• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL RECORD

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the 1st rookie in NFL History with 125+passing rating in 3 consecutive games..

GO HAWKS..

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
With what little he is doing, he is doing it well.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
Peyton Manning 277 409 3,260 67.7 7.97 71 26 8 79.5 104.8

Russell Wilson 178 280 2,051 63.6 7.33 51 17 8 61.8 93.9

The question is he capable of ever producing numbers like Peytons?

SF - Colin Kaepernick 6'5 230lbs.

In order to compete we need a QB that can.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
RW played fantastic.

Its time to uncork this thing, they still are not utilizing him completely, and relying to heavy on the run game.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I hear that. If RW is for real than why hold back?

We need more points on the board.

There has been improvement but 1 or 2 passing TD's a game are not cutting it.

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the 1st rookie in NFL History with 125+passing rating in 3 consecutive games..

GO HAWKS..
Another record: Wilson is the first rookie with a 125+ rating in 3 consecutive games and a loss in one of those games. Records and stats are great, but when you lose the game its all for nothing.

Reaction score
With what little he is doing, he is doing it well.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
Peyton Manning 277 409 3,260 67.7 7.97 71 26 8 79.5 104.8

Russell Wilson 178 280 2,051 63.6 7.33 51 17 8 61.8 93.9

The question is he capable of ever producing numbers like Peytons?

SF - Colin Kaepernick 6'5 230lbs.

In order to compete we need a QB that can.

Lol there's that height argument again. Shaq and Yao Ming are available, lets go get one of them to play QB.

Reaction score
Wilson has the top QBR this week, Tannehill is 2nd.

Wilson has played very well these last two road games with a defense not playing at the level we expect them to and virtually no running game. Defense and a running game are supposed to be the things that travel well. This team is irritating the hell out of me right now.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Lol there's that height argument again. Shaq and Yao Ming are available, lets go get one of them to play QB.

Yeah I know. I just can't seem to overlook the pesky height thing. Keep hoping it will go away.

Oh wait, yeah I can. I was standing behind Colin Kaepernick and couldn't see.

There we go. It's actually quite easy to see over RW.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Fun aside, did you watch Brees try like hell to come back against the 9ers. His ratings plumented like the stock market but that didn't stop him from trying to win the game. He threw even when he shouldn't have. I don't see this with RW. His numbers are going to look great if he always waits for the perfect conditions. Here's the thing, RW is average. He is good at being average and if you like average than it is all good.

A while back I pulled in a Wisconsin survey on RW. Even his own school believed he would never become an Elite QB in the NFL. I get the idea that if we have an average QB and the rest of the team is above average we could win it all, but we don't. You pretty much have to have an Elite QB in order to make it to the Superbowl and win. That is the goal and anything else is just a waste of time.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You're just being stubborn at this point. The only reason we didn't get blown out yesterday is because of Wilson.

Just saying, take any starting QB from a team with a winning record and replace RW and you would have blown Miami away. RW is RW a couple of TD's a game, not enough. As far as teams go, I think Seattle has one of the best. We should be getting more out of them.

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. Lynch did nothing, the defense gave up 24 points to a bad Miami offense. Miami probably has 5+ sacks yesterday we have a less mobile QB back there.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. Lynch did nothing, the defense gave up 24 points to a bad Miami offense. Miami probably has 5+ sacks yesterday we have a less mobile QB back there.

When you have a QB that isn't limited they can compensate for a bad oline with quick pass plays. A few of those and the blitz's won't come as often.

I've always felt Lynch (and Turbin) are not LT/AP/SA type backs. They are physical backs that can protect leads and run time off the clock. If we had a pass first system they would be an awesome part of the puzzle.

Reaction score
We tried running the clock out and kicking a field goal. Those DTs blew up all of our running plays.

Its pretty clear Wilson isn't limited any more.

Reaction score
His first name's RUSSELL and his last name's WILSON.

(Deion Sanders says that when he does the highlight videos for the Seahawks games...)

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Where the hell was sprhawk when the Hawks were winning? I'm getting so tired of this act. Wilson could be throwing for 350 yards and 4 TDs each week, but if the Seahawks don't win, it is his fault.

Why don't you come up with something new for once? I saw you talk about reality in another thread, but your incessant hatred of Wilson and turning a blind eye to what was really wrong in the game clearly shows you are based in anything but reality.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
To be fair, Wilsons great stats are based on the fact that he plays it safe. Hardly any risky throws. It means that the games will stay close and we lean on the defense. I dont mind that if the defense holds, as it does at home but the away games are hard to win this way. To me it seems worth trying to properly unleash Wilson against the Bears and see what happens. They will block our running game, so that feels like the only chance. It of course means that there might be interceptions and not as good QB ratings but the only stat that matters is W-L and I dont care if we get blown out or lose closely.

Wilson is the Franchise QB we have been waiting for. Carroll trusts in tailoring the game according to his players talents, and it remains to be seen when he will give Wilson more trust. Maybe never, and thats fine if the team wins. (which it does not do now)

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Where the hell was sprhawk when the Hawks were winning? I'm getting so tired of this act. Wilson could be throwing for 350 yards and 4 TDs each week, but if the Seahawks don't win, it is his fault.

Why don't you come up with something new for once? I saw you talk about reality in another thread, but your incessant hatred of Wilson and turning a blind eye to what was really wrong in the game clearly shows you are based in anything but reality.

He is the QB, yes it is his fault.

Where were you bro? I was watching the 12th man save close games that should of been blow outs.

So having the shortest QB in the league isn't a hinderance?

You stated exactly what is wrong, RW has never thrown for 4 tds and 350 yds. You seem blind but it is right in front of you.

Always take the high ground.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Like I said when Wilson earned the starting job, it may not happen as fast as some people want it to, but it will happen.

Wilson is so far down on my list of problems this team has to fix that its of no concern at all !

Top Bottom