• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Most Memorable Game

Wood Chipper

Huddler
Reaction score
I searched and didnt find a thread on this. So what is the most memorable Seahawks game you have ever seen?

Me personally it is the game against the Giants, the year they went to the super bowl, and the giants missed like three field goals and the Seahawks won. I still have the towel they handed out at Qwest Field that day.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;56383 said:
2005 NFC championship game when we dismantled the Panthers.
It's hard to beat that game. Definitely a game that all Seahawks fans are proud of.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;56383 said:
2005 NFC championship game when we dismantled the Panthers.

Unless I go to a Super Bowl(doubtful) or a World Series(even more doubtful) I doubt I ever experience a greater win in person than that day.

The 2010 Holiday Bowl is up there because I was so surprised UW won.

Ultimately though this game was to get the franchise to their first ever Super Bowl. I still remember after the game random strangers hugging other random strangers. Good looking girls coming up to me and hugging me. Just a great night all around.

I felt like shit because I was super hungover, paid $200 for 300 level seats and it was worth every damn moment. Pulling over three times for me to puke I'd do it again. Being broke for the next month in college I'd do it again.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I was there for Shaun Alexanders 5 TD in a half game . I would say that would be my top of the list, also the Randy game where he couldn`t catch a cold and the crowd just kept chanting randy, randy until they sat him down, it was awesome to be there for that.
And both the redskin game where Matt took over and the NFC championship game were huge games that changed Seahawks football history

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Because of the importance of the game of course the NFC Championship game Vs Carolina was the biggest, but other than that, I would say......

September of 2002, Sunday Night Football Vs the Vikings, Alexander set a record with five first-half touchdowns. He scored three touchdowns in 1:05. We won the game 48-23.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
The NFC Championship in '05 was awesome. But last season at the Saints game the 12th man returned to form. That stadium exploded when Lynch made his big run. That was exciting for me just because I drove up there hoping the Hawks stayed competitive and didn't get embarrassed on our own field, then they came out there and whooped some ass. Was a great game to be at.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
First game ever with my dad (early 80's) in kingdom, Hawks crushed the Raiders like 35 - 3 epic.

But my favorite all time game was '05 home game against Dallas, in the rain, seats in south endzone, Babs picks off Bledsoe, Holmy runs J. Brown out, no time out, to kick a game winning, buzzer beating FG. That game set the tone for the rest of the season I think.

S

Seattlehawk94

2005 NFC Championship is too easy to say....Wasn't exciting in the 2nd Half...Spent most of that time watching the scoreboard clock, as did MOST people in the stadium counting down the time...

My FAVORITE in terms of EXCITEMENT?

1995---December----Mile High Stadium: Glen Milburn sets the NFL single game all-purpose yardage record and we fall down 21-3 at halftime....Erickson pulls Mirer and puts in Frieze and John Frieze leads them back from a 20 at one time deficit to a win on a TD screen pass to Chris Warren with under 2:00 to play....Biggest comeback in Seahawks HISTORY (still the record) and put us in the hunt for a playoff berth..We didn't make it but we CRUSHED Oakland at the Kingdome the next week on SNF before a loss to KC in Arrowhead in Week 17.....

Had a chance make the playoffs, the Dome was rocking for the Faider game in Week 16, and we clinched our first .500 record since 1990....That game started the run that set Qwest Field, Superbowl, etc. in motion....Before that Denver game there was no buzz in Seattle and if we lost that game, I really believe they would've became the Los Angeles Seahawks....That game was the turning point in franchise history...

Without that win we finish 7-9 or 6-10, the fanbase doesn't sellout the Faider game, Behring's announcement to move the team in January 1996 doesn't upset as many people as it did, Paul Allen doesn't have the push to buy the team, and the Los Angeles Seahawks probably become a Superbowl Calibre team like the Blunder is an NBA Calibre Championship team, and WE the true fans have to suffer like Sonics fans do watching it....

Like I said....That game set EVERYTHING in motion.....We didn't know it at the time but that game probably SAVED the SEATTLE Seahawks....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Plus we never win at Mile High so to win that game was even more unbelievable. That was our last win at Denver until 2006 and by then we had switched conferences. That might be the only time in my life(born in 1985) we swept the season series on John Elway.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
2005 NFC Championship is too easy to say....Wasn't exciting in the 2nd Half...Spent most of that time watching the scoreboard clock, as did MOST people in the stadium counting down the time...

Like I said....That game set EVERYTHING in motion.....We didn't know it at the time but that game probably SAVED the SEATTLE Seahawks....

Very cool take 94, very pivotal game. Sad thing is I dont remember that game specifically. But it just goes to show that every game matters and some can save your team. I cant even imagine life without my seahawks. Its hard enough to having to deal with M's w/o Dave Niehaus.

Top Bottom