• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OL Chester Pitts visits with Hawks

Reaction score
I say pay a little more for the 28 yr old linemen out there rather than these stupid stop gap moves. A 30+ yr old lineman that had mircrofracture surgery sounds familiar.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree Phaze we need to draft you OL and early, but I also think we need some vetern presence too, just not sure this is our guy.

Reaction score
I like the move. He's more of a guard than a tackle, but can play both positions so we still could go tackle at 6. He's familiar with Alex Gibbs's zone-blocking scheme so he can work with the young guys like Unger, while working with the more experienced Sean Locklear. Up until his knee injury he had started 114 games straight and became the first Texan to play in 100 games. He's a leader on and off of the field for Houston. But I think the most important thing is he knows what Gibbs wants. Unlike when Knapp came in other than Mora no one knew what type of plays he liked. With Gibbs we would have someone whose familiar on the line with what blocks he wants and be able to relay it to other players, while working with them and helping them learn the concepts.

Plus I rather see him in Seattle than in San Fran. I think he won't be too costly and wouldn't be surprised if he signs with us.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46663 said:
just read he is 31?
Ya he is a vet. Knows Gibbs zone blocking scheme though. Is versatile on the line. Most importantly like Hawk096 said he will be the perfect guy to help the young guys on our line as well as any young lineman that may be coming in through the draft. Even if they sign him I still believe that they will draft a LT as well as another lineman. This guy isnt their long term solution on the line, but he is very solid and will definitely help implement the Gibbs zone blocking scheme. I would really like this signing a lot!

Reaction score
No doubt they are going to draft a LT BUT this guy is a worn out 31 yr old with a Microfracture surgery. I WAS THE ONE 2yrs agon saying Walt was done. 30 yr olds with MF surgery as OLinemen don't come back.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46668 said:
No doubt they are going to draft a LT BUT this guy is a worn out 31 yr old with a Microfracture surgery. I WAS THE ONE 2yrs agon saying Walt was done. 30 yr olds with MF surgery as OLinemen don't come back.
2 years ago walter jones was 34 not 31. Just because one lineman didnt come back from a microfracture surgery doesnt mean another cant. Surgery is weird, people react differently to the same procedures. Im not saying they should sign the guy to a multi year big contract, but i think a 1 or 2 year deal with incentives for starting a certain amount of games would be a great deal. If nothing else, he will make the transition to Gibbs scheme a lot easier for our current lineman as well as any lineman we bring in through the draft.

Reaction score
Just want to say... there is no salary cap and we have Paul Allen, so price is not a issue...Plus he is not a restricted FA so we aren't loosing any draft picks for the guy... why not sign him:wink2:

its not much of a risk to give up some of Allen's pocket change for a guy who could do good for our line.... i would love if we signed him.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46669 said:
2 years ago walter jones was 34 not 31. Just because one lineman didnt come back from a microfracture surgery doesnt mean another cant. Surgery is weird, people react differently to the same procedures. Im not saying they should sign the guy to a multi year big contract, but i think a 1 or 2 year deal with incentives for starting a certain amount of games would be a great deal. If nothing else, he will make the transition to Gibbs scheme a lot easier for our current lineman as well as any lineman we bring in through the draft.

can you name one that has come back from it. It usually takes 2 yrs to come back if you are young (early 20's). Oden and Amar'e Stoudemire both big guys UNDER 300 pounds both took 2 years to get to 100%. Tubbs took 2 yrs and NEVER made it back.

If he comes for min with a higher team option good do it. Also Allen lost over 200 million the last year. He is not going to just throw money around this year IMO.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46671 said:
can you name one that has come back from it. It usually takes 2 yrs to come back if you are young (early 20's). Oden and Amar'e Stoudemire both big guys UNDER 300 pounds both took 2 years to get to 100%. Tubbs took 2 yrs and NEVER made it back.

If he comes for min with a higher team option good do it. Also Allen lost over 200 million the last year. He is not going to just throw money around this year IMO.
jason kidd, john stockton, zach randolph. kidd and stockton were both over the age of 30 when they had the surgery. both returned back to normal form by the start of the next season. im just saying, surgery affects people in different ways.

Reaction score
they are not big guys (jason kidd, john stockton)

zach was how old???????????????? 23 when he had the surgery! NOT in his 30's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find me BIG heavy football players that had the surgery AFTER they turned 30 that made it back

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46679 said:
they are not big guys (jason kidd, john stockton)

zach was how old???????????????? 23 when he had the surgery! NOT in his 30's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find me BIG heavy football players that had the surgery AFTER they turned 30 that made it back
i dont care if they were big guys or not. basketball is way harder on the knee then football is. in basketball you are constantly running up and down the court on HARDWOOD, making quick cuts, jumping. im not saying football isnt hard on the knees, but unless you are a running back basketball demands WAY more out of your knees than football. yes offensive lineman need to have quick feet and leverage, but to say that it is harder for an offensive lineman to recover from that type of surgery than ANY basketball player is ridiculous.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Come on your acting like this is the worst signing that could happen. We would not be losing compensation, no cap, our Owner is BY FAR the richest in the entire NFL with over 16 BILLION in cash to his name.

Our line is utter garbage at worst and very below average at best, it is not like he is coming in to replace a champion lineman. There are very few lineman out there that cannot be an upgrade for us.

Add the experience with our coach and veteran leadership to a team looking to get younger, he could be a good fill for the next 2-3 years. Which would be enough time to get us a real line who knows the system should these coaches pan out for the long haul.

I vote why the hell not, bring him in and see what hes got. Just don't let this effect our draft plans is all. LT for the win!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46668 said:
I WAS THE ONE 2yrs agon saying Walt was done. 30 yr olds with MF surgery as OLinemen don't come back.

You were saying he was done after the 2007 season when he blocked for Hasselbeck's career year? 9 months before he had his microfracture surgery? Rrrrrright.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Striker;46682 said:
Come on your acting like this is the worst signing that could happen. We would not be losing compensation, no cap, our Owner is BY FAR the richest in the entire NFL with over 16 BILLION in cash to his name.

Our line is utter garbage at worst and very below average at best, it is not like he is coming in to replace a champion lineman. There are very few lineman out there that cannot be an upgrade for us.

Add the experience with our coach and veteran leadership to a team looking to get younger, he could be a good fill for the next 2-3 years. Which would be enough time to get us a real line who knows the system should these coaches pan out for the long haul.

I vote why the hell not, bring him in and see what hes got. Just don't let this effect our draft plans is all. LT for the win!

totally agree doesnt hurt anything... if he sucks take him out simple as that

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Why the hell not? All of the reasons to sign him have already been written. The team will lose nothing if we sign him. He will not come at a huge cost. Paul Allen wants a championship. Money is no object to him. Business wise it makes sense to take chance. The risk/reward scenarios have been stated. Pitts is a veteran who can give guidance by on field play and if the injury isn't fully recovered he can provide it in his off the field teachings.

We need O-Line help. Having a veteran who does the blocking scheme can do nothing but help the guys already on the teams and the guys we will draft. This is a smart signing. Let's hope it happens.

Reaction score
Bigtexhawk;46698 said:
Why the hell not? All of the reasons to sign him have already been written. The team will lose nothing if we sign him. He will not come at a huge cost. Paul Allen wants a championship. Money is no object to him. Business wise it makes sense to take chance. The risk/reward scenarios have been stated. Pitts is a veteran who can give guidance by on field play and if the injury isn't fully recovered he can provide it in his off the field teachings.

We need O-Line help. Having a veteran who does the blocking scheme can do nothing but help the guys already on the teams and the guys we will draft. This is a smart signing. Let's hope it happens.
It's risk free so it makes sense to do it, but they still need to draft Big Walt's replacement and maybe another Guard in the later rounds.

Top Bottom