• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

*OLD* Offseason Transactions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for all the Seahawks transactions this offseason. Last offseason the Seahawks made hundreds of transactions, so don't be surprised if there will be a lot this offseason.

The bigger re-signings, signings and trades can and should receive their own thread. Reply to this thread with smaller transactions only. The list of players below are all those who had contracts with the Seahawks last season, but are not under contract with the team for the 2011-12 season.

Re-Signed:
WR Isaiah Stanback
CB Roy Lewis
RB Chris Henry
CB Kennard Cox
RB Leon Washington

Free Agent Acquisitions:
QB Tarvaris Jackson
G Robert Gallery

Trades:
None

Not Yet Re-Signed:
QB J.P. Losman
FB Michael Robinson
WR Ruvell Martin
S Lawyer Milloy
S Jordan Babineaux
LB Matt McCoy
LB Leroy Hill
C Chris Spencer
T Sean Locklear
T Ray Willis
G/T Chester Pitts
G/T Tyler Polumbus
DT Brandon Mebane
DT Craig Terrill
DT Amon Gordon
DT Junior Siavii
DE Raheem Brock
DE Jay Richardson
CB Kelly Jennings

Players Lost to Free Agency:
QB Matt Hasselbeck
WR Brandon Stokley
LB Will Herring
K Olindo Mare

Players Cut:
TE Chris Baker
QB Nate Davis

Updated: July 27th, 2011 @ 1:49pm

S

Seattlehawk94

I'll never forget Lewis and his throat slash in a fucking PRESEASON GAME and the penalty that came with it...Has to be THE DUMBEST thing I've ever seen on a football field....Well, with the exception of Michael Black in another preseason game in '99 spiking the ball on the 1 foot line because he thought he was in the endzone....

S

Seattlehawk94

Stanback...Another "gem" from UDub....haha....How does this guy keep getting signed?

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55695 said:
Stanback...Another "gem" from UDub....haha....How does this guy keep getting signed?

Yeah I don't get it. Maybe they wanna keep him around to run the occasional wildcat? Makes no sense to me....

Reaction score
He is pretty damn fast... Maybe a returner if Leon doesn't get re-sign, or like #one said he could run the wildcat.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Hmm...I have no clue why we'd re-sign Stanback. I'm thinking it's a backup plan if Leon is gone.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I am so sad. It appears that there won't be any more offseason moves to speak of until this stupid labor agreement gets signed.

Players taking it up the ash, but they don't really have a choice. Lets get the deal done and move on with the draft, players moves and everything else. Shiz!

Reaction score
Fuck the players. The owners OWN the teams which means the players are their employees. If they dint like their multi million dollar salaries they can quit and get a different job with the degree they didn't get. Cops are at risk of being popped and dying each time to put on a uniform and they do it for 40k a year. They are out there protecting us, while these whiney douche bags play a GAME for entertainment.

I have no sympathy for these guys. Most of whom are from the hood and would be dead or in jail if it wasnt for their God given talent.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Seahawks have re-signed RB Chris Henry. He was on the practice squad last season.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;55717 said:
Seahawks have re-signed RB Chris Henry. He was on the practice squad last season.

Teams can sign their own players, but that is it.

Chris Henry? Haha, that is classic. The only guy in the league that has more kids than Cromartie is Chris Henry. Glad he is on board....He seems like a real "glue" guy in the locker room.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
dizzle498;55725 said:
Teams can sign their own players, but that is it.

Chris Henry? Haha, that is classic. The only guy in the league that has more kids than Cromartie is Chris Henry.

I think you are thinking of Travis Henry...not Chris Henry.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Stanback stuck in there at training camp last year for awhile, didnt he get injured? Yeah also might be a dual depth guy and ST contributor. At this point he is camp fodder!

S

Seattlehawk94

dmarkholt12;55728 said:
I think you are thinking of Travis Henry...not Chris Henry.

If we are going to sign Chris Henry why don't we go after Sean Taylor also! STD is so good he wills teams to the playoffs from the great beyond!

Reaction score
Peter King is speculating that the new CBA could return to the old RFA style in which a player with 4-or-more-years of NFL experience will be an UFA. If that's the case DT Brandon Mebane will be UFA and Seattle won't have the option to offer him a tender. So if he is to sign with a new team Seattle won't get a draft pick in return or the chance to keep him by accepting the offer of that teams deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom