• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Draft "1st 4 rounds"

Reaction score
1.Seattle Seahawks: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

2.Seattle Seahawks: Evander Hood, DT, Missouri

3.Seattle Seahawks: Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest

4.Seattle Seahawks: Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa

Idahawk

Reaction score
Houshmandzadeh18 said:

Shonn Green is like the 4th or 5th best back in the draft how could he fall to the forth round ? He may go in the first , second at the latest

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Houshmandzadeh18 said:

Shonn Green is like the 4th or 5th best back in the draft how could he fall to the forth round ? He may go in the first , second at the latest

His combine wasn't that good, and his stock dropped, he looks to be a 2nd-3rd at the latest. But not a fourth, and I would be surprised if he went in the first.

Reaction score
I actually agree with still taking a WR even though we picked up Housh. Branch is in his 30's and so is Housh and Burleson is getting up there. We really don't have anyone who can take over and be as good of players as those 3 can be/have been. Branch seems to be injury prone, Burleson and Housh are both guys who rarely get hurt and if Branch goes down we really don't have anyone. Adding depth to a position won't do anything if you don't add talent or potential talent to it.

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
i don't know i see us passing up on crabtree which really does hurt my feelings but i do see Seattle taking Raji with the first round pick that would solve one of our problems on defense. Which is right up the middle and this pick would also take alot of pressure off of Kerney and give us more depth at this position

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Houshmandzadeh18 said:

From what we keep hearing the fourth overall pick is going to go to the best available player instead of filling a team need. I think that's not the whole truth. If it is than the Hawks will still take Crabtree fourth overall. I think they will take either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe; which ever left tackle the Rams do not take at the number two spot. I still think they should take Raji at four. The Seahawks are also very high on C Max Unger, S Michael Hamlin, and DT Terrance Taylor who might be drafted by the hawks in rounds two,three and four respectively. RB Shonn Greene has slipped big time with his bad fourty yard dash and small hand measurement and he might slip to the late third or early fourth round and if available we should snag him and thank our lucky stars. I like DT Chris Baker out of Hampton, the guy is 326 pounds and he ran 5.02 fourty yard dash and had a 35.5 inch vertical, that is impressive! If he dipped past the second or third round he might be someone to look at.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
With Crabtree and the other receivers Hasselbeck should have a great year. He might also appreciate some young talent at OL too.

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
as much as i would love to see crabtree in a seahawk uniform i dont think its going to happen fellas. I have a feeling that the seahawks are going to end up trading away the 4th overall pick to someone else who not to sure yet but seattle is going to trade down.

Reaction score
I heard a rumor about Philly possibly wanting to trade for our pick because They need O line help so badly. Seems awfully far to drop to me, especially when I think we need Walt's replacement, but who knows.

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I heard a rumor about Philly possibly wanting to trade for our pick because They need O line help so badly. Seems awfully far to drop to me, especially when I think we need Walt's replacement, but who knows.

Thats funny because I am completely sold on us taking an o-lineman with that pick..at this point...

this denver thing could impact the draft...we could see a new player at the top if they wanted cutler bad enough

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't see the Seahawks trading down basically because no one wants to trade up and shell out a bunch of dough in this economy. I see them either drafting Eugene Monroe after Jason Smith is off the board or taking Crabtree and cut Branch.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
vanillathrilla said:

Thats funny because I am completely sold on us taking an o-lineman with that pick..at this point...

this denver thing could impact the draft...we could see a new player at the top if they wanted cutler bad enough
I think it would be a good move for the Lions, but then who would the Broncos draft? Stafford is a possiblity if they do go through with the trade and don't get a QB or they could just rely on Simms.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:

They'd have to throw in A LOT... More than they're going to be willing to give up... Our pick is really valuable...

Plus there are 2 really good linebackers in this draft... We've kind of created a need with the JP trade, that's why I think we're going to take Orakpo or Curry.

Idahawk

Reaction score
If there are 12-15 teams that are interested in Jay Cutler, wouldn't one of them want to move up to 4 to take Sanchez ? Gawd knows why , but QB's are few and far between. And if you need one you need one.

Tampa Bay has big money to spend and needs a QB. We could be just the team they are looking for...we have no glaring needs, just going take the best player available with our pick, I think if we stay at 4 we take the OL , if we trade down its for a CB or a RB.....so i have narrowed it down to 3 guys until tomorrow ;)

Top Bottom