• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

M's Staying quiet about Free Agency

Reaction score
Branyan wasn't eligible for arbitration as he wasn't a Type A or B free agent. I'd be happy to have Beltre back but I'd be shocked if he accepted arb.

Reaction score
I thought all free agents were eligible for arbitration?

I really hope he does. Re-signing him is 2nd on my off season wish list under signing Felix long term.

Reaction score
If he does accept it shows he wants to stay here in Seattle because I'm pretty sure he'd rather get a long term contract rather than a one year deal.

Reaction score
Nevermind, you're right Bob. I guess it's just very rare for an unranked FA to be offered arbitration as there's no real reward in it.

Reaction score
FOX Sports is reporting that the Mariners lead the race to land free agent Chone Figgins who played 3B for the Angels and went to the AL Star game last year.

The Mariners have also been linked to starting pitcher Rich Harden.

Reaction score
Chone Figgins surprises me a lot, I would think if we wanted to sign a 3B we'd focus on Beltre. Figgins can play outfield and other infield positions as well.. Maybe we're planning on moving Lopey to 1B and letting Branyan go. Ichiro, Guti, and Figgins... That's a shit ton of speed.

Harden is another Bedard, he has great stuff, but he can NEVER stay healthy.

Reaction score
Besides the spelling of his first name, I love everything about Figgins. He's fits perfectly with what Z's trying to do, and weakens the Angels at the same time. Plus, getting a +3 WAR guy for around $9 million a year (the proposed deal is 4yrs/$35mil) is a heck of a good deal.

Reaction score
His first name is actually Desmond so there's nothing to hate! lol.

I've heard some speculation that we might try to keep Beltre, sign Figgins, and trade Lopez which I'd have no problem with. Actually that still might happen even if we don't re-sign Beltre then we can put Tui at 2B.

This move would make all kinds of sense.

Reaction score
I'd take guys at FOX Sports who have more insider information than a reporter for the News Tribune, but that's just me.

Top Bottom