• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

preseason favorites.

Reaction score
I know it's very early, but based off of the moves you've seen this off season who do you think are the preseason favorites to win each division?

AFC:
-Ravens
-Jets
-Colts (hard to justify unseating them, but I think the Texans make it tough for them.)
-Chargers (easiest division to predict in all of football.)

NFC:
-Vikings (I kind of want to say Green Bay here, should be a fun race to watch)
-Cowboys
-Saints
-49ers (I think it'll be close between us and them, but I think we're a year away still.)

Reaction score
AFC:
Ravens
Jets
Texans (Manning has to get injured sooner or later and when he does the Colts will nosedive...)
Chargers

NFC:
Packers
Cowboys (Eagles might be able to, but it all depends on Kolb...)
Saints
49ers (Cardinals lost Warner and w/o him they are horrible. Seahawks are going to get close to winning, but like bobflipaburger said, they're a year out...)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
AFC:
Ravens
Jets
Colts
Raiders (my upset)

NFC:
Vikings
Eagles
Panthers
Seahawks (couldnt help myself:crosself:)

Be cool to do a reminder on this post at end of reg season.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Jets suck SO bad! It will definatly be the Patriots or the Dolphins that will win the division. And the 49ers are scrubs I don't think they can win with Alex Smith.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
AFC:
-Ravens (Possible SB contender with Boldin, Kindle, and Cody)
-Jets (Greene will step it up and Kyle Wilson, Cromartie, and Revis is a DEADLY secondary and with Sanchez having a year behind him, he will be only better)
-Colts (What is needed to be said?)
-Chargers (Will struggle without Jackson for a few games will come out on top but honestly Raider Nation will surprise with Campbell, McClain, and Houston)
NFC:
-Green Bay (Finally pulling together and will edge the Vikings in my opinion. Vikings lost Taylor and didn't improve a much needed secondary much)
-Cowboys (I hate them but they are the best in that division)
-Saints (What needs to be said?)
-49ers (Willis, Smith, and Vernon Davis will lead that team just barely ahead of us)

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Hobbes;48585 said:
The Jets suck SO bad! It will definatly be the Patriots or the Dolphins that will win the division. And the 49ers are scrubs I don't think they can win with Alex Smith.

Seriously? Dude The Jets defense is BEAST. If memory serves they didn't even have Kris Jenkins last year. Their O-line is really good too.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;48588 said:
Seriously? Dude The Jets defense is BEAST. If memory serves they didn't even have Kris Jenkins last year. Their O-line is really good too.

They barely went 9-7 last year only because the Colts didnt play their starters. They also got rid of their best offensive player (jones) and their best guard (faneca) i dont really think they suck but way overrated. The Afc east is the most talented conf and the Pats and Phins are superior teams.

Reaction score
Hobbes exactly it's why they only went 9-7. Now I'm not so sold on Mark Sanchez, but they have a top OL and if that holds up along with the defense they will do just fine.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Shonn Green is a good back and he'll only get better learning from the best back of the past decade. Braylon Edwards is going to be more up to speed in the offense and can stretch the field then Santonio Holmes on the other side is a solid possession receiver. Dustin Keller is a great pass catching tight end, Jericho Cotchery isn't bad either. Sanchez may be the soft spot of the team, but he is surrounded by quite a bit of talent and he's only going to get better.

Reaction score
They let Faneca go because they think a rookie they drafted will be able to jump right in and fill his void... a little risqué if you ask me.

Reaction score
Sanchez was about as good of a QB as Senecca Wallace was last year... only difference is Sanchez played behind one of the best lines, handed off to two really good backs and had the best defense in the event he turned the ball over, which he did a lot of.

His numbers from last year:
PASSING PCT. YDS TD/INT RTG
M. Sanchez 53.8 2444 12-20 63.0

Not saying he's a horrible QB, or won't improve, but his play last year was nothing to be awed by.

Like I said with the #1 rated D, one of the best O lines, 2 great backs, and he only managed a 9-7 (8-8 had Indy not rested their startes in the 3rd) reg season record.

and Shonn Greene and the D won the playoff games, Sanches threw like 10 times a game.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
#ONE;48600 said:
They let Faneca go because they think a rookie they drafted will be able to jump right in and fill his void... a little risqué if you ask me.

lol risqué is not the right word to use there dude. Risky would suffice.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hawk096;48590 said:
Hobbes exactly it's why they only went 9-7. Now I'm not so sold on Mark Sanchez, but they have a top OL and if that holds up along with the defense they will do just fine.

Doing "fine" won't be enough in the AFCE...that's my point.

Matty™

Huddler
Reaction score
AFC:
-Ravens (should have no trouble taking the div)
-Patriots (hate to admit it, but the Bills won't do anything, the Jets will stumble and fall and the 'Phins won't live up to last years expectations, it won't be pretty but they'll take the div.)
-Colts (easiest choice by far)
-Chargers (Raiders will cause some trouble, but its the Bolts div to lose)

NFC:
-Vikings (Green Bay will prove tough, but Vikes will come out on top)
-'Skins (upset choice, team hasn't gelled but doesn't mean they can't go onto shock their rivals and take the div.)
-Falcons (Brees to have a shocking year, Ryan to excel)
-Cardss (Hawks a close second, but even without Warner they have a strong D and even Leinart should have no trouble making enough plays to see them by)

Trigun302

Huddler
Reaction score
AFC

Pats-almost everybody has jumped on the bandwagon that is the jets, but i still dont see it they will most likely contend but with brady another year back, will take the pats deep into the playoffs once again

Ravens-The ravens are almost completely hole free in the offense(depth at wr is a problem) But there defense is really starting to age and it makes me wounder how much longer they can up-stand the raven standard

Colts-der? lolz this pick is probably going to be closer this year then previously but the colts should be healthier this year........scarey(Bob makes it 5 games if he's lucky)

Chargers-They have issues on the O-line that could be troublesome and there defense still have a ridiculous amount of wholes in it. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the chargers lose hold of this division

NFC
Cowboys- O line is still in need of help, also safety play is atrocious But too much fire power for romo to play with for the giants to make a real push

Packers-(favorite to win it all) They have one of the best passers in the game, and an elite amount of offensive players around him, just as long as he gets time in the pocket. The defense will be in it's second year of the 3-4 and that much better, Vikings will really battle them for this spot though

Carolina- i know this seems like a completely out of nowhere pick, but i see matt/clausen doing alot better then delhome(sp) did combined with easily the scariest backfield in the game puts them in every contest There defense needs to replace peppers though(no i dont see the saints falling off the planet but there defense will regress making it hard for them to repeat)

49'rs- Alex smith is another year in the system and i believe will play up to his draft pick finaly, the running game should be vastly improved with the upgraded o line. They have pretty big wholes all over the secondary, and i do not think mays will live up to expectations.......Still seahawks could still win the division if hasselback stays healthy AND the defense plays well in the new system.....and alex smith plays like old alex smith lol

Top Bottom