• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL Back to LA

S

Seattlehawk94

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...QAeAPeTAQDLoKSbzWROFdG6shgJo8aGmlQWUqHAQ_G0fQ

This should be the end of the Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego and make them the plain old Los Angeles Chargers (0f Los Angeles)....Chargers lease opt out is February-April 2012, look for them to break it and play at the Rose Bowl in 2012 until Farmer's Field is done...Also, look for the Lambies to leave St. Loser in the near future as well so that CBS and FOX each have an AFC/NFC team in the LA market to save blackouts due to the TV rules...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I also heard the Coliseum was a possible temp location for a team to play while the stadium is being built. LA definitely needs a team considering how big the market is. I am just HOPING that it is not going to be the Raiders... That would be a tragedy.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I dunno about the Coliseum....USC's new lease basically prevents an NFL team from using it...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting... Even if there games are only on Saturday? Oh well, going to find out soon enough. They will be making the announcement between February and April of next year.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, USC had something put into the lease when they were threatening to move to the Rose Bowl a couple of years ago....They have veto power over all events in that building...Rose Bowl would have problems with the city of Pasadena and it's residents if they have games there but they might get away with using it for a couple of seasons while Farmer's is built..

If worst came to worst, they COULD use Dodger Stadium or Angel's Stadium though they'd have to shoehorn in a football field but.....I don't think USC or Pasadena would be able to say no if they were the only roadblocks in getting a team OR TEAMS...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well from what you say, the only option I see now is the Rose Bowl. Would be absolutely terrible to have a game at Dodger stadium. That place is a POS...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Dodger would be a VERY last resort....Only thing it's got going for it is parking and access....I personally LOVED going to that place, grew up in OC but spent alot of time around the Pedro, Fernando, Hersh, Lasorda Dodger Stadium in those days....Most beautiful venue for a ballpark outside of SF....If they ever replace it, they need to build in the parking lots there where they were talking about building an NFL Stadium when the O'Malley's owned the team and make the old stadium into a parking lot just for the views and the access....Nothing beats a sunset over the San Gabes on a hot August night in LA....Well, maybe a sunset over the beach next to a nice beach bunny but.....

Top Bottom