• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Optimism....

Reaction score
Anyone overlly optimisic about this season should go to NFL.com and watch "highlights" from last year.... it brought me right back down to earth real quick.

Couple things I did notice...

-Matt threw a lot of stupid passes that ended as INT's, but one common dinominator seemed to be that almost all them were to Branch. Now I am no pro when it comes to analyzing "film" (lol) but on all the picks thrown to Branch, it seemed like he was just half assisng. Wasn't trying to fight for the ball at all, dive way too early and under running his routes all the time. That guy really is horrible for the West Coast style offense. A lot of the passes were timing passes, Matt had another split second to throw, but looks like he reads the D, see Branch, thinks he's gonna get there then Branch just dives 3 yards shy of where the ball is gonna be and a safety or CB picks it off behind him.

-Our O line was truely horrible... those guys just weren't trying, and if they were they are some of the worst pieces of shit football players I have ever seen.

-Our Secondary and LB core sucked pretty bad. Not having Lofa and Hill hurt a lot. Herring was almost always out of position or was getting knocked on his ass by WRs and RBs.

I worry that we are in it for the long haul guys, I don't think these problems are going away after a season or 2. PC and Schneider have their work cut out.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That whole branch thing is totally true. I thought that as well. Did it seem like everyone hated Mora so much that they refused to play hard? All except for Julius Jones who never tries hard..but he fitted right in with that horrible play lol. Our light at the end of the tunnel was Forsett.

shinedown_155

Huddler
Reaction score
A big reason why the offense was so bad, and defense for that matter, is because of being out coached. It seemed like against good or even decent teams they couldn't play 4 full quarters because the game plan just wasn't good. I remember the Texans game where the Commentators said Matt Shaub said he expected Jim Mora to blitz heavy first and then go back in coverage and that's exactly what he did. When a QB can figure out your whole defensive game plan because he was the 3rd string QB 3 years ago when you were his Head coach you know you aren't a good NFL coach. And Gregg Knapp is awful as well. The reason he had like 3 years of his offenses being top 10 in rushing was because he is clueless in the passing game and Mike vick was his QB 2 of those years. I'm not really optimistic, I'm hoping at the very least 7-9 but in no way do I think the offense will be as bad as last year.

Top Bottom