• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Please, someone explain that CBA issue to a Euro guy

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
Besides the fact that we dont have Unions representing the richest ppl here in Europe, could anyone explain to me what is going on?

Who s the bad one, who s the good one? if there is so.

What do players want? More money? Less work?
Dont tell me their carreer is short, they make more money in one year than most ppl would in their entire life
Dont tell me they take risks. Policemen, firefighters take more risks, and i dont think their wages are similar.
They work hard? They are gifted ? Come on, i know a gifted plumber, who works real hard...

Or are the owners the bad guys?

This might sound naive. But i never understood that in a league where you are only remembered by the W's and rings, men always seem to follow the $...

Reaction score
Its a lot of things, like the owners want and 18 game season and the. Players want to keep it at 16. I just woke up, I can't think, but there's a lot more issues.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;56137 said:
Its a lot of things, like the owners want and 18 game season and the. Players want to keep it at 16. I just woke up, I can't think, but there's a lot more issues.
I guess the NFL offered to have 16 game seasons in 2011 and 2012 then start the 18 game seasons in 2013, but only if the players agreed to it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The biggest issue is money. Nothing more, nothing less. The owners signed a crappy extension to the CBA in 2006 in which the players got more of the revenue for salaries. The owners now want to go back to pre-2006 levels.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Cano51;56131 said:
Besides the fact that we dont have Unions representing the richest ppl here in Europe, could anyone explain to me what is going on?

Dont tell me their carreer is short, they make more money in one year than most ppl would in their entire life
Dont tell me they take risks. Policemen, firefighters take more risks, and i dont think their wages are similar.
They work hard? They are gifted ? Come on, i know a gifted plumber, who works real hard...

This might sound naive. But i never understood that in a league where you are only remembered by the W's and rings, men always seem to follow the $...

The owners want an extra billion off the top. They already get $1 billion of the $9 billion in total revenue, they want another billion. They also want the players to play more games. So essentially they want the players to take less money and play more games.

They also don't want to offer insurance to former players because it would be to expensive. So play more games...check, less health care...check, less money to the players while they play...check.

Reaction score
dizzle498;56147 said:
The owners want an extra billion off the top. They already get $1 billion of the $9 billion in total revenue, they want another billion. They also want the players to play more games. So essentially they want the players to take less money and play more games.

They also don't want to offer insurance to former players because it would be to expensive. So play more games...check, less health care...check, less money to the players while they play...check.

Boo fucking whoo....

These whiney batches are already making a shit ton of money.

Quit buying platinum gills, RR Phantoms, bottles of crys, quit making it rain, quit buying up mansions....

Invest and save some of that money like the rest of us poor folk have to in order to have anything in life.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Cano51;56131 said:

It was a tug-a-war between the NFLPA (players union) and Owners (clubs,teams,franchises) for $1 billion of additional revenue per year. Since they couldnt agree on how to divy it up, and other issues.... The union is now disolved, the owners have locked out the players, and the players are sueing teams under anti trust act laws.

They are both wrong, greedy, SOB's, for not coming to an agreement and TAKING AWAY OUR FOOTBALL DAMNIT! :angry2:

But mostly I blame DeMaurice Smith for being a blood sucking, fat faced, attorney!

Reaction score
The owners are NOT wrong. Fuck that! If you're CEO or owner of a company your employees don't barge in demanding part of your annual profit.

Hell no! These owners have invested millions sometimes billions into theae teams and its theor teams and the fucking hood ass thugs work for them. Not the other way around. Don't like an 18 game schedule or concussion go flip burgers at burger king or some rocks on the street.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
One thing I think, is that even though DeMaurice Smith gets the brunt of the hatred, it really is the players. They appointed him and it is their voice being heard through him. You cannot hate one without the other.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;56170 said:
One thing I think, is that even though DeMaurice Smith gets the brunt of the hatred, it really is the players. They appointed him and it is their voice being heard through him. You cannot hate one without the other.

Or the players that are stewards of the union. I think they are being lead. They did appoint D. Smith cause they knew he was a pitbull. I wonder if there's players out there going, "oh shit" we are we getting ourselfs into.

OP
C

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
I understand the economical part of the story. and have to agree with the pro owners side. should we see all the microsoft employees goin on strike coz bill and paul are accumulating money?

what makes me sick is to hear guys like brady, brees or even manning (who s gotta be a smart guy) sueing the league. when bono or metallica attacked napster back in the days, at least they could justify themselves for doin that for the small and poor bands. But there is no minors here, and dont tell me the new big bocks are goin in the pocket of the practice squad long snapper;...

before this, i thought of the nfl as the best league in the world. the sal cap d guarantee the fairest competition. They should look at restructuring those ridiculous contract first, but i guess it s too late for that.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think without a CBA its a free trade market. So basically we will be what the MLB is... Then we'll see how much PAUL ALLEN REALLY LOVES HIS SEAHAWKS!!!!$$$

Gotta love Chad "8 cinco" Johnson, he's trying out for the KC MLS team! Thats funny, goes to show you not all the players are dick-holes.

Top Bottom