• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers @ Seahawks MNF

Idahawk

Reaction score
It seems there are 32 owners out there that are finding out that being an NFL ref is not as easy as it looks , I'm thinking Green Bay wishes they had just paid them now.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Why were both Tate and Martin on the field? You'd think when we can put Rice, Edwards, McCoy, Moore, and Miller out there tthat we'd only have to put one short guy out there tops.

Reaction score
Why were both Tate and Martin on the field? You'd think when we can put Rice, Edwards, McCoy, Moore, and Miller out there tthat we'd only have to put one short guy out there tops.
Speaking of Edwards, did he even play? He should have been out there on the hail mary and the 4th down prior to that.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, they made the wrong call...

Twice, Wilson was picks earlier and that might have set GB up for more points but apparently diving in mid air you are somehow supposed to stop..That roughing the passer was weak shit..

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
It makes no sense to me that a WIN which is on the books (in our favor) is still being dissected, criticized, and griped about by the local Fan base now heading into next weeks game. its over. Bad calls happen. "Real" referees or temporary.

Over the years of our all watching hail Mary passes, bobbled/fumbled scrim pile ups and ground fights,
we seem to think we are better at officiating than those on the field...(due to a gazillion cameras , Jumbotron, and side comments/analysis by expert? announcers aplenty.

In the course of a game there are hundreds of "calls" that are not made, some are too petty, but, we all see some blatant non-calls as well. Every game has them. Last Mondays questionable game winner was not even close to some I have seen (especially Vikes/Tarkington era), last second wins, by field goal or hail Mary are indicators that this was "anyones" game to win, no clear cut run away victor....so, take the win, next week-or, the week after, you will get the equalizer zebra call that makes up for this WIN.

Good watercooler, tailgate, bar talk stuff, but not as worthy of our talk-time as that first half of sacks and the suffocation of the Green Bay offense. ! Great game, is it Sunday yet ?

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
No, they made the wrong call...

Twice, Wilson was picks earlier and that might have set GB up for more points but apparently diving in mid air you are somehow supposed to stop..That roughing the passer was weak shit..

Other ones I agree, but the touchdown catch was called as correct as possible. It looks bad and I thought otherwise first, but then I read the rules and doesnt matter who has "more" possession as long as both have some, its established at the same time, its simultaneous.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Other ones I agree, but the touchdown catch was called as correct as possible. It looks bad and I thought otherwise first, but then I read the rules and doesnt matter who has "more" possession as long as both have some, its established at the same time, its simultaneous.

Tate had one hand on the ball as he went to the ground. Jennings had the ball cradled with both hands and control. I think it is interesting that Jennings caught the ball instead of knocking it down. He didn't because he'd seen the Lions game.

It leaves the question open: on hail mary plays should defenders knock the ball away or try to catch it?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Tate had one hand on the ball as he went to the ground. Jennings had the ball cradled with both hands and control. I think it is interesting that Jennings caught the ball instead of knocking it down. He didn't because he'd seen the Lions game.

It leaves the question open: on hail mary plays should defenders knock the ball away or try to catch it?

It's all how you want to interpret it. He may have had both hands on the ball, but his feet were not on the ground. I still think they probably should have called it the other way, but you could effectively argue about semantics and interpretation of the rule as written.

I think you do one of two things:
  1. Bat the ball out of the field of play if possible, but definitely bat it down. The Titans defender had the right idea, but failed on the execution of the idea.
  2. Try and push the WR out of bounds if possible - remember there is no force out rule anymore.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Tate has a hand on the ball (See image I posted above) at the same time than Jennings has two hands. It is irrelevant who has "more" control (one or two hands), the rules dont say anything about that. When they hit the ground is when it is officially a "catch", at that point they both still have possession (Hand or two on the ball). As simultaneous catch as possible.

More about these rules here http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-decision-to-not-overturn-seahawks-touchdown

S

Seattlehawk94

Honestly knocking it down is going away fast, if you can get the ball..Go for it...Too many trailers have caught "knockdowns" over the last couple of seasons..More than have caught clean Hail Mary's actually..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It's still the best way to go. Especially after this debacle. I promise you the GB coaches are preaching that this week. Just don't knock it back towards field of play.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Although, if you attempt to defend the pass, knock down, you could get called for PI if you bat the hands of the reciever. Definetly a tough call.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Tate has a hand on the ball (See image I posted above) at the same time than Jennings has two hands. It is irrelevant who has "more" control (one or two hands), the rules dont say anything about that. When they hit the ground is when it is officially a "catch", at that point they both still have possession (Hand or two on the ball). As simultaneous catch as possible.

More about these rules here http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-decision-to-not-overturn-seahawks-touchdown

Jennings claims he had the ball against his chest , he fails to mention that Tate's arm is in between his chest and the ball ! If Tate's arm isn't in there then I can give them a shitty call , but how do I know Tate didn't one hand that ball , and then regather the ball off Jennings Chest once they hit the ground you can't tell he did and you can't tell me he didn't. Its why the NFL couldn't do shit about the call and why its so cut and dry for me .....to bad move on GB

Fine Rodgers for that Finger Gun and for pushing that camera guy...what a humble fuck that buttbag turned into huh ?

Top Bottom