• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks defense...

Reaction score
"Seattle's rush defense, which is ranked first in the league with 3.1 yards per carry."

Is this true??

According to this article by CBS Sports it is:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20111030_CIN@SEA/bengalsseahawks-preview

I knew they were stout against the run, but I hadn't realized they were #1. A lot of this is thanks to Big Red. He should be defensive MVP... guy is a beast. Not the smartest, but he is a physical speciman. You know the guy is special, when despite the fact he weighs 330LBs, he's able to get up there and block not one, but two field goals!!

I am worried a bit about the CB situation. Reminds me of 2008, when all of our WRs were dropping like flies.... hope Thurmond was the last of the casulties.

Reaction score
Yeah, its true. They mentioned this on last week's broadcast. Red gets a lot of attention, as he should, but Branch and Mebane in the middle have been really good too and the linebackers fill all the gaps, the safeties come down and and play the run aggressively... The entire defense is very well coached against the run.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah, can't forget Kam Bam! Love that guy! He's looking like a steal now. Guy is the size of a LB.... even though it was after a big gain, I loved how he slammed the RB into the ground towards the end of the Cleveland game.

Plus he can play the open field well. Hes got a couple picks and has good range. He should've picked off Manning on that circus Cruz TD catch. Also, don't remember which game it was, but he would've had another nice pick if he and Marcus weren't going for the same ball. Ended up knocking one another on the ground.

Reaction score
I mentioned the safeties. ET plays the run well too, obviously he can't hit quite like Kam can but he's quick like a CB and can tackle like a safety should be able to.

Reaction score
I mentioned the safeties. ET plays the run well too, obviously he can't hit quite like Kam can but he's quick like a CB and can tackle like a safety should be able to.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Pats released Leigh Bodden... he's a big guy 6'1" 200LB. Fits Petes type of CB. He was pretty good until he got hurt last season.

Any chance Hawks pick him up.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised... On the other hand maybe once Lewis and Maxwell are healthy they'll just want to see what all of these young guys can do.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
hawethorne has stepped it up last 2 games, and Hill is having a come back year!
Shit dont forget the rotation up front, Mebane, Branch, Hardgrove ( a great find!), the only weak spot is at corner.

I think we have a few pro bowl nominees.

Bodden might be good, I know he was a great pu on Madden!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Haha remember szat, we aren't the Raiders we don't run our team like a Madden Franchise

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Well One, I'd say Pete and Co. have done a fair job emulating the roster turnover in a typical madden franchise mode! lol

Reaction score
What madden are you playing? I've never replaced an entire 52 man roster in 2 seasons lol. I've definitely never made 100+ roster moves in a season.

Top Bottom