• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reggie Williams?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
He was in the same class of receivers as Fits in college. This is definitely a low risk high reward situation. It is a 3 day tryout. If he does well and shows the ability we all know he has, give him a contract! Like you said, he is only 26 years old. PC could be the guy he needs to kick him in the butt and get him on track to finally live up to his potential. If it works out then good for all. If not, then oh well.

Reaction score
I agree with dmarkholt12, it's a low risk, high reward situation. Even if they do sign him he will have to fight for a spot on the roster.

Edit: Found some more information on him...

Williams was arrested in January 2006 and charged with possession of marijuana; he was permitted to enter a pretrial intervention program, which he successfully completed. He was arrested again and charged with DWI and possession of marijuana on February 27, 2009 in Houston; both charges were later dismissed. April 5, 2009, police officials reported Williams was arrested on felony drug charges after scuffling with Houston police officers at a local night club. Police tasered Williams and took him into custody at which time police found what appeared to be a bag of cocaine in his back pocket.

Reaction score
I love it!

Even if this does not work out, I love the fact that we are going after guys with "character issues" and not just flower planting recylclers like Ruskell did.

Now hopefully he learned a few lessons, and a year away from Football cleared things up.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
I remember him from UW had no idea he went 9th overall though...
I hope this works out we need tall receivers.

Reaction score
Jacksonville wasted all the talent this kid had. Hope someone can find it and get him back to what he once was.

Reaction score
The thing I like the most is it's a no-risk move by the Seahawks. As it's been pointed out if the Williams doesn't do well we don't lose anything, but if he does do well then we can sign him at a position we need depth at. Who knows maybe he fills a specific role that DJ Hackett filled for us. He obviously has the talent, but now he just needs to prove it.

Top Bottom