• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Michael Vick

Reaction score
I read today in our local paper that there is some contact with Michael Vick and the Seahawks going on right now. I really don't want to see him playing here.
Let some other team take the risk.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I would take Vick as a back up or in a wildcat type formation where he could run some plays for us....I mean talent is talent..I can see why many teams would be looking at Vick. You could get the guy for a song and dance and use the heck of him. Its a good fit on a team with a solid starter in place so there would not be much challenge for the starting job and Vick could just stay behind the scenes as a role player and stay of the news for a year or two and let his past cool down...Everyone deserves a second chance...Hell we have pot heads , drunk drivers and wife beaters on our team now..so whats the big deal deal about a guy that fought dogs ..whats worse ????

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
I would take Vick as a back up or in a wildcat type formation where he could run some plays for us....I mean talent is talent..I can see why many teams would be looking at Vick. You could get the guy for a song and dance and use the heck of him. Its a good fit on a team with a solid starter in place so there would not be much challenge for the starting job and Vick could just stay behind the scenes as a role player and stay of the news for a year or two and let his past cool down...Everyone deserves a second chance...Hell we have pot heads , drunk drivers and wife beaters on our team now..so whats the big deal deal about a guy that fought dogs ..whats worse ????
I think harming dogs isn't nearly as bad as harming humans, but people have made such a big deal about what Vick did. I bet he would have drawn a lot less people if he killed someone.

Reaction score
Idahawk said:

No... he didn't just fight dogs... he took part in violent... unthinkable KILLINGS of live animals... Slamming a dogs head into the ground until it died... holding a dogs head underwater until it died... these are acts that are unthinkable... Obviously there is something seriously wrong with him... to do this to an animal is unthinkable... don't compare this to anything. Obviously we all know the first step to serial killing when you are a kid is torturing small animals... and the sad thing is, he is a grown man. Not saying he will kill people, all I am saying is there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with him, and I don't think ANYONE in the NFL would want to be associated with that. This is not just a "mistake" as some people call it, getting drunk and getting into a bar fight is a mistake. Purposely killing innocent dogs for your own sick pleasure is in it's own league, and I would be disappointed if he got reinstated, let alone come on our team.. I would NEVER support that man, I don't care how many touchdowns he could possibly score... Ida like you said, talent is talent... you will always have that talent, but sickness is also sickness, and if something is chemically wrong with your head, like the case of Micheal Vick.. that never goes away.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Vick wasn't even a good QB. I would say an outstanding athlete, but he was terrible as a QB.

1. He never saw a 3,000+ yard season
2. His TD/INT ratio is not that good even bringing into account his rushing TD's
3. He flipped off the fans
4. Had plenty of off the field issues (we all know the big one)
5. Was not a leader in the locker room or on the field
6. Holds the record for being the only QB ever to rush for 1,000 yards in a single season. (This is by far the most disgraceful record a QB could have. It shows complete lack of pocket presence and confidence in his arm.)
7. Rightly so since he has never had a 60% comp in a season

In all, he would make a great complement player for a wildcat as we all have surmised. However, he was one of the most over rated QB's ever. I would not want him on the Seahawks, he is a locker room nightmare.

Reaction score
You find me one reason why Seattle would even be interested in him other than his connection with Mora and I will listen to your reason. Here are at least 10 reasons we aren't interested in him:

10- Off-field problems
9- Not a good QB.
8- Jim Mora didn't even want him in Atlanta.
7- He doesn't fit a WCO scheme.
6- Paul Allen doesn't want us to have angry PETA fans everywhere we go.
5- The distractions it would cause- remember some players said that the Holmgren distractions hurt them last year.
4- How would Hasselbeck and Wallace feel if we bring in Vick? Let alone the whole team.
3- He's an athlete not a QB totally different.
2- We have Seneca Wallace.
1- Mike Vick never did well with the WCO he scrambled himself out of situations and made plays by feet. On top of that he can't even throw a ball more than 10-yards without it looking like a shot duck.

Everybody mentions how Mora coached him and this and that, but they leave out the fact that he has already stated "No" to Vick and he was hired as coach after Vick was drafted. His father (Jim Mora Sr.) even said on NFL Network "Vick is a coach killer."

Other than the connections with Mora there are no legitimate reason for us to bring Vick in. I think we can officially put this to end.

Reaction score
Vick has been conditionally reinstated today. Goodell will give him a ruling no later than Week 6 and as early as well soon on his full reinstatement. He can practice with teams and play in pre-season games, but not regular season. More to come as the day and weeks go on.

Reaction score
If you want to talk about not enough let's talk Stallworth... kills a man drunk and gets 90-days and out early cause of good behavior. All Vick did was kill dogs... compared to Stallworth looks like an angel.

G

Hawk096 said:
If you want to talk about not enough let's talk Stallworth... kills a man drunk and gets 90-days and out early cause of good behavior. All Vick did was kill dogs... compared to Stallworth looks like an angel.

I don't think that's how it worked...

Michael Vick's too much of a talent to pass up. He did his time - he deserves a second chance. Having said that, I just don't see how he fits into our scheme of things. Plus, with Tim Ruskell's history in recruiting, there's no way he'd let Vick play on his team... is there?

Passepartout

Huddler
Reaction score
Vick really needs some guidance and hopefully class act Dungy will help him. As Vick needs to mature as a player but most of all, as a person.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:

All he did was kill dogs? Did you read the stuff he did to them? It's horrible. And he killed A LOT of dogs ON PURPOSE and I don't think he feels any remorse for his actions. Stallworth made a bad decision and accidentally killed a guy and from what I can tell he was really torn up about it plus he'll be on probation for 2 years after he gets out he has to be one of those guys that goes to schools and talks about the dangers of drunk driving... He didn't just get a slap on the wrist, plus the dude's family is ok with the punishment so I don't see why we shouldn't be. If Michael Vick wasn't a football player he would have been in jail for 7 years.

Top Bottom