• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL.com - Seahawks Draft Room

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fb29d0

I definitely agree that the Seahawks would pick Aaron Curry and that he would make a big impact as well as replace the hole left by Peterson. But, I think Brian Billick needs to learn some NFC Football Teams, especially those on the West Coast. When did the Seahawks fall into a rebuilding stage? As far as I can tell, they are a team that will win the NFC West and will go deep into the playoffs. With the 4th pick in the draft and 9 other picks the Seahawks will be able to create a solid team with depth. Apparently, Hasselbeck is our only player and Housh is our only WR. I guess he forgot about Deion Branch (Super Bowl MVP) and Nate Burleson. John Carlson is probably one of the best Tight Ends in the league right now and we also have a future HOF at Left Tackle. On defense we have Marcus Trufant, Patrick Kerney and Tatupu. All of which are Pro Bowl quality players.

When you look at the players you have on this 2009 team you could easily compare them or even say they are better than the 2005 team. If we can execute and stay healthy we will be able to get 11, 12, or 13 wins.

Reaction score
Really all you need is the first three of those though because Curry, Crabtree, Monroe and Smith are probably our top 4 and well we're the 4th pick so we will get one of those guys.

Reaction score
Bob-
Yeah I was basically just ranking them by want/need. I do think we may try and make the teams in front of us trade to try and set us up to take who we want. It's obvious the Chiefs won't trade with the Broncos so them taking Curry is still a possibility. I think Stafford winds up in Motown and Lams still might trade the pick.

Reaction score
Here are some players that have had private workouts scheduled with us or have one scheduled in the future according to Profootballtalk. Along with the list is a breakdown I did with the help of Lindsey's Draft Guide. I will finish the rest over this week.

Idahawk

Reaction score
If you draft Curry and pay him , without getting Hill's deal done then Hill will more then likely hold out. he is not at the off-season program now and would be pissed if we drafted and signed a rookie and paid him 4th pick money.....I think they need to get a deal done with Hill before the draft or else it could get ugly if we were to draft Curry.

Reaction score
Hill needs to just get a deal done and understand he's good, but the impact of Lofa and JP made him better. I think if we don't take Curry then Hill's play will dimish without JP. Hill is good, but I don't think he's as good as people make him out. For years offenses have worried about JP and Lofa- now it's Hill and Lofa. I think if we don't take Curry Hill's impact will be there, but it will also help Herring or Hawthorne or Laury have some impact.

Schadenfreude

Huddler
Reaction score
If you draft one of the tackles though, what do you do with him? Put him at RT for a year or two? :?:

Schadenfreude

Huddler
Reaction score
Aren't RT's tradtionally more run blocking based/power based as compared to an LT? An LT is all about technique and footwork, while an RT is more like a mauler, no? And isn't that Monroe's weakness? (runblocking?)

Reaction score
Schad-
You are very right. Monroe is weak with the strength. He isn't that much explosive.

LT- Jones.
LG- Wahle.
C- Spencer?? Vallos.
RG- Sims??
RT- Locklear

With the lates report of Walter unsure also how he will respond from the surgery and his age makes you wonder if Curry is off of the board why not take Eugene? I like Baylor's Jason Smith a little more, but he looks destined for St. Louis. I think Monroe is second on the Draft Board behind Curry. According to Vince Wolfork in the latest Sporting News he said of Monroe "Good fundamentals and techniques. Will get the toughness necessary through his career."

I do think if they take him also they don't rush Monroe and let him learn from Jones. Keep line as it is, but if something comes up maybe switch Locklear to the guard and let Monroe take care of right tackle.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Schad-
You are very right. Monroe is weak with the strength. He isn't that much explosive.

LT- Jones.
LG- Wahle.
C- Spencer?? Vallos.
RG- Sims??
RT- Locklear

With the lates report of Walter unsure also how he will respond from the surgery and his age makes you wonder if Curry is off of the board why not take Eugene? I like Baylor's Jason Smith a little more, but he looks destined for St. Louis. I think Monroe is second on the Draft Board behind Curry. According to Vince Wolfork in the latest Sporting News he said of Monroe "Good fundamentals and techniques. Will get the toughness necessary through his career."

I do think if they take him also they don't rush Monroe and let him learn from Jones. Keep line as it is, but if something comes up maybe switch Locklear to the guard and let Monroe take care of right tackle.

In all likelihood that's what will happen, but if Curry is there we have to take him.. It's a need, he WILL have an immediate impact whereas if we draft an O-lineman we're not sure if he'll get to see any playing time. I wish we had another LT waiting in the wings... Then the only question would be "Will we take Curry or Crabtree?" But at this point I don't think we have the luxury of taking Crabtree. Although if the first 3 picks are (in no particular order) Curry, Smith, and Monroe. That might just be the way we go... Then again Andre Smith and Brian Orakpo(BTW I really like this guy, I doubt we take him though) would still be out there and so would............... *shutters*........... Stafford and Sanchez.... All I ask is no QB in the first round!!!! That's all I care about if we take any one of those other 6 guys I won't be disappointed at all.

Reaction score
lol everyone like how I just ramble on and make counterpoints to my own points? I do this all the time... No matter how much I agree with something someone says I always (well maybe not ALWAYS) make a counterpoint to what they say... I guess it's gotten to the point where I do that same thing in my head as I'm typing. Pretty soon I'll be all skitzo lol.

Reaction score
I don't think Smith fits Ruskell's work ethic. I think he is one player you can cross off the Seahawks watch list. I do think if Monroe, Curry and J.Smith are gone then we either go Sanchez/Stafford or trade the pick.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I don't think Smith fits Ruskell's work ethic. I think he is one player you can cross off the Seahawks watch list. I do think if Monroe, Curry and J.Smith are gone then we either go Sanchez/Stafford or trade the pick.

I would be beyond angry if we took Stafford or Sanchez...

Top Bottom