• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Qwest field no more!!

tacoma21

Huddler
Reaction score
Centurytel just purchased Qwest on Friday. So its inevitable that Qwest Field will no longer be known as Qwest! Centurytel field sound ok???!!! What do u guys think about this

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe just Century and not CenturyTel.

Century Field has a nice ring to it, but probably will not happen.

Reaction score
I looked it up and Qwest bought naming rights for 10 years with a renewal option for 5 more. That means the stadium will be called Qwest Field for at least 2 more years.

S

Seattlehawk94

PacBell Park became SBC Park when PacBell was sold...Then SBC was sold to AT&T hence AT&T Pack...

The contract isn't to "keep it Qwest" for 10 more years, it's to name it whatever the contractholder within chooses within reason....If the new parent company want's to change the name they have every right to do so...

Look at the Ravens Stadium, they've changed the name of that so many times I'm just going to call it "Ravens Stadium" because I really don't care to remember a bunch of corporate names.

Personally I still call PacBell Park, PacBell Park....

Reaction score
#ONE;48094 said:
Is dolphin stadium really named Landshark stadium? LOL too funny
No, it's called Sun Life Stadium now. It's been called Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, and Land Shark Stadium. If I was a Dolphins fan I would just call it Dolphins Stadium.

Reaction score
Oh that's right, my friend works for Sun Life up in Seattle and she was raving about how they just got naming rights to that. Poor dolphins... Sun Life stadium sounds like a retirement home.

Reaction score
#ONE;48100 said:
Oh that's right, my friend works for Sun Life up in Seattle and she was raving about how they just got naming rights to that. Poor dolphins... Sun Life stadium sounds like a retirement home.

You mean it's not a retirement home?! Someone better tell Bill Parcells that!

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
I wish Paul Allen would just buy the rights to Qwest field so he can name it Vulcan field and we can strike fear into the hearts of our rivals.

Reaction score
knownone;48119 said:
I wish Paul Allen would just buy the rights to Qwest field so he can name it Vulcan field and we can strike fear into the hearts of our rivals.

Or at least the Klingons
damn the neutral zone lets just kick their ass! :tomato2:

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;48121 said:
Or at least the Klingons
damn the neutral zone lets just kick their ass! :tomato2:

lol! thats awesome... make it happen Mr. Allen we all know you read this forum.

S

Seattlehawk94

He had the rights in the Charter that built the stadium, but as 18 said, he sold them being that they were part of his share of the cost of Qwest.

Top Bottom