• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ryan Tannehill at 12?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If he is there, what are your thoughts on the Seahawks taking Tannehill at 12? I do not think he will be there, but they are definitely doing their due diligence and are showing a decent amount of interest:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ood-day-in-front-of-browns-dolphins-seahawks/

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/03/29/carroll-schneider-attend-tannehills-pro-day/

A Flynn-Tannehill competition excites me more than a Flynn-Jackson competition. But I also realize that since we got Flynn, the pick is probably better used elsewhere.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If Tannehill is there, which I doubt, we might consider him for trade bait.
Tannehill seems to have all the measureables, passes the eyeball test, but I was not impressed by what I saw of him in live action.

Idahawk

Reaction score
While I would like to say hahahaha their not sold on Flynn. I think its more of looking at a developmental QB and Tannehill is certainly that , but so are several others in this draft. I don't think you waste that pick at 12 unless he can and will be your starter.I hope that Decastro or Richardson slip down while the QB frenzy goes on. I'm sure we will have a good share of shocking QB picks again this year.

Reaction score
I think that's too high, if you take a QB at 12 I think he should be ready to play. Tannehill needs at least a year on the bench. I'd rather wait until the 5th or 6th round and take Harnish. I think Harnish has just as much upside and he'll need just as much time on the bench. There's going to be a few really good players sitting there for us at 12. Its possible we'll have Ingram, Coples, Kuechley, Decastro, and Reiff all sitting there at 12 and they're all players we could use more than Tannehill.

Reaction score
I think that's too high, if you take a QB at 12 I think he should be ready to play. Tannehill needs at least a year on the bench. I'd rather wait until the 5th or 6th round and take Harnish. I think Harnish has just as much upside and he'll need just as much time on the bench. There's going to be a few really good players sitting there for us at 12. Its possible we'll have Ingram, Coples, Kuechley, Decastro, and Reiff all sitting there at 12 and they're all players we could use more than Tannehill.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind us taking him, just for some insurance at qb, but we could really use that pick to improve at other spots

Reaction score
I'm sure we will have a good share of shocking QB picks again this year.

Yeah like Jake Locker.

Like everyone, I don't think he'll be there when we pick... but if Coples, Ingram, Kuechly or DeCastro are all gone, and he's still there, I would be tempted to draft him. Never hurts to have too many QBs. Especially if both he and Flynn end up as starting caliber QBs.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Just to keep things honest here, I'm saying we should avoid taking any qb before the 5th round. Why you ask? Our scouting department has either approved or failed to veto acquisitions of the following qb's:

1. Matt Flynn (2 starts in 5 years)
2. Tarvaris Jackson (mediocrity at best)
3. Charlie Whitehurst (didn't we give SD a 2nd rounder to rent this guy for two years and one win?)

Unless we have a new, proven, quarterback scout, we should probably minimize our quartback draft risk by waiting for late round acquisitions. High round picks where we've had success please. RB, CB, DB, LINE.

Al Calderon

Huddler
Reaction score
If Couples and Ingram are gone by 12 I say we go for it. A Tannehill vs Flynn camp would be super competitive and could really bring out the best in both of them

Reaction score
Would be hard to pass on Tannehill if he's there at 12. Never hurts to have too many "potentially" good QBs. All the analysts are dubbing him a "franchise" QB, just not ready to start day one. Might be the perfect scenario for the Hawks. However, highly doubt he'll be there.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. No way he is there. You have Cleveland at 4, Miami at 8, and KC at 11. And with all new staff at Jacksonville, can you really count them out (can you believe they were talking Blaine Gabbert as number 1 at one point last year?).

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
Tannehill is going to the Dolphins at pick 8. the seahawks will draft either a pass rushing DE in either Couples or Melvin Ingram or draft a pro bow line backer and a kid with a real heart and leader ship abilities in Luke Kuechley the next Brian Urlacher!!!!

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
so there for Mr or should I say coach Gus Bradley make the right decision and draft Luke Kuechley!

Al Calderon

Huddler
Reaction score
I need to watch some video on Harnish I've heard of him as a possible pick but don't really know much about him. Why does the draft have to be so far away?? I wanna know who we get now

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
T
Tannehill is going to the Dolphins at pick 8. the seahawks will draft either a pass rushing DE in either Couples or Melvin Ingram or draft a pro bow line backer and a kid with a real heart and leader ship abilities in Luke Kuechley the next Brian Urlacher!!!!

We better be trading up then, bleacherreport has Kuechley gone to Tampa bay....

Al Calderon

Huddler
Reaction score
Found this video. I don't know all the ins and outs of the qb position but just from a eye test he looks pretty good. Id feel good about a 4th or 5th round pick

Top Bottom