• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

REPORT: Warner to Retire

Reaction score
ESPN is holding a 4:30 press conference in Arizona in which reports are to announce the retirement of QB Kurt Warner. Warner won a Super Bowl in 1999 with the Rams and has played for the Giants and Cardinals also. He led the Cardinals to the Super Bowl last year. Again these are just reports, but I will be following.

Reaction score
Hopefully Warner retires and Leinart is the starter. If that's the case, the Hawks have a great chance of making the playoffs again as long as the 49ers stay the same.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawk096;44297 said:
Yeah... if Pete Carroll don't try and acquire him!

HAHA! Oh that would be a sad day for everyone in Seattle then... Talk about starting off on the WRONG foot!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Ok so the conference will be on Warner's future. Adam Schefter is reporting he is retiring and also his teammates have that vibe as well.

Reaction score
I don't think he will bring up Leinart from Arizona. He's been down there a while now and hasn't had much success when brought in to finish out a game or play preseason. Right now we need a good running game and O-Line to help Hasselbeck stay around for a few more years.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Phaze-
Remember when Mike Holmgren brought in his own guy when he became head coach here? Coaches go by who knows their system the best and tend to favor players they used to coach. It doesn't matter if Leinhart's been successful or not if Carroll trusts him more than Hasselbeck with his system he'll make it happen. Not saying Leinhart will be a Seahawk, but just saying you can't go by his past success. Yes it might influence Pete into not making the deal, but then again Hasselbeck had little success when we traded for him as well.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think Holmgren wanting Hasselbeck is at all the same situation. He had worked with Hasselbeck at the pro level the immediate year preceding. Carroll worked with Leinart at the college level almost half a decade ago. Big difference. Leinart is not Carroll's guy anymore.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
True 18, but you still can say it's possible they trade for him. I don't think they will, but if they did it wouldn't shock me.

Reaction score
Hawk096;44316 said:
True 18, but you still can say it's possible they trade for him. I don't think they will, but if they did it wouldn't shock me.
There is a possibility of that happening, but I hope it doesn't.

nfldraft2010

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh, and Matt Leinart is a huge disappointment, and I'd be shocked if the Cardinals made the playoffs next year

Top Bottom