• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Seahawks @ Panthers thread

S

Seattlehawk94

Wilson has more starts then Flynn

And less yards and TDs....In double the playing time...Oh and he has more INTs...Five weeks into the season and most teams QBs are nearing 1,000 yards....That's 200 fucking yards a game....Pathetic..

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
How many rushing yards did Newton have? Couldn't have benn much more than about 20.

Reaction score
It was like 42 or something but I think most of them came on that long drive. Speaking of which, I wish we'd stop giving teams thar one long drive a game.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Against New York:
16-30 242 yards, 0 TDs 2 INTs. 6 yards rushing 1 TD.

Against us:
12-29 141 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs. 42 yards rushing.

He was benched against the Giants for garbage time, not to send a message or anything.

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
It was a great game except we still have trouble getting into the endzone. The pass game has enormous room for improvement. Not putting it on the QB, the whole offense needs to pitch in and make it better. Receivers have to be open or find a way to get open, and the QB has to know where they are going.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Carroll even said after last week , that Giacomini " would pay dearly" for those stupid moves and then he starts him again ?????

If Breno could tone it down alittle, he is a suprisingly good tackle, and bit of a 'dirt bag' ~moraism
Some of those penalties were weak sauce, so Id like to see him get another shot, but he did cost the team big time.

If not... what about putting carp back over there? I really like Carp at LG so far, but is Frank our next best RT?

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Once Moffit gets back we can put Mcquistan out there. He did a good job filling in for Okung last year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
It think this is our most potent OL config: OKUNG-CARP-UNGER-MOFFITT-???????
BEAST!!!!!!

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
So you have a clear idea of what any rookie can do five games into their career? Give me a break. Why don't you go figure out what station Gumbel really works for. Or if Darnell Dockett finally retired.

Did he retire, haven't heard anyone call his name since that game?

If a rookie has any business starting, then hell yeah. Let's look at Irvin after 5 games. Seems pretty clear that he deserved to start.

Since you brought it up, let's go there.

Can you honestly say you see probowl/SB/Hall of Fame material in Wilson? Some of the great QB's have struggled early but you could sense their potential. Wilson is already known for his meticulous planning, something those young elite QB's don't have at first but learn.

Tell me, how exactly is Wilson going to improve?

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score

If a rookie has any business starting, then hell yeah. Let's look at Irvin after 5 games. Seems pretty clear that he deserved to start.

Can you honestly say you see probowl/SB/Hall of Fame material in Wilson? Some of the great QB's have struggled early but you could sense their potential. Wilson is already known for his meticulous planning, something those young elite QB's don't have at first but learn.

..... Are you serious right now? You're using the fact that he has an awesome work ethic against him?

I see a lot of potential. Accuracy, strong arm, intellegence, mobility, ability to read a defense, "football IQ," leadership, etc... Pretty much all the elements of a good or even a great QB, other than height. Just because he studies like crazy, doesn't mean he fully understands how what he studies will look like on the field. Maybe you can use that as an argument for Flynn, but at this point he seems to be figuring things out a bit... To basically say you don't see any potential at all, especially after watching Jackson all year last season, is absolutely ridiculous. Seems like you're rooting against the guy.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score

Do you watch highlights? Dockett is a major reason the Cardinals are 4-1.

Hasselbeck was far worse after 5 games. But that's okay because he wasn't a rookie? Hasselbeck's ineptitude cost Holmgren his GM role. But I had the same response back then: if you are going to commit to a guy, you give him his fair chance.

I think it would be somewhat hypocritical of me to project that Wilson will be HoF material (where the hell did that even come from) after chastising you for drawing conclusions on him after only 5 games. I think he can make a Pro Bowl if he improves on things like flip indicated. And he can be a Super Bowl QB with our defense: see Trent Dilfer.

Idahawk

Reaction score

EXPERIENCE.

And as they open up the playbook more and more, teams will back off some of this heat their bringing right now.

Better numbers through 5 games than any other Seattle rookie starter

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
..... Are you serious right now? You're using the fact that he has an awesome work ethic against him?

I see a lot of potential. Accuracy, strong arm, intellegence, mobility, ability to read a defense, "football IQ," leadership, etc... Pretty much all the elements of a good or even a great QB, other than height. Just because he studies like crazy, doesn't mean he fully understands how what he studies will look like on the field. Maybe you can use that as an argument for Flynn, but at this point he seems to be figuring things out a bit... To basically say you don't see any potential at all, especially after watching Jackson all year last season, is absolutely ridiculous. Seems like you're rooting against the guy.

I'm not rooting for or against him. I'm saying his work ethic is what has gotten him this far and that it may be all he has to offer. Read the defense? (hell he can hardly see them). Seriously though, I think he does have the potential to be much better than TJ. But you can argue either way, we could have lost quite a few by a couple TD's if Wilson wasn't protecting the ball or we could have won them by a couple TD's and not have had to rely on our defense to win the game.

Do you give credit to Wilson for winning any games? How do you see him figuring things out? Word is he studied like a crazy man and got 1 TD out of it.

It's funny though because you are actually seeing my point about Flynn. He has the potential to grow with his work ethic as well as everything else you mentioned. You start out with the right pieces and go from there. Wilson is missing pieces that won't improve over time.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
..... I don't think you're interpeting what I wrote the right way. I also think you're so wrong that I don't even see the point in arguing.

Top Bottom