the Buffalo Bills want a 2nd-round pick in exchange for the one time Pro Bowl Running Back Marshawn Lynch and one team that has supposedly expressed interest is Seattle. Lynch has had some off the field problems since the Bills took him in the first-round of the 2007 NFL Draft out of California. Among those incidents have been a hit-and-run, possession of a loaded gun and sexual assault claims by his ex-girlfriend (he was never charged for that). Throughout his NFL Career he has piled up 2,601 yards and scored 18 touchdowns- 17 of them from the running side. Currently the Seahawks have been projected to take CJ Spiller with their 14th overall pick in the upcoming 2010 NFL Draft. They do still have Justin Forsett and Julius Jones under contract for the upcoming 2010 season.

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
I have to say, I'm a real fan of Marshawn Lynch's play as a running back. He could be the perfect compliment to Forsett.

Now, this does raise conflicts with the Marshall trade, because obviously we only have one 2nd round pick, and I would rather grab Marshall when you consider that both of these players have off the field issues. I don't see any scenario where we get both Lynch and Marshall (although it would be great from a football perspective), unless possibly if we move around in the 1st round in some way.

But: Hasselbeck + Forsett/Lynch + Marshall/Housh + Carlson = a potent offense from a skill position perspective.

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
I am very confused right now?.............why are we lookin at RB all over the place? Is that our biggest problem? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An RB is an RB behind a sh**y O-Line!

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe a 5th... but there are also rumblings Buf might cut him. How bout we send Buff our final compensation for Seneca!

Reaction score
Lynch would be a beast in the backfield...

I say send them Julius Jones and a 4th or 5th round pick and call it a day.

He and Justin played together at Cal, and I think the two could really make for a potent 1, 2 punch!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why is it that our last FO wanted a bunch of pretty boys and this FO wants anyone with a rap sheet? Who's next? Pacman Jones? Plaxico Burress? Can't we find a middle ground?

Reaction score
Number 18;47141 said:
Why is it that our last FO wanted a bunch of pretty boys and this FO wants anyone with a rap sheet? Who's next? Pacman Jones? Plaxico Burress? Can't we find a middle ground?

Well we know the first way doesn't work...

Before Ruskell got here, Holmgren and the previous FO did not mind taking a risk on guys with "character issues"...

Those were the players that got us to the SB, since then look at what Ruskells "good ole boy" have gotten us... 9 wins in two seasons.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree you can't go Ruskell's way. But you also have to think swinging the pendulum the other way would have to have a similar effect. Dealing with a team stocked up with criminals doesn't sound like a great way to go to me. Sure, take some risks, but I wouldn't want the core of my team always in jeopardy of getting suspended.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Exactly right, got to find a middle ground here. I think PC thinks he can turn everyone around with his "affirmation speaches " and maybe he can.

But RB?? Yeah the draft is mega deep at this position. Keep your picks dudes!

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
He runs harder then any seattle seahawks back in the last 5 years. he runs with power and good vision and doesnt fumble. he doesnt dance behind the line and hes strong to run up the gut something forsett isnt as strong at. i would love to sign him maybe offer julius jones and 4th round pick or 2 4's. He would make our backfield a good one. speed and power.

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
With all of the undervalued trades going on this off season, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the let Lynch go for a 4th rounder. It could be even less than that, if they do decide trade him. I think it mostly depends about how strongly they feel about Spiller, who they could easily take with their 9th pick.

But I for one would welcome Lynch and start him immediately.

Top Bottom