• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lynch , Training Camp and Pre Season

Idahawk

Reaction score
Marshaun ,I love you man but you should have thought about this deal before your last contract . If he holds out he'll lose 2 million and the respect of the fans , I want him to play but the team can't bend to his will .

Anyone going to training camp ? It sold out in less then an hour , we went last year I doubt I'd do it again , it's a process but fun .

Denver next Thursday !!!!!! How's that game going to go ? Lol

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't mind the hold out, he doesn't really need to be in camp and keeps ALL THE MEDIA distracted with that one singular topic. I swear even the local media can hardly even get off it. So many different position battles going on in TC and that's all they can come up with to talk about. Even if he doesnt play all TC, comes back with no new contract, and gets his fines back, I am good with that. He'll be beast mode come Sept again!

Reaction score
Don't see this ending well for Lynch. I understand the whole "contract" thing in the NFL isn't "fair" but it is the way it is.

I don't think Marshawn owes the team anything, but they did in a way rescue him out of the abyss that was Buffalo and basically resurrected his career. Cable also helped him become a more complete back. He was rewarded with a good deal and he needs to live with it. To him it's about one guy, for Pete and John it's about 53 guys. Can't bend even an inch.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
That's the way I see as well , he got a very nice contract for a RB in today's NFL , I understand his current deal takes him to 30 which is running back death , but he and his agent should have thought of that before the cash grab and not after , I don't expect the seahawks to waiver , they can't .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He wont see next years money, his 2015 cap is 9M, so he will be cut to make room for RW mega deal.
He knows it, JS knows it, we all know it. So I think this is just posturing to give him a break out of TC and maybe get him I bigger slice out of the pie this year.

To me, if we can get him a little more this year, I would do it. Lynch has been one of the most exciting, physical, and interesting players we have had in a long time. I personally put him only behind Curt Warner, and unlike alot of neurotic fans, am not ready to just hand the reins over to turbin/michael.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Beast Mode sighting...

I like that he couldn't stand to be away from his team that long. I wonder what Pete and him worked out, as Mike Rob eluded to on NFL network last night....

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
You nailed that Szat !

Honestly I wonder if Lynch was simply avoiding ESPN and the NFL network , who were both at camp thus week ?

Reaction score
I'm glad he's back. This was really the only thing even remotely close to a ? all offseason.

Now let's hope the rash of injuries is over. Man, I feel terrible for McCoy and Williams. Those dudes can't catch a break.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I personally put him only behind Curt Warner, and unlike alot of neurotic fans, am not ready to just hand the reins over to turbin/michael.

Curt Warner with a "C"? You mean OUR Curt Warner?

I guess in a way I'm one of those neurotic fans then. Also, not meaning to split hairs but if you mention those two RBs in order of significance you should have said Michael/Turbin rather than Turbin/Michael.
I'm not in any way taking anything away from Beast Mode. But had he decided not to return this year, Michael would have been ready to replace him. Why wouldn't he be? The team is all in with Michael and his upside and RBs rise to the top much sooner than all other positions in football. Maybe the only thing keeping Michael down is Lynch.

That being said, I'm glad Lynch is back for one more go.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Curt Warner with a "C"? You mean OUR Curt Warner?

The one and only! Yeah I remember him and he was one of the most electric RB's to watch. He had Walter Payton like moves!

Also, not meaning to split hairs but if you mention those two RBs in order of significance you should have said Michael/Turbin rather than Turbin/Michael.

I believe Turbin is next on the depth chart probably due to seniority. Plus I have 'heard' good reports out of camp about Turbin. But I agree C. Michael has tremendous upside.

But what makes you so sure that Michael can just step into starting spot in the NFL, let alone to Marshawns caliber? I am totally intrigued with C. Michael's potential too, but not so much that I want usher out our guy...
Lynch does it all man, has all the tools, speed and power, and he punishes defenses, makes them think twice about squaring up with him.

CM is unproven, and I have concerns about his durability, work ethic, and doing the other little things required at the position. There was a reason he was held out of his senior year in college, and out of playing time last year.

Hopefully people are not making assessments based on a few 'wow' plays during last pre-season.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
[Updated 4:40 p.m. Pro Football Talk's Michael David Smith is reporting that -- contrary to what was first reported -- the Seahawks did, in fact, restructure Lynch's deal. Here's what Smith had to say:
Under Lynch’s previous contract, he was due to make a $5 million base salary this year, plus $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and he could have earned another $500,000 in incentives if he had rushed for 1,500 yards. Now Lynch gets a base salary of $6 million (meaning the Seahawks effectively guaranteed the $1 million he previously would have had to earn), plus they’re taking $500,000 that he had been scheduled to get paid in 2015 and giving it to him now instead. In all, Lynch will make $6.5 million this year.]

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
I also think Michael is the #2 back behind Lynch. He hasn't had allot of chances to really show what he can do. When he has he has impressed me with both his running and catching the ball. Turbin has had more chances but has not impressed me as much as Michael. I'm glad Lynch is back but I think Michael will surprise allot of people with his play on the field.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Turbin reminds me of Julius Jones, all upper body, and cant break a tackle for the life of him.
I might take spenser ware over him.

Top Bottom