• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks draft history " Best class ever " ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Here's a list of players we've drafted over the years , I know a few of those picks still make me sick to my stomach ...

Seahawks have never had the 1st overall in the regular draft , but in the 1987 supplemental draft they won the lottery and got Bosworth....some luck that was ? But I still think its cool to have never been dead last and awarded the first pick overall dispite some really awful teams over the years .

Based on quality , not quantity which season would you call the greatest draft in team history ?

Who's the greatest player the Seahawks have ever drafted ?

Keep in mind players like Largent and Zorn weren't drafted by the Seahawks . Largent was acquired in trade and Zorn signed as a FA .
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/draft.htm

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Greatest player drafted is Walter Jones. Best draft was the year Russell Wilson was drafted since a Super Bowl winning QB trumps all others.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Dude Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl ? That doesn't trump much IMO

but that is a very strong draft class as is the season before that , I'll give you that .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
2012 I know its early, but Its the draft with the most hits. Mainly because of one man, that could be ROH or even a HOF some day. that's Rdub!

Runner up for me is 2010.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl ? That doesn't trump much IMO

but that is a very strong draft class as is the season before that , I'll give you that .

My point was as a Seahawk. Yes Dilfer and a couple others come to mind but they didn't contribute as Seahawks. It is noted that you compared Wilson to Dilfer, something even I wouldn't do.;)

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
2012 I know its early, but Its the draft with the most hits. Mainly because of one man, that could be ROH or even a HOF some day. that's Rdub!

Runner up for me is 2010.

If RW's career ended now, he'd have a good chance of making it into the ROH.
Kinda interesting that 3 of the top drafts in franchise history, including 2011, has happened in the last 4 years. 2012 might end up being even better if Scruggs pans out. The Hawks are pretty stoked about him.
Jury's still out on 2013 but it's looking pretty promising as well.

Top Bottom